test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

La Sirena Soars into Star Trek Online!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
La Sirena, the ship that soared into a starring role in Star Trek: Picard, will soon be available in Star Trek Online!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11422643

Comments

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I'm sure it is quite potent, as all promotion ships are, but it doesn't hit a soft spot for me.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The stats are in the Blog.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bifftacular#5407 bifftacular Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Another promo ship, eh? Well, if it could be unlocked for all characters on my account, maybe I'd be interested. To my knowledge they are still single character unlocks, so definitely not something I have any real interest in. Even if they were account wide though, the odds of getting a ship are so small I would never waste resources opening packs or boxes.

I'm glad new things are being made and released even if I personally wish it were missions and not fluff. I know lots of folks will spend lots of money in their attempts to get the ship. And since money makes the world go around, I won't fault Cryptic for trying to make some. I just miss the days where we'd get new missions every month or two. I can't even remember the last time we got a new mission. And I don't count the FCD patrol since it's apparently only going to be around for FCD events.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated, not by how other actually treat you.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Cool Wing Commander ship! What? That's from Trek? *shrugs*
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical/Pilot, 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Intel, 1 Commander Universal

Am I reading that correctly?? TWO Commander seats!?!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Cryptic still flogging the dead horse that is R&D mats.

Isn't it about time the system had some improvements to give actual value to a gamblebox that's also a rather worthless booby prize?
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    I rather have the Rocinante. so when?
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The ship looks like a good rendering of the Picard series' ship. The console reads as it could have nice fun potential & the starship trait maybe less so but without knowing the numbers still unsure. At least it has Improved Flanking for a gamble raider ship. The 2 Comm seats are indeed a nice perk & again from those screen pics it looks good. I'm just tired & done of having more & more gambling introduced. Good luck to those that gamble for it!
  • Options
    loveinitloveinit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Another ship in RnD box wont be getting with the terrible drop rate. just like the locked boxes went thru 200 keys just to get 1 t6 ship. dont even bother save your money
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I'm sure it is quite potent, as all promotion ships are, but it doesn't hit a soft spot for me.

A couple of promo ships aren't that great actually. The S31 is around as good as a C store ship, and the Franklin is about lobi level.

This ship has promo level stats for sure, but I get the feeling it isn't going to do well.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    westx211 wrote: »
    I get the feeling it isn't going to do well.

If that second Commander seat is real and not a typo then I think it will do VERY well. It's probably a typo though.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's an R&D and a Duty Officer Promo. Your choice.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Sigh. Yet another promo pack ship only the whales will ever get to fly. Could we maybe get something in the C-store again? Aside from Mudd's Market and the slap in the face that was the Legendary ships, I don't think we've gotten any new C-store ships in over six months.
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    When was the last time we got an interesting C-store ship instead of all the promo pack stuff?
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    How many free keys are you going to give me to open this ? as zero interest in anything Picard related.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    All I'm seeing is a slightly redesigned T6 Risian Corvette, with a powercreep console based off the Delta Alliance summons, and a trait that accentuates the aforementioned powercreep.

Console looks to summon 6 ships and +Eng, Sci, and Tac readiness, YAY! MOAR! FASTER! DPS!
    Reduced boff cooldown from the trait. YAY! MOAR! FASTER! DPS!

Like we needed any more of it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I will stick with the C-store and the event ships, much less expensive than gamble boxes will be for a single ship. AND the gamble ships ARE NOT ACCOUNT UNLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    If that second Commander seat is real and not a typo then I think it will do VERY well. It's probably a typo though.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hmm. Looking at the odd bridge configuration... it does total up to 13 BOFF abilities, which most (all?) other T6 ships have, so I have a feeling it's correct. Just packed onto 4 BOFFs instead of 5.
    It's not the first ship with two commanders: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jem'Hadar_Light_Battlecruiser
  • Options
    wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm surprised no one is talking about, "Hull Strength: 1 (scales with level)". Talk about your glass cannon!
  • Options
    jimnygib#9272 jimnygib Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical/Pilot, 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal/Intel, 1 Commander Universal

Am I reading that correctly?? TWO Commander seats!?!

that's what i was thinking!!! holy TRIBBLE man if that is the case you could have soo many options for builds on this thing!!
    I would honestly get it just for those two Boff seats man (imo)
  • Options
    Hmm. Looking at the odd bridge configuration... it does total up to 13 BOFF abilities, which most (all?) other T6 ships have, so I have a feeling it's correct. Just packed onto 4 BOFFs instead of 5.
    It's not the first ship with two commanders: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jem'Hadar_Light_Battlecruiser

I had no idea, I wonder why that isn't seen more often.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Nah, not this time, Cryptic. I really like other promo ships but that thing is somehow 0 interest.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

I had no idea, I wonder why that isn't seen more often.

Its technically one of the best cruisers in the game, but for some reason it appears it was really unpopular.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    A glorified Runabout that could barely hold its own against against a single-seat Romulan fighter craft is somehow a super-offensive warship that can mount as much forward weaponry as a purpose-built battlecruiser.. yup, that makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Hard pass.
  • Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    There is no guarantee that I can get this for any reasonable value for money as it's not a c store ship.

No thanks
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    What no magic device that instantly fixes all damage to your ship with the power of your imagination? God picard was a trash show.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    *double post