test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4/9/2020 - STO launcher crashes when attempting to patch

Hello, I've attempted to patch my build through the launcher as the server is down (for maintenance) and the launcher keeps on crashing when attempting to patch the holodeck to the latest settings.

Steps:
1. Login through arc.
2. Boot the launcher up.
3. The launcher gets stuck on the "patching" phase.
4. The launcher crashes.

Occurring : 10/10
PC - Windows 10.

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Edit - Now it no longer occurred (In like 3 minutes from posting the issue here) - Would recommend letting this topic open and gathering replies from other users who also experience this . Perhaps it comes of use to devs or other users.
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue, been going on for about 30 mins so far
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    okay I just posted and now it's working
  • Options
    x6460x6460 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    ERROR: Unrecognized command "(null)" (did you mean "-(null)"?)
    Line: utils\cmdparse.c(2802)
    Finally decided to make a sig.
    I see allot of them with a character, and ship.
    though I'm not sure which ship to put on there...
    I'll think about it. This will do for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jarrod3213#3301 jarrod3213 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am having the same issue
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    I could get in and I'm using Win 10 home (Finnish edition) in case that'll help you tract down what's causing it.
  • Options
    vaisatrianivaisatriani Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I flat out can't get the game to launch at all after the last patch. I select the ENGAGE button, the Cryptic screen comes up, it flickers once, and then locks up. On my task manager, it always goes to 'Not Responding', and I have to select END TASK to get out of it. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it...that did not fix the issue. I also verified that all of my drivers are up to date/current. Please advise.

update: uninstalling it and re-installing the game again (third time) and rebooting my computer seemed to fix it. I'm able to get in now.
    Post edited by vaisatriani on
  • Options
    fknightsfknights Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've had this issue happen for the last two patches-- for STO and for CO. Rebooting usually fixes the problem, but it's really weird that it's only happening to me now?

I've tried doing force verify/safe launch, etc., but nothing works -- I get the error and then the launcher crashes out. Heckin' frustrating.
  • Options
    aelwulf1aelwulf1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I flat out can't get the game to launch at all after the last patch. I select the ENGAGE button, the Cryptic screen comes up, it flickers once, and then locks up. On my task manager, it always goes to 'Not Responding', and I have to select END TASK to get out of it. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it...that did not fix the issue. I also verified that all of my drivers are up to date/current. Please advise.

update: uninstalling it and re-installing the game again (third time) and rebooting my computer seemed to fix it. I'm able to get in now.

I'm experiencing similar. It was working fine a few days ago last time I logged in. Now I hit Engage, get a black screen with the blue spinning cursor, and it hangs. I click once and it flickers. Click again and it tells me Not Responding and I have to close out.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall. >.<

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled, still doing it. Hate missing out on things because of random technical glitches. GameClient.exe stops working.

Post edited by aelwulf1 on
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    I just play through the Star Trek Online launcher. Feel bad for those having these problems.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I just play through the Star Trek Online launcher. Feel bad for those having these problems.
    The issue occurs in the Star Trek Online launcher. Using Arc or Steam might be irrelevant.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Your first step said you log into Arc. I am going by what you have provided. I disagree that using Arc or Steam might be irrelevant. When you use Arc or Steam, it signs you in while when you just use the launcher without Arc or Steam you need to sign yourself in. I believe that is where the problem lies since I do not have this issue playing through the STO launcher and have Windows 10 as well.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.