test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Become the Red Angel!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The powerful and enigmatic Red Angel Suit can be your for participating in Star Trek Online's next major event, coming June 30th!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11464293

Comments

• horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Am I reading that correctly? you need 60 daily progress and can 2 each day? Because if my math is correct we only have 29 days from June 30 to July 28 but we would need 30 days.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    horstpfick wrote: »
    Am I reading that correctly? you need 60 daily progress and can 2 each day? Because if my math is correct we only have 29 days from June 30 to July 28 but we would need 30 days.

Blog was edited - now it is 40 points in 30 days, so no problem any longer... :)
  • sporek2sporek2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    tnx for clearing that up.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm liking the different functions of the Red Angel suit & it looks good, imo.

Not looking forward to all the ground action if multiple suits causes lots of lag, but wait & see.

I'm tired too of all the Discovery only content shoved at us, but 2 new Episodes, a new TFO, & 3 new Patrols is nice!

I'm guessing it will be an environmental suit, shouldn't it be?
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Does this mean temporal paradoxes will ensue and destroy STO if I forget to come back and save myself at some point while wearing this?

Or am I already trapped in a predestination paradox having already come back and saved myself?

I hate time travel sometimes...

My head hurts :s
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Does this mean temporal paradoxes will ensue and destroy STO if I forget to come back and save myself at some point while wearing this?

Or am I already trapped in a predestination paradox having already come back and saved myself?

I hate time travel sometimes...

My head hurts :s

Sometimes effects happens before cause.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    To quote myself:
    questerius wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Please make this a spaceship. Red Angel suit space PVP
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    To quote myself:
    @ambassadorkael#6946

*pictures a torpedo, or a ship doing ramming speed on Questerius* :#
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    To quote myself:
    @ambassadorkael#6946

True, but nobody dirties your windscreen better than me.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Blog says June 30th - July 30th. Launcher reads June 30th @ 8am PT till July 28th @ 10am PT. Which is the correct dates?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Oh that's not OP at all.

This was thoroughly unexpected, but TRIBBLE it, LET'S GO! I'm still in a perpetual good mood after finally getting my Nemesis refit Sovereign class.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    Not gonna lie - hyped. Those animations look phenomenal.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Question: Is one of the new partols a ground patrol?

I really liked the 'First Contact day' ground patrol, it's a shame it was only in the game during the event....
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Can our Bridge Officers wear the Red Angel armor and will they also have it's visuals?
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Is it the Battle near Xahea? The one where the repair drone from a couple of events ago was first actually seen? I can see the challenges of making it happen but it's one battle I'd love to get stuck into.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Not gonna lie - hyped. Those animations look phenomenal.

I am too a bit, I'm tired of all Discovery all the time, but based upon those YT vids this looks neat.
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Again with the Discovery stuff ? Could we maybe get back to exploring new areas post Gamma arc rather than wallowing in prequels ?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hmmm, doesn't look account unlocked. So future characters are out of luck/time.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Well at least I'll finish the campaign before I have to finish the event. *shrug* Hopefully it won't be as lagy in game as it was today logging in and getting kicked off.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    My Cryptic, what a big 2G+ download!

I'm guess this is for the upcoming 'content drop'.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    The suit looks awesome with its abilities, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that for my main and alts.
    plus adding 2 new episodes, 1 new TFO and 3 new patrols is nice to see, thanks cryptic..
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Too bad it didn't have jet packs and rockets....immediately c&c red alert 3 rocket angels came to mind when I first saw this in Discovery to begin with... I am a bit confused though...is this "red angel" event going on with the summer event on pc??? I am still waiting to see the final version of the ship we chose and the stats for her... "I like science"
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's an Account Unlock. ALL Event Rewards are.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Again with the Discovery stuff ? Could we maybe get back to exploring new areas post Gamma arc rather than wallowing in prequels ?

Yup, can we actually get something unique and purely Star Trek Online, rather than digging around the corpses of prequels?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Blog says June 30th - July 30th. Launcher reads June 30th @ 8am PT till July 28th @ 10am PT. Which is the correct dates?

Good to see the launcher got up dated to read till 07/30 :)
    To quote myself:
    @ambassadorkael#6946

True, but nobody dirties your windscreen better than me.

9F9TtFm.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Thought that would catch you attention.
    I am, off course, talking about landing on your craft and utilizing those 24c cans of spray paint.

As for the Red Angel costume, it will probably be parked on a boff. Never really liked how it looks.
    Might be potent, but the looks make my inner space barby hurl.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Thought that would catch you attention.
    I am, off course, talking about landing on your craft and utilizing those 24c cans of spray paint.

As for the Red Angel costume, it will probably be parked on a boff. Never really liked how it looks.
    Might be potent, but the looks make my inner space barby hurl.

Same...but instant resurrection (so you now have two instant revives; one a device and the other this), free use hypos and funky and powerful new attacks (I can so imagine using TRIBBLE Dastardly tactics like activating the temporal shift on a mob group; dropping a load of mines and such under where they were when twirling my moustache as they return to the present...) ... You have to admit; on elite suffering a little bit of space barbie damage might be worth it

I'm just hoping they QC'd it and made sure the attack bar change does not erase/mess up any binds/layouts though.