test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher patched itself and is now suddenly asking for two-factor authentication...(resolved)

I did not activate two-factor authentication - nor am I receiving any 5-digit code emails. I was playing just fine earlier today - now tonight, I go to log in and this happens out of the blue.

Doesn't appear to be any foul play on my account, that I can tell anyway - but as of right now, I cannot log in to the game. I can, however, log into my Arc account on the website and things look normal there. I submitted a ticket moments ago. Need to know what is going on.

Update: resolved via support chat.
Post edited by ripperjk02 on

Comments

• Options
    supersith4realsupersith4real Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am having this same issue. Asks for code which i have not received in my email. I got the code that i needed to log into this website though so I know the correct email is on file. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    ripperjk02ripperjk02 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I was told to change my email and see if the code came through - so I made a new gmail account and sure enough, it did. Why my years old email is no longer getting the codes, I have no idea - but the support tech did say a lot of folks are being affected by this.
  • Options
    lovobo2k3lovobo2k3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i do have the same problem ... the whole TRIBBLE week i were playing normaly and today suddenly i need such TRIBBLE TRIBBLE. i am totally pissed. what ididot program such TRIBBLE like that ?
  • Options
    lourne#6481 lourne Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I have the same problem. I emailed support, but have not heard back. How do you contact them via chat?

EDIT: I received an email from support acknowledging that a ticket was submitted. I checked the email on my account it was right. I changed the password just to be safe and received an email acknowledging the change. Still have not received any emails with any codes for 2FA. If I someone could tell me how to chat with support I would appreciate it. I am soooo close to receiving the event T6 ship (my first one).
    Post edited by lourne#6481 on
  • Options
    antonioccantoniocc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here. Going to try the "change email" thing.
  • Options
    miller128976miller128976 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here waiting for reply from support,i'll be peveed if the only work around is messing around with email when this all seems to be on arc and cryptic side of things
  • Options
    I tried to see if i could switch arc defender off but it looks like they have changed that now
  • Options
    yeah, i also got the mail from the support ticket .. so thats working ... however... it doesnt matter if i change my email... cause i thing my provider is the problem... or cryptic has the problem with it
  • Options
    and not a single reaction of the devs or anything at all...
  • Options
    evannderevannder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    changed email 2 different providers didn't help :(
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I had to make a gmail account to get the code , ive now changed it back to my original email now its sorted so i get current updates and so i do not have to keep logging in to gmail which i never use
  • Options
    I find it dumb in this day and age that they use somthing that logs ip address when ips are always changing especically if you have a vpn network
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    This was really annoying, have chnaged email account and now i do get the emails....what the hell did they break?
  • Options
    even more dumb, to force a 2fa cause of a launcher update, while a lot of users have roblems with it. who made the stupid decision there not testing it properly ... GOD, that makes me so god damn angry, becoz it was so easily avoidable.
  • Options
    Does changing the email address work for steam linked accounts?
  • Options
    Ok, I tried the email address change. I put in a gmail address and I got my code. Changing back to my normal email address for now. Still haven't heard from support, but I can do my dailies for the T6 now at least.
  • Options
    rumpole71rumpole71 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Changed my contact email to another account, didn't work, had to change it to a gmail account to receive the 2fA code
  • Options
    mrhardkillmrhardkill Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    if you have a junk section in your email account try there that's where i found it.
  • Options
    hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I will confirm that changing to a gmail account worked to receive email. I get that they are going for protection but having to enter a code EVERY time I log in now is going to get beyond annoying, especially since their automated email system has never been reliable.
  • Options
    manileraimanilerai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Why, in the name of whatever god you believe in, would you push this update just before the weekend?!
  • Options
    ripperjk02ripperjk02 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Yeah this is all connected to the Steam-link activation - which I thought it was an optional thing - but re-reading their news post from several days ago - it was a slow roll out to everyone and is mandatory. I hear you can still launch the game via the exe and get around some of this headache.

For support chat - I was tooling around the support page yesterday trying to figure this out - and I noticed a little 'Chat' button popped up in the lower right of my browser. I'm not sure what support page I was actually on when this happened - and I've just tried to find it again, but am not having any luck. Perhaps they don't have chat support over the weekend?
  • Options
    manileraimanilerai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ripperjk02 wrote: »
    Yeah this is all connected to the Steam-link activation - which I thought it was an optional thing - but re-reading their news post from several days ago - it was a slow roll out to everyone and is mandatory. I hear you can still launch the game via the exe and get around some of this headache.

Aah. that makes some sense now - as, after changing my email to actually get the 2FA, and logging in once, the launcher no longer asks me to log in. I, too, thought this was either an optional thing, or at least required manual action on my part. Did not expect it to automatically apply when launching through Steam.

(Still bonkers to push this change, even on a slow-roll-out, on a Friday night / Saturday morning IMHO)

• Options
    jbotkinsjbotkins Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Changing email providers did nothing for me (tried several and I get Account Guard emails just fine). Mine doesn't show any login boxes when I launch from Steam, just the "Play"/"Engage". Up top where I'd normally see my Handle (and could click to open my account", I have "Guestxxxx#xxxx", which, if I click it, takes me to My account. If I click Engage it launches to a screen asking for the OTP from email (which I never get). If I wait for it to time-out then just type my login credentials in, it enters the game fine.
    Reckon I need to put in a ticket...
  • Options
    volimarvolimar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm in the same boat. Tried changing emails and got the verification codes to do that just fine, but even after switching, the 5 digit code to log on doesn't show up. This is very disappointing as I've been doing the TFO to get the event ship and now I'll probably run out of time before I can get it.

Edit: I chatted with support and they suggested changing specifically to gmail to try it and that worked for me. Good luck.
    Post edited by volimar on
  • Options
    bitgodzbitgodz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This was driving me crazy, glad I found this thread. Changing to a gmail address worked for me.

I'd rather see them dump this style of 2FA and go to something where I could use Authy or Google Authenticator to get a token.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I to thought this bs was supposed to be optional. I cant log in either due to the 2fa. Cryptic wtf man, this is a stupid TRIBBLE problem to have. I have cryptic emails IN my email from other things so its not like you havent sent me emails in the past, litterly just days ago.

Yet I get no 2fa email. Roll this stupid TRIBBLE change back, no body asked for it no body wanted it, and you didnt even do it right.
    10 years ive been logging into this game and never once did I go know what I need more hassle.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    I put in a ticket for this exact problem on Friday and finally heard back today, on Sunday, telling me to change my email. Oddly enough, once I did the game DIDN"T EVEN ASK FOR THE 2FA and logged me in straight away.

Wut?
  • Options
    i have changed email and all the other stuff still no code and cant play it been a life time member for years now just to lose all the time and money spent on the game. support treats you like TRIBBLE and wont even help with any kind of problems what a f ing joke
  • Options
    i have changed email and all the other stuff still no code and cant play it been a life time member for years now just to lose all the time and money spent on the game. support treats you like TRIBBLE and wont even help with any kind of problems what a f ing joke

the only way for you is to create a gmail account, i had to do it as well.
  • Options
    becildmbecildm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same problem for me
    my old email who received no more mail from ARC show a data leek on
    https://monitor.firefox.com/scan

so this mail could have been banned after this leak