test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Of all the days...

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
:: sigh ::

Everything was going great today and I was really looking forward to playing a little STO and I was just about to sit down at the keyboard when, as if from no where, a coconut struck me in the head. Except for a tiny bump on the top of my head, I'm sure I'll be fine, but for one thing: I've forgotten, completely, how to play STO. Years of game play tactics and techniques are all gone - Vanish - from my head. I mean, right down to the basics. I need a fast tutorial or I can't play today.

btw - For those of you concerned for my health, I've seen my Doctor and he assures me I'll be fine just as soon as he can figures out the exact, right place to hit my head again with an anti-amnesia coconut. He is pretty sure the local pharmacist has one in stock, so I'll should be fine by tomorrow or the next day at the lastest, but, as I said, I could really use your help TODAY.

Like I said, I need a fast tutorial on the basics. So hit me with it. Load me me up with all of the top tactics and techniques you think every beginner needs to know to play STO the best way for the best beginner results.

Boldly go where no schwartz has gone before.
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    If you have a empty character slot, you can play through the tutorial again.

For anything more advanced than that, there are guides in the Academy section to help.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    :: sigh ::

Everything was going great today and I was really looking forward to playing a little STO and I was just about to sit down at the keyboard when, as if from no where, a coconut struck me in the head. Except for a tiny bump on the top of my head, I'm sure I'll be fine, but for one thing: I've forgotten, completely, how to play STO. Years of game play tactics and techniques are all gone - Vanish - from my head. I mean, right down to the basics. I need a fast tutorial or I can't play today.

btw - For those of you concerned for my health, I've seen my Doctor and he assures me I'll be fine just as soon as he can figures out the exact, right place to hit my head again with an anti-amnesia coconut. He is pretty sure the local pharmacist has one in stock, so I'll should be fine by tomorrow or the next day at the lastest, but, as I said, I could really use your help TODAY.

Like I said, I need a fast tutorial on the basics. So hit me with it. Load me me up with all of the top tactics and techniques you think every beginner needs to know to play STO the best way for the best beginner results.

Boldly go where no schwartz has gone before.

So, you need a tactical Coconut?, i think that goes to the Infinity Lockbox. Anyway, there is some web pages, and a lot of post in the forum with some tactics, very good read, btw. Also, i think the title is a little vague, you should change it to avoid been locked down.. :blush:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Oh the bright side, you can now use this as you theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqEmAsUXVJY
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    There should be an international foolish day or something where we can all come together for situations like this.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just put Beam Arrays on a ship and set to Auto fire and you'll be all set. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I must ask, the coconut that encounered your noggin, was it carried by an african or european swallow?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    I must ask, the coconut that encounered your noggin, was it carried by an african or european swallow?

European. I did not actually see them, but I heard their outrageous accents.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »

Fun Fact: That's what happened to me last year.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    show of hands, paws, tentacles or other appropriate digits - how many other people besides me immediately realized the thread was a fake one made for april first?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Well, sure we were just humoring the old guy as we figured he wasn't fully right in the head after the accident.

Another thing to do to get you fully back into the game is roll one of those Horta Captains. They pretty much take care of everything for you.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, sure we were just humoring the old guy as we figured he wasn't fully right in the head after the accident.

Another thing to do to get you fully back into the game is roll one of those Horta Captains. They pretty much take care of everything for you.

Wow! Those Horta Captains are really versatile.
    Oh, and don't worry. I'm not going let this happen again. I just ordered a Coconut Protection Helmet.

1008764d1439691499t-coconut-husk-helmet-___nutshell.png

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    show of hands, paws, tentacles or other appropriate digits - how many other people besides me immediately realized the thread was a fake one made for april first?

Since you blatantly discriminate against hoofers, I'll refuse to reply to you... Damn, I just did... pig-27.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.