test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc Launcher and Passwords.

So here trying to login to my Arc Launcher. Of course I can't remember my password, after a few tries. So, I reset my password.

Now here I am on the forums, using the email and new password of the registered account.

The Arc Launcher however keeps telling me the new password that I just reset is incorrect. And, yes, before you say i'm typing stuff in wrong, I've double and triple checked all spelling.

Now I normally play through Steam, and I never have and never will link my Arc and Steam accounts, even though I've actually tried my Steam password on my Arc account with this.

Anyone got any idea on how to fix this?
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    There was another player with the same issue a short while ago.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13603262

Might help you
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    OK we can scratch this thread. Seems to have righted itself after waiting like half an hour. Or it could have been I tried my new password enough to make it ban my account for 10 minutes. One of the two.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    aliceslick#4123 aliceslick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sorry to necro a thread that's resolved, but I'm having a similar issue and I don't appear to be able to post my own threads yet. I tried every version of my password I could think of, so I tried the "forgot password" button, but all that does is bring me to the Arc homepage in a browser window. I don't see anything there about changing passwords. Luckily I'm still auto-logged in to the site, so I went to my account page and tried to reset it that way, but it won't work since I don't remember my old one. Finally, I tried copying the password listed on my Account page as current and that didn't work either. The only possible reasons I can see for this issue are either that the server is down and no one can log in right now, or that I got timelocked out of my account and wasn't warned about it. I've also checked for recent emails and haven't seen anything. It is possible that it got reset when I had to use a temporary code to designate my PC as "friendly" in order to log into the forums, but I'm 99% sure I've logged into the launcher several times since then without issue. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Sorry to necro a thread that's resolved, but I'm having a similar issue and I don't appear to be able to post my own threads yet. I tried every version of my password I could think of, so I tried the "forgot password" button, but all that does is bring me to the Arc homepage in a browser window. I don't see anything there about changing passwords. Luckily I'm still auto-logged in to the site, so I went to my account page and tried to reset it that way, but it won't work since I don't remember my old one. Finally, I tried copying the password listed on my Account page as current and that didn't work either. The only possible reasons I can see for this issue are either that the server is down and no one can log in right now, or that I got timelocked out of my account and wasn't warned about it. I've also checked for recent emails and haven't seen anything. It is possible that it got reset when I had to use a temporary code to designate my PC as "friendly" in order to log into the forums, but I'm 99% sure I've logged into the launcher several times since then without issue. Any suggestions?

Ohhh no this thread is not necro'd :smile:

Others are having log in issues which is currently under investigation

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1257479/account-server-down

Keep a watch on the thread for updates

Tweet .... Account server is currently offline. Will be back shortly