test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Corsair flight deck carrier

vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
Hi I've bought the corsair flight deck carrier retrofit with fleet creds i see two cannons on the upper aft i was wondering what weapons i need equipped for them to be anything more than something to look at also are there more power versions of the tachyon drone?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    As someone who flies the Blackguard... I think it depends if it is rigged to be a weapon hardpoint or not.
    Different weapon types use different hardpoints. It is possible that either a turret, omni beam, or beam array will use those points. It is also possible that they are purely cosmetic and no weapons use them as a hardpoint whatsoever.

Only thing I can suggest is to try a beam build and a cannon build and see where the weapons fire from.

As for the Tachyon Drones... pretty much every hanger pet in the game has 3 levels.
    • Blue: stock, also available via normal equipment vendor for ECs
    • Purple: Listed as Advanced, available in the Dilithium Store
    • Ultraviolet: Listed as Elite, generally available from a Fleet Starbase of appropriate level for DL and Fleet Credits
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > As someone who flies the Blackguard... I think it depends if it is rigged to be a weapon hardpoint or not.
    > Different weapon types use different hardpoints. It is possible that either a turret, omni beam, or beam array will use those points. It is also possible that they are purely cosmetic and no weapons use them as a hardpoint whatsoever.
    >
    > Only thing I can suggest is to try a beam build and a cannon build and see where the weapons fire from.
    >
    > As for the Tachyon Drones... pretty much every hanger pet in the game has 3 levels.* Blue: stock, also available via normal equipment vendor for ECs
    > * Purple: Listed as Advanced, available in the Dilithium Store
    > * Ultraviolet: Listed as Elite, generally available from a Fleet Starbase of appropriate level for DL and Fleet Credits

Thank you but the advance version does not appear on the DL store fortunately I'm in a fleet so i can get the elite version and after flying it for a while i think the hardpoints on the back are for torpedoes
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think those ships cannot equip cannons
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »

They come with single cannons as standard equipment, so yes they probably cannot equip duals or they would most likely have one in the basic loadout. The rear hardpoints could still be used for turrets though, and those may be the things that link to the visual rear turrets (though the ship comes with a disrupter array, a torpedo, and a mine launcher back there standard).
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User

They come with single cannons as standard equipment, so yes they probably cannot equip duals or they would most likely have one in the basic loadout. The rear hardpoints could still be used for turrets though, and those may be the things that link to the visual rear turrets (though the ship comes with a disrupter array, a torpedo, and a mine launcher back there standard).

They used to not, but were upgraded shortly after Discovery Miracle Worker Constitution and D7 to be able to handle dual cannons.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

They used to not, but were upgraded shortly after Discovery Miracle Worker Constitution and D7 to be able to handle dual cannons.

Wow! didn't knew that, then i'll have to revisit those ships!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.