test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain Riker Spin-off

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I Loved Captain Riker in Star Trek Picard so why don't he have is own TV Series I mean after 50 years were getting Captain Pike Back as Captain of the Original Enterprise in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (yes they did promise Original Series Klingons and TNG Klingons too from what I hear) So why not Captain Riker in Command of the USS Titan or another Star Ship hell even the Enterprise I think it would be so Cool to have that
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    It has been too long so the actor does not look the part anymore for the Titan, but on the other hand they could have the further adventures of whatever ship he was on at the end of Picard season one.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    It has been too long so the actor does not look the part anymore for the Titan, but on the other hand they could have the further adventures of whatever ship he was on at the end of Picard season one.

I think it was the Zheng He. And from what I can figure, Riker's basically a reservist now. He only pused to be reactivated because he had a feeling his old friend Picard was going to need some help, so he wanted to be in a position that COULD should Picard ask for it.

"Just because I wasn't trying to talk you out of it doesn't mean I was going to let you go it alone."
    -Will Riker
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    ryuranger wrote: »
    I Loved Captain Riker in Star Trek Picard so why don't he have is own TV Series I mean after 50 years were getting Captain Pike Back as Captain of the Original Enterprise in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (yes they did promise Original Series Klingons and TNG Klingons too from what I hear) So why not Captain Riker in Command of the USS Titan or another Star Ship hell even the Enterprise I think it would be so Cool to have that

Frakes really is in no shape to act as Riker anymore. Actually, pretty much all of the returning TNG-actors in ST: Picard were embarrassing (Spiner being an exception, as he fits into the old-scientist-trope pretty well I think).

And as redlettermedia put it... nobody will be impressed if challenged by an ACTING CAPTAIN. Because to outsiders it sounds like that's not even a captain at all.

It would lead to that stereotypical "I want to talk to your manager"-situation.

Post edited by redeyedraven on
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Can't believe no one sees the obvious, but it should be a Retired Riker Cooking Show.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Can't believe no one sees the obvious, but it should be a Retired Riker Cooking Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-i7J9ZLuM

Just wait till the episode with Neelix as a guest-cook...