test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"No Win Scenarios" Event ship question

tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
Hello, all. Just so I understand, the ship part of the reward for No Win Scenarios says it is a scaling T4.
This means that stats-wise it will scale up to a maximum of a T4 ship, so it would not be useful for any of my captains who have progressed past that point, correct?

Might be a nice thing to have as an option for a new character down the line, I just did not want to go claiming it on level 65 characters if it won't do any good there. :)

Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It's a freighter, and scaling T4, so not exactly a battleship. I, for one, will play for it so I can get it on toons who don't have a freighter (tuffli).

I like having some kind of freighter on my toons.

I might even switch out Sompek and No-Win since I kind of like them both (even though I really don't like ground)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    It's a card and i will have to see if it has any other uses.
    Kind of sad that the regular Sompek will not be available during the event, only the 7 round version.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, you get a admiralty card and the ship too. It's a freighter so I doubt it's much good in battle.

They made the 7-round special for events so they don't last forever. I don't mind them, if I want to play longer I'll queue for the regular one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    It's a freighter, and scaling T4, so not exactly a battleship. I, for one, will play for it so I can get it on toons who don't have a freighter (tuffli).

I like having some kind of freighter on my toons.

I might even switch out Sompek and No-Win since I kind of like them both (even though I really don't like ground)

Ah, ok. Thanks. My eyes read freighter, but my brain was thinking carrier. I don't know that I've ever looked much into freighters. I'll have to check out info on them and their uses.
  • Options
    For me, freighters are good for my RP side.

And you can TW to any location from them, so hopefully it has that feature too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They mentioned it had all the extra locations that the (Tuffli/Cell Ship) had.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    They mentioned it had all the extra locations that the (Tuffli/Cell Ship) had.

That's good to know. Then to me it's worth playing for.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    The Maru while being T4 is definitely combat capable in advanced queues. The limiting factors of her Console Layout & BOFF layout along with weapons can be worked around, but should also always be in the captains mind if you decide to push her into advanced queues.

Of course she wont match the performance or DPS capabilities of a T6 starship. However i am looking forward to the challenge of building her up. Already have a working idea in my head.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I was mistaken. Someone said on Reddit it enters combat with all subsystems offline.

He was joking and I didn’t catch that it was a joke.

Carry on forum. Carry on
  • Options
    Made up. T4 Ships don't get Starship Traits. A clever joke, no doubt. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xaxial#0851 xaxial Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    sorry to resurrect an old thread but it fits the topic.

The event website AND ingame description of the event stated that you can switch to your freighter from inside your starship and back again. How exactly do i do this? I cannot seem to find that option available
  • Options
    Resurrecting a thread that is more than thirty days past the last post is a no-no.

Thankfully, this one is not.

To switch ships, press U, then select your ship. On the bottom of the screen is a 'Switch Ship' button. Press that and you'll get a list of your active ships. Choose your freighter from there. You don't have to be inside your ship to do this.

Inside your ship is a person who can put you in your shuttle, but not any other ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    It also means that the Transwarp Destinations for the Kobayashi has the Exploration Clusters as well like the Tuffli/Cell Ship.

The other Service the ship has is a Quartermaster that sells all Commodities and at discount rates just like the two afformentioned ships.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    So far only my Starfleet main has a freighter (Cellship). Nice to get an account wide option (if I read that correctly). I do plan to create a new Klingon character when the new content rolls out and he will be a freighter captain (at least up to T5). I'm curious about its interiors; the Suliban and the Tuffli have a quite unique ones.
  • Options
    The interior on the Federation one is exactly like the Tuffli. I expect that that KDF one would be the same.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I'm glad to get an acct-wide freighter myself. They do come in handy.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Looking forward to it for RP reasons - I can't justify to myself why Starfleet would put a jumped-up cadet with a field commission in command of a frontline starship. A modified freighter designed as a Q-ship, sure... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    I have two Characters with the Tuffli, one with the Cell, now have the Kobayashi, and the full combat ship Amarie account wide. Can carry an awful amount of freight. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The interior on the Federation one is exactly like the Tuffli. I expect that that KDF one would be the same.

Divided... on one side the Tuffli interior from what I remember is big and overall fitting to its ship. I like it.

On the other side.. laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. It does not even look fitting to the ships. Well, maybe the KDF one considering the grounded freighter look; but the KM looks as licked clean as any other starfleet vessel.

*sigh*

• Options
    tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Anyone knows if

"Note: You can switch to your Freighter from any ship interior. Once you're done using it, switch back to any ship from the Freighter interior."

is actually a thing? I wouldn't know how to do that. Only thing I know is the switch from a shuttle which is rather clunky as it allows you only to select the last ship used.

I haven't found any option in all my regular ship interiors. There's only the shuttle switch.
  • Options
    The Boff that lets you switch to the Shuttle either in the Shuttle or in your main Ship now has a listing for the Freighter as well. If you now have the Kobayashi, and the Tuffli, and or the Cell Ship you would be given the option to switch to any of them. Note that for the Ship to appear for that choice you must have at least prepped it.

If you are in your Freighter because you have selected it as your Main Ship, your Boff will present you a list of all your Active Ships to Ready.

I usually find it easier to Beam to the Shuttle Interior to switch to the Freighter.

The Character I am currently playing is using the Amarie, which is a combat ship as well as having all of the Freighter amenities, so I really don't need to switch.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    The TAS Orion ship would make a good armed freighter too. Though it does look a bit weird by TOS standards (whoever designed it must have had bees or hornets on the brain) but is rather mild by modern ones (the Festoon and T'Plana Hath are even weirder from a design standpoint for instance).
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Augmented Dictator Games got 149k dps on the Klingon version of the Koboyashi Maru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hKxtmBEJM&t=1545s
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The TAS Orion ship would make a good armed freighter too. Though it does look a bit weird by TOS standards (whoever designed it must have had bees or hornets on the brain) but is rather mild by modern ones (the Festoon and T'Plana Hath are even weirder from a design standpoint for instance).
    Since they didn't need to make physical models the TAS ships often have very fluid lines.
    latest?cb=20080229004116&path-prefix=en
    It reminds me of a bat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I think the problem with some TAS designs, which I think includes this ship was that we never saw them from more then a handful of angles and the construction if mapped to a 3D or physical model wouldn't make much sense (or at least is missing parts that would allow it make sense).
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. There's not enough to really get a feel for how the ship is built.
    latest?cb=20080229004006&path-prefix=en
    All we can infer is that its got more mass than a Constitution Class.

A quick google search would reveal multiple interpretations of what the ship could look like from different angles.

Honestly... I think our best bet for a TOS era Orion ship would probably be the one from TOSr episode Journey to Babel.
    TrekBabel7.jpg
    And since we already have the Jellyfish, having the spinny bits isn't a problem.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I boarded the event ship and I got confused. The inside looks alot like a Tuffi class freighter but it fits inside of a miranda hull?
    Also the Miranda bridge is no where near as big as the Tuffi bridge is :)Just saying.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I boarded the event ship and I got confused. The inside looks alot like a Tuffi class freighter but it fits inside of a miranda hull?
    Also the Miranda bridge is no where near as big as the Tuffi bridge is :)Just saying.

Its using the same freighter interrior.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.