test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dsc klingon + intel skills, weird idea? (patrols)

2»

Comments

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    A Klingon civiul war arc honestly makes some sense, I mean J'mpok's position strikes me as kiinda weak, I mean he initally came to power by gathering the hard liners who wanted to fight the feddies and the rommies under his banner and "killed" martok for for the position as chancellor but the last few years he's forged not only peace but outright alliance with both the federation and the romulan republic, Martok has returned ohh and is now waltzing about with the sword of Kahalas, speaking of, the cloned Kahlas died on J'mpok's watch these are all survivable sure, but any one of these things would have been a rallying cry a challange, let alone all of them.

You're forgetting, J'mpok's primary supoorter for his rise to power, and up until 2409-ish, was the House of Torg. When discovery of their deeds were brought to light and caused him to give the house a discommendation(disbanding). Which hits hard upon him and his supporters. I imagine he's doing whatever he can to recoup from that.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    A Klingon civiul war arc honestly makes some sense, I mean J'mpok's position strikes me as kiinda weak, I mean he initally came to power by gathering the hard liners who wanted to fight the feddies and the rommies under his banner and "killed" martok for for the position as chancellor but the last few years he's forged not only peace but outright alliance with both the federation and the romulan republic, Martok has returned ohh and is now waltzing about with the sword of Kahalas, speaking of, the cloned Kahlas died on J'mpok's watch these are all survivable sure, but any one of these things would have been a rallying cry a challange, let alone all of them.

You're forgetting, J'mpok's primary supoorter for his rise to power, and up until 2409-ish, was the House of Torg. When discovery of their deeds were brought to light and caused him to give the house a discommendation(disbanding). Which hits hard upon him and his supporters. I imagine he's doing whatever he can to recoup from that.

yeah, while cryptic might keep him in power to avoid the hassle of replacing him etc. realisticly he's a dead man walking politically. it simply depends where the challange will come from.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Martok's not going to challenge J'mpok. He knows that the Empire needs to stay united in the current climate. Also Martok never wanted to be Chancellor anyways. Probably why he was so good at it. He wasn't a politician, but he was a warrior.

If anyone would spark a civil war, it would be J'Ula. She would see J'mpok and the currrent Empire as a mockery of what she fought for in the 23rd Century. Alliances with the Federation and the Romulans? (disregarding the Republic entirely as she probably wouldn't see a difference between the Republic and Star Empire anyways.)
    What madness is this? REMAIN KLINGON! DESTORY OUR ENEMIES!

Yea... J'Ula is more likely to try to start a civil war than Martok.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    ohh I agree. my point is that J'mpok is pretty much in a bad position because both the moderates and the fundamentalists proably don't much care for him the only thing keeping him in power is more a "well he's not doing a bad JOB, and we can't afford infighting"
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Klingons are dumb. :p Or ar least they should be, what with the warrier caste only and all. Archer tried to address the matter, in Enterprise, when we learned that the Klink had other castes too (the Klingon tells him something to the effect of "You don't think we're all just warriors, do you?!"). But, afterwards, it had become warrior-only, which would make any species, if not literally dumb per se, then at least no longer capable of sustaining their own science, thus society.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    ohh I agree. my point is that J'mpok is pretty much in a bad position because both the moderates and the fundamentalists proably don't much care for him the only thing keeping him in power is more a "well he's not doing a bad JOB, and we can't afford infighting"
    Possibly though if J'mpok is smart enough he can play those 2 factions against each other politically and remain in power by being the one who is "too extreme for the moderates but too moderate for the extremists" and thus being the one neither side wants to replace as it could mean a worse option would end up on the throne. Essentially he wouldn't be the ideal option for either side but he's "good enough" for both and neither side wants to risk a worst option ending up in power.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Klingons are dumb. :p Or ar least they should be, what with the warrier caste only and all. Archer tried to address the matter, in Enterprise, when we learned that the Klink had other castes too (the Klingon tells him something to the effect of "You don't think we're all just warriors, do you?!"). But, afterwards, it had become warrior-only, which would make any species, if not literally dumb per se, then at least no longer capable of sustaining their own science, thus society.

It not the warrior caste only. Being a warrior is just heavily emphasized. Those that choose not to become warriors are looked down upon, usually referred to as a Bek, the lowest rank in Klingon society. This would cover engineers, doctors, farmers, miners etc. So they still have a place in Klingon society. They're just ruled by the warrior caste. Think feudal japan or china here, just without the whole sale slaughter of whole settlements on a whim.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

It not the warrior caste only. Being a warrior is just heavily emphasized. Those that choose not to become warriors are looked down upon, usually referred to as a Bek, the lowest rank in Klingon society. This would cover engineers, doctors, farmers, miners etc. So they still have a place in Klingon society. They're just ruled by the warrior caste. Think feudal japan or china here, just without the whole sale slaughter of whole settlements on a whim.

You obviously know more about it than I do. :) Kudos on a good explanation!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.