test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is your favorite All Time favorite Star Trek Character? (includes all ST media)

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
Geordi La Forge is my all time favorite character. I empathize with him the most out of all the characters in Star Trek and see a lot of myself in him. When I was younger I gravitated toward Data but as I grew out of a few "phases" as a like to call them, Geordi took the top spot as a young adult and now grown man. In addition to being witty and entertaining to watch, Geordi is the one guy on the crew of the Enterprise to put a situation in terms the everyday person would understand with a dose of healthy humor, which is really needed in the heavy episodes. La Forge went from a adventurous hot shot Lt to a introspective and often self deprecating Lt. Cmdr. In Season 3's "Booby Trap" (in hindsight that name is also a pun for this episode) I was like " oh TRIBBLE he's getting dumped again" (I've been there so many times its almost comical) and in the episode of "Galaxy's Child", after meeting his crush in Dr. Brahms and finding out she was married I was like "poor guy can't catch one break, where's a damn coolant leak when you need one". Unlike Harry Kim's crash and burns, I root for La Forge because the guy just deserves it for being nice when so many senior officers could be as prickly as Picard was in the early seasons of TNG or Worf who can be downright scary in TNG Season 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    That is a tough one. I like Lt. Commander Data but I also like Jean Luc Picard. But I especially liked the episode where a boy had gone through a traumatic experience and started copying Data. So Data it would be with Picard a close second.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I can't pick just one cause I don't have an overall favorite, so I'll go by position:

Captain: Picard
    First Officer: Riker
    Doctor: The Doctor
    Engineer: Trip
    Security Chief: Worf
    Non-Starfleet: Seven of Nine

Honorable mentions include Geordi, Hoshi, Reed, and Kira (didn't really care for Kira for the longest time, but for some reason when I decided to watch the last episodes of DS9 on Netflix and finally saw her in a Starfleet uniform, something about that uniform completely changed my mind about her).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Sarek.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Arrhae i-Khellian t'Llhweiir, head of household for Praetor H'daen tr'Khellian on ch'Rihan, aka Federation Intelligence deep-cover agent Terise LoBrutto, in Diane Duane's novel The Romulan Way.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Arrhae i-Khellian t'Llhweiir, head of household for Praetor H'daen tr'Khellian on ch'Rihan, aka Federation Intelligence deep-cover agent Terise LoBrutto, in Diane Duane's novel The Romulan Way.

Now that you mention it, Ael. :)
  • the76thrule#0927 the76thrule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I like Quark. He's not the kind of character who is trying to portray himself as a hero. He offers great comic relief (and some nice banter between him and Odo), an interesting character, and, while he tries to seem like he's 100% for the money (which, granted, he often is), he's got a soft, brave, and chivalrous side that sometimes shows, even when he doesn't want it to. I always look forward to DS9 episodes with Quark because I know I'll get a good laugh, some interesting (if cheesy) plots, and a deeper look into the emotional conflicts of the fast-talking bartender. And his crazy, colorful outfits are always interesting to see (especially when he's going off-station, and becomes a tourist XD)
    Does anyone else here watch Farscape? Only me? Okay then...
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I like Quark. He's not the kind of character who is trying to portray himself as a hero. He offers great comic relief (and some nice banter between him and Odo), an interesting character, and, while he tries to seem like he's 100% for the money (which, granted, he often is), he's got a soft, brave, and chivalrous side that sometimes shows, even when he doesn't want it to. I always look forward to DS9 episodes with Quark because I know I'll get a good laugh, some interesting (if cheesy) plots, and a deeper look into the emotional conflicts of the fast-talking bartender. And his crazy, colorful outfits are always interesting to see (especially when he's going off-station, and becomes a tourist XD)
    Armin Shimerman did an outstanding job as Quark, in part as a form of apology for playing one of the first Ferengi ever seen on TNG. He hated the silly, cringy things that were supposed to make the new aliens "scary" (in the eyes of Gene Roddenberry, at least, who apparently thought their being ruthless capitalists was Evil enough), and welcomed the opportunity to expand the Ferengi as a people. And as a result, Quark became one of the most fully-realized characters on DS9, and a genuine pleasure to watch.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Honestly my fave is Malcolm Reed. Quiet, professional, unasuming and just gets the job done.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    When I was a kid I really like Will Riker. But if I had to pick my favorite now it would probably be Sisko. He had a take no guff type of attitude and was willing to make compromises/sacrifices to protect what he believed in
  • revanmichaels#6727 revanmichaels Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Jack O’Neall. Wait wrong show.

Riker in TNG
    Worf in DS9
    7 in Voyager
    Tripp in Atlantis wait wrong show again, Enterprise.

Sisko from season 3 onward. I thought he was a winer the first couple of seasons until Worf showed up to straighten him out. Then Sisko manned up.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Jack O’Neall. Wait wrong show.

LOL
    O'Neill transcends franchises!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    Ael t'Rllaillieu from the Rihannsu novels, followed by Kira and T'Pol from the TV shows, and honorable mention to Lt. Piper from the "Dreadnought!" novel.
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Garak

and Quark. They made DS9 great without the need of an added "again".
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Archer

Simply because he was a pioneer, having to learn how to do things without the history of Starfleet or the Federation behind his back to support him.

Also his response to T'Pau in the first episode. Something along the lines of "You do not know how much i am restraining myself from knocking you on your Vulcan TRIBBLE" immeditately won me over ;)
    pjxgwS8.jpg