What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is everyone doing around the world with the Coronavirus Isolation

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I'm already starting to go loco with nothing to do.
    I suppose I could make a start on my box of Ork Boyz or start reading the Gaunt's Ghosts series.
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
      artan42 wrote: »
      I'm stuck in the house, for all I know we could be extinct and I'm talking to a bunch of bot scripts.

Eh you got a good point... you're all figments of my more than slightly deranged imagination.
    • Options
      captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
      edited March 2020
      Other than the fact that just this morning I had the surreal experience of passing out letters of transit to my staff which authorizes us to pass through all quarantine zones whether local, state or federally mandated or hour of day as long as it is in the performance of our jobs, a "perk" of toiling in what our president has deemed a crucial role; my time at home remains unaffected. I watch only a little television a week and mostly play video games or listen to lots of music. I used to read more, but have gotten away from that for the most part. Time will tell!
    • Options
      otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
      As a Senior Citizen with underlying issues in a community of Senior Citizens with underlying issues, I am doing well. Our needs are still being met and I have more time to play STO. Down side, our community is on lock down, only essential personnel are let in after being screened and residents are asked to not leave the premises. All in all no worries.
      Fleet Admiral Stephen
    • Options
      mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
      I go to work as normal, then I go home and play games. I spread my time between STO, Fallout 4, and I recently bought Resident Evil 2 on steam. Can't wait for Resident Evil 3 to release.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      Biological organisms are susceptible to EM as well. Gamma-ray bursts are a common theorised mass extinction event.

Not only that, smaller scale EM can affect humans as well. Ever heard of something called a Fear Cage? High EMF can lead to paranoia if someone is exposed to it on a local level, leading to a belief that a particular area may be haunted. That was one of the things the TAPS team on Ghost Hunters looked for. If an EM field had an actual source, it was most likely the source of the so called haunting, and thus debunked. And the sources could be from a badly shielded electical box to nearby power lines.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
      I do pest control for a living. The governor of Massachusetts is shutting everything down on Sunday. It is said only essential personnel are exempt from the shut down. So it's game on for me.
      Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    • Options
      jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
      siotaylor wrote: »
      I'm stuck in the house, for all I know we could be extinct and I'm talking to a bunch of bot scripts.

Eh you got a good point... you're all figments of my more than slightly deranged imagination.
      I'm a figment of someone else's imagination. And that person needs to see a good therapist like yesterday.
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • Options
      hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
      edited March 2020
      I'm scared for everyone. But I don't want my scared to make anyone else scared, so I'll just say everyone's doing great.
    • Options
      jonsills wrote: »

I'm a figment of someone else's imagination. And that person needs to see a good therapist like yesterday.

Therapists are all in lockdown... non essential personnel.

In other news, I hear the B-Ark is launching today.
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      jonsills wrote: »

Therapists are all in lockdown... non essential personnel.

In other news, I hear the B-Ark is launching today.

I'm stockpiling leaves, I'm going to be so rich.
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
      Creating a character list for the Altverse, reworking Mirror Tale notes, etc for my worldbuilding.
      temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
    • Options
      I'm going loco, it's unbearable
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
        Trying not to go crazy here.
        temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
      • Options
        It's a breach of my civil liberties.
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options

Civil liberties have been temporarily suspended due to the Event. Please REMAIN INDOORS and try not to think about the Event.
        • Options
          edited March 2020
          I'm going stir crazy, never thought I'd see the UK become a police state
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
            I confess it doesn't affect me nearly as much as others - I work a seasonal job, and my season is supposed to start next month. Trouble is, I live in Massachusetts, and the job (I'm the timing and scoring chief for road racing clubs) involves going to states that are either locked down (New York and Connecticut) or will likely be (New Hampshire and right here at home). I've already had one event in Connecticut scheduled for next month cancelled, and the second is in New York - they've told me they're taking a "wait and see" approach.
            TW1sr57.jpg
            "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
          • Options
            artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Civil liberties have been temporarily suspended due to the Event. Please REMAIN INDOORS and try not to think about the Event.
            the_event.jpg
            Screen-Shot-2015-03-05-at-3.25.jpg

22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
            Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
            JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
            'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
            'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
            '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
            'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
            '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
          • Options
            At least I've got the dogs to keep me company
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options

Funny, living here myself, I'd say it's pretty much been a police state for the last 10 years or so. However, to expand on that would be needlessly political, so let's not.
            • Options
              sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
              stuck at home since almost 2 weeks, containment continues until mid-April, and possibly late April. I work now exclusively at home, and I play at STO, I read.
            • Options
              edited March 2020

Funny, living here myself, I'd say it's pretty much been a police state for the last 10 years or so. However, to expand on that would be needlessly political, so let's not.

True, humans being a sociable species often do not like being cooped up for too long, basic human psychology.
              If this carries on, people are just going to go loco.
              Post edited by theraven2378 on
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
                edited March 2020
                We've not gone extinct as a species yet from any pandemic. Some close bottlenecks but we're still here.

Of course not, extinction tends to be a one-off event. If we had, we'd not be having this conversation.

What makes you think that everyone in this world is not a computer program running on a massive simulation. This is the only thing that makes sense with how crazy this world is.

True, humans being a sociable species often do not like being cooped up for two long, basic human psychology.
                If this carries on, people are just going to go loco.

Some people are far more resilient than others for being cooped up. As long as some of us have electricity, a well stocked fridge, and the internet, then we would not mind being cooped up.
              • Options
                protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
                9WbJ8Vu.jpg
              • Options
                jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
                I'm an autistic gamer - I was self-isolating before it was cool.
                Lorna-Wing-sig.png
              • Options
                nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
                I live in a hmo with people who refuse to stop bringing guests into the house constantly in a house with electric and gas on a top up metre so I may be without power and hot water if we stay locked down too long. Then when it's all over the landlord will probably sell.

Things are undoubtedly going to get worse before they get better. I miss the good old days when we were bickering over brexit. How young and naive we were.
              • Options
                thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
                I am extremely lucky. I live in a house on a 1 acre lot with my own yard and a wooded lot on the back and side. In my back yard I have a building with some exercise equipment that I've been trying to use each day. Our company is allowing us to work from home and I make my own schedule. The city I live in has a few cases and we have restrictions and a curfew, but I'm allowed to go out and buy the things I need and in addition to my normal refrigerator I have a medium size freezer full of food and an "emergency" stash of bottled water and various other things (gritz, otmeal, raisins, dried beef sticks, ramen noodles, canned meat, vitamins and a small butane camp stove) I can use if I lost power.

As crazy as it sounds actually feel like I'm on some kind of "home vacation" where I can sleep as late as I want and stay up as late as I want. I do feel a little "stir crazy" every now and then, but I've got a pet and enough things to keep busy and entertain myself that it's not really a concern. I watch the news and see how bad things are some places and it feels so "unreal" compared my situation. All I can say is I feel bad for what many folks are going through and feel very lucky.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
              • Options
                Just playing some World of Warships, got a month of free premium so might as well use it.
                NMXb2ph.png
                • Options
                  rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
                  I admit... this is probably gonna be me by the time we hit summer because 2020 is turning into the Year of Hell.
                  latest?cb=20161216105913&path-prefix=en
                  db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
                  I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
                  The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)