T6 Dyson Science Destroyer

2»

Comments

• Options
    gunny338#2712 gunny338 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    > @nightken said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > personally I would prefer pilot over intel, though anything besides temporal is good enough for me.

Dyson t6 is long overdue with more temporal abilities.
    "The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives.
    We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity"

Captain Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @nightken said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > personally I would prefer pilot over intel, though anything besides temporal is good enough for me.

plenty of other ships long overdue ahead of the dyson line.

Agreed
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator

I don't see the Dysons being Temporal. Miracle Worker, Intel, and maybe Command, but not Temporal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

I don't see the Dysons being Temporal. Miracle Worker, Intel, and maybe Command, but not Temporal.

I think the temporal stuff comes up because of the dual mode transformation the Dyson ships can do even though it is more like the Ar'kif carrier's anime-like modular system transformation and nothing like the temporal molecular reconstruction abilities.

Personally I think the best fit with the Dyson style of doing things would be Miracle Worker since it plays into the complex automated system schtick the Dyson sphere itself is done with. In fact, it would be great if they put a single drone hanger in that could use one of the pink quality drones you get from "Sphere of Influence" mission since the smaller cousins of things are all over the place in the ground battlezone.
  • Options
    I agree. The Solanae Sphere was largely automated, and the fact it still functions, even gimped by the somewhat incompatable Star, is a miracle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

i failed to see it as well, but many argued against it. i for one dislike MW specialization. not a fan of the line and wont use it. however, most people think this is best for SCI cpts and ships. i disagree.

They must be kidding. How can the vague mediocrity of MW compete with a 50-point boost to EPG that you get from fully developed Temporal spec?

• Options
    and this is where forced specializations ruin game-play for people. i dislike MW. it doesnt fit what i want to use or how to play, thus limits options for me to use certain ships. although most ships i dislike, and the ones i might like, have the seating i dont.

The thing is that they kinda have to have some of these "forced" specializations because players will gravitate towards the ones that do the most damage most of the time, as the meta is "it can't hurt you if its already dead". In order to give players the ability to try these different abilities, they literally have to make ships tailored for them. Otherwise why bother? Why should we bother with Miracle Worker if Intel is superior? Why should we bother with Command if Temporal is superior?
    Its only superior for those who choose to call it that. They all play into different playstyles.

You actually admit you dislike MW and that it doesn't fit your playstyle. Doesn't mean you can't use the Gagarin honestly if you wanted to. Just because she has the seating, doesn't mean you have to use it for that. I run mine like a normal ship that just happens to have the mechanic. I don't use any of the BOff abilities, and I kinda like that she's got a 2 minute slipstream.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    And the extra Console Slot. Did I mention the extra Console Slot. I rarely use the specialized seating except for Mixed Armaments Synergy on Miracle Workers, Override Sub-System Safeties on Intel, and sometimes Attack Pattern Lambda on Pilot.

It's actually 90 second Slipstream but with anything above 1 it says 2.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    > @nightken said:
    > (Quote)
    >

I'd honestly love to see them use the Dyson ships as a model for perhaps an earlier design of what will become the 31st Temporal ships. We still may see a lot more of the Fed, KDF, or Romulan Republic influence, still I've long wondered how they may Evolve or update the fleet of Dyson Ships for sure!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    You know, I wouldn’t mind at all if they turned the DSDs into an Alliance ship pack of some sort. Have a three pack with Alliance skins, plus you can use the skins of the T5s for whatever faction you are flying it as.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Good idea.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    As long as they were also available separately so people can get them with the ship coupons as well as the package it would be good. If there was no way to get them without paying a lot of cash for them it would would definitely be a bad thing.
  • Options
    dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Definitely down for a T6 Dyson set. And they could even make a unique bundle for it.

Bundle contents:
    • T6 Dyson variants for the T5 Fed, KDF & Rom vessels
    • Dyson uniform (I know this is a fleet purchase, but it would go with the theme)
    • An actual Dyson vanity set - creates the visual effects of the Dyson vessels (purple impulse trail & hull plating) Not like the Dyson reputation one. Really bring home the look to other ships. I'm thinking a vanity shield and maybe even the first vanity engine? I don't recall the Dyson destroyers having any special deflector visual.

Would anyone even be interested in a bundle like this?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.