test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[HOUSE DIVIDED] "The Centre Cannot Hold" and "Khitomer Discord" Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    My head-canon for the slow spread of the weapon is the fact they had barely any time to actually install it onto J’mpok’s ship led to it not firing properly, causing enough issues that the resulting breach didn’t expand as rapidly as it should have.

That's actually plausible. J'Ula had time to get everything right on her ship. J'mpok didn't. Even if he got help from Aakar, J'mpok's ship wasn't exactly set up to support it fully yet. And to fire it THAT soon after taking it? Yea I can see it not being at 100% capability yet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Assuming J'Ula knows J'mpok installed it on his ship and not just used her's.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    you know, i'm wondering something else - does j'ula's superweapon even have an official name? because as far as i can remember, it's just referred to as 'weapon' or 'superweapon' in the relevant missions, patrols and TFOs

if it doesn't, i vote we call it the Mycelial Rift Generator...because that's literally what it does​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    I think its only been referred to as a Mycelial Weapon. No official name for it.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    They literally say that Aakar has helped J'mpok install the weapon on his ship already, in one of the first dialogues after he beams out, no less.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    As a nice little gameplay moment they could have given us 4 options to detain her based on our class. Which is something else I miss from the past. Missions used to have little changes based on class. Just as a random example everyone have option A. Then there was 3 further options based on class. Tac could have gone in the room with option A or B and order the team wide angle stun. Sci could have just before going could setup a status trap so have Option A or C and engineer might have caused the lights to flicker off as a distraction so option A and D? perhaps not the best examples but little minor events based on class was a highlight from old missions. Somewhere along the line the devs lost that little nice feature in missions. For me this is the little thing that makes a big impact that new missions miss.

As you said Pottsey: Tactical option: Wide angle stun.
    Science option: Use tricorder to program the AC to pump out Anesthizine Gas in the rooms.
    Engineer Option: Program the lighting to suddenly strobe, disorienting her long enough to be captured (likely a heroic tackle and pin)

I miss these little options.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    J'mpok has secretly amassed half the klingon forces for his false flag operation at a MAJOR alliance conference and NONE of the other power's intelligence was able to catch on?
    It's not that he hid their presence, but rather that he hid their purpose. I mean he's the Klingon Chancellor, if he says they're there to guard the site who will say no?

I have to say making lists of the characters seen is quite interesting.. Lots are new... some very much NOT new. One in particular is a character that hasn't been in a story mission for YEARS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    This is the first time ever we see a planetborn rift
    No, it wasn't. They showed us whatsHisName defying Jula, and nuking that city on the planet instead of the shipyard. That was instantaneous.
    You clearly haven't fully read my post.
    This is the first time ever we see a planetborn rift, though not the first time one was created.
    (added emphasis)

We didn't beam to Q'Vat, so we have no idea how a typical rift behaves on a planet. And, again, Khitomer facility had SHIELDS. And what J'Ula says about the civilians could have so many meanings. She could already know hordes of Elachis are going to kill anyone, she could know that in time the rift will consume the whole city, etc...

The rift behaving differently under a brand new set of parameters isn't inconsistent, even if it was designed that way to add drama.
    J'Ula also acted familiar with Q'Vat, and implied that basically everyone was gonna die.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    J'Ula also acted familiar with Q'Vat, and implied that basically everyone was gonna die.

Well... she did indicate that she has family ties to the planet.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    she outright stated her mother was from q'vat - that's way more than a simple implication​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    TOS, 'The Changling', energy equivalent to 450 Photon Torpedoes needed to knock down the Enterprise's Shields.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    So i went through as a Klingon character for the new episodes and i don't know if its just me but i kind of felt like everyone around me treated me almost like i was not a Klingon at all in fact it felt like i was a complete outsider most of the time especially at that one point where you are like " maybe we should send klingon prisoners to your ship" and i'm like wtf why would i say that i'm klingon in the klingon empire as well
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    grtiggy wrote: »
    So i went through as a Klingon character for the new episodes and i don't know if its just me but i kind of felt like everyone around me treated me almost like i was not a Klingon at all in fact it felt like i was a complete outsider most of the time especially at that one point where you are like " maybe we should send klingon prisoners to your ship" and i'm like wtf why would i say that i'm klingon in the klingon empire as well

So...even in the klingon centric story arc, we are treated as if we are all starfleet...nice...that is just peachy keen.

While true that little snippet was definitely not in character for a KDF toon, the majority of the mission responses actually felt much more Klingon than Pretty much anything since the Fek’Ihri arc.
    she outright stated her mother was from q'vat - that's way more than a simple implication​​
    I meant that it was implied she thought the people of Q'Vat were doomed.

Also I'm not sure how much she knows about how the planet has changed since she took command of the Lukara in Disco era.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User

Since when in ST has shields ever made a difference against a SUPERweapon?
    Lets see...

TOS S1 - "Balance of Terror" Outpost 4's shield deflects one full Plasma Blast from the Romulan Warbird (said attack blew the Deflector Shied out, but the Roms had to fire again to destroy the Base...)

TOS S2 - "The Doomsday Machine" - The 1701 Deflectors are effective against a pure anti-proton weapon that can slice entire planets apart. They take about 5 hits before the shields drop.

TOS S2 - The Changeling" - The 1701's shields absorb four hits before dropping - and per Spock, each hit is equivalent to 90 photon torpedoes and the Bolts travel as Warp 15.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The new 1701's shield deflect/absorb one of V'Ger's full Plasma Bolts. The same Bolts that took out (IE "Patterned for Data Storage") three new Klingon K'Tangas in one shot each and also destroyed (IE "Patterned for Data Storage") the Epsilon 9 station in one shot.

So...are 4 examples enough? ;)

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.