test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Polaron Weapons Neglected

bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
There's not a single polaron space weapon in the lobi store. I can't even remember the last time we had polarons in a lockbox. We've had enough phasers and disruptors over the last two years to arm the entire quadrant. Let's have some pols for once. I'm struggling to fill the loadout on my polaron ship with anything that can be considered competitive.

Please make the next lockbox with pols :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    There are plenty of polaron weapons. There are two or three different rep types and there is a mission reward polaron set, plus the Dominion polaron weapons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Deja vu - we just had this thread a few weeks ago :)

Plasma needs some love, Polaron is already taken care of.

Episode Replay gives you *2* omni sets
    - Time and Tide - Omni-Directional Chronometric Polaron Beam Array MK XII
    - Home - Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon Mk XII [CrtD] [Dmg]x2

Reputation - Lukari and Gamma plus any T6 I'm too lazy to look up

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Really?, there is a lot.. and i mean, a lot!!, of different flavors of polaron... no more, please!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    meh who knows, just give all the different energy sets advanced stats and call it a day. this way disruptor and phaser won't feel lonely.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User

I didn't ask what pols are already available, I'm not new to this game. I'm saying they should give us more pols, specifically in the next lockbox and lobi store. :|
    edited February 2020
    "Neglected" only fits for the lobi store though, not for Polaron choices in general. Antiproton needs lock box goodness more than Polaron.

Or Phaser, poor Phasers are horribly neglected ;)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, have to agree with everyone else, Polaron is anything but 'neglected.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

I didn't ask what pols are already available, I'm not new to this game. I'm saying they should give us more pols, specifically in the next lockbox and lobi store. :|

for what purpose? the pseudo-exclusivity?
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Delta Alliance Reputation & Dyson Joint Reputation are polarons too.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Polaron is in a good spot right now. It has tons of base variations like Crafted, Dominion, Piezio, Protonic, Thoron Infused, Phased Polaron and Vaadwaur Polaron. There are multiple special Polaron rep sets some of which give nice boosts to Polaron damage. There are also multiple Polaron based mission reward sets like the Jem'Hadar space set, Morphogenic Set and Chronometric Set.

All things considered, Polaron is doing pretty well right now.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    If any type can really use some love right now it's Tetryon...Plasma has been in the dumps but it has been getting some attention recently...maybe could use a bit more.

Tetryon has the least types, only 2 types from lock boxes. Isn't a single rep with Tetryon except for Nukara, and that is just basic Tetryon with a second proc. Few alternate type T6 weapons

Diffusive Tetryon is the last type added and that was in October 2017
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unlocking Tier 6 for Iconian and Undine Reps will provide Tetryon alternatives. Base Competitive likewise.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Unlocking Tier 6 for Iconian and Undine Reps will provide Tetryon alternatives. Base Competitive likewise.

Yeah I said alternatives...but that doesn't add a whole catalogue like a official rep does...Tetryon is the only damage type that doesn't have at least 6 weapon effects, You only have basic, diffusive, and destabilizing. Even that is kinda stretching it since destabilizing is just basic but lilac colored.

All of the procs are shield draining based which leaves them kinda weak, even if you went for a drain build it's still lack luster.
    Plasma still "wins" since there is no episode or reputation omni beam, just lock box and crafted which can't be used together. No dual omnis for Romulans :(
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Polaron is behind Phaser and Disruptor but that's to be expected.. Polaron isnt neglected because it lacks a lobi weapon that.. oh gee is for a single character and will run you 200 lobi to buy which is like 50 boxes.

Plasma still doesn't have a single mission set, Plasma still doesn't have a second omni it can use except LOL the lobi store, gee thanks Cryptic.

plasma has a TRIBBLE ton of lockbox weapons and look how far that's got it.. Polaron isn't neglected, Plasma is by far, than Tetryon. Polaron is doing pretty well it just isn't Phaser or Disruptor
    Plasma still "wins" since there is no episode or reputation omni beam, just lock box and crafted which can't be used together. No dual omnis for Romulans :(

Well Plasma has been getting some love recently...Tetryon not. We've gotten two types of Plasma weapons both of which have procs that buff damage instead of the typical weak plasma burn most of plasma weapons have. Not saying Plasma is in great shape now but it has been getting attention unlike Tetryon.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    polaron is in a very good place, because its keystone set (the morphogenic) is freely available - PLASMA got shat on by having its keystone set dumped in the lobi store, which puts it out of reach of a lot of players

we do not need them repeating this with any other damage type​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

There is also a lobi omni for plasma but for me that falls under the umbrella of gambleboxing as thats the only way to earn the currency making it a rather expensive per character purchase.

What they should have done was use the alt rep to provide an omni option.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    As far as I know unless you're trying to be in top 0,0001% of the DPS charts or totally OP in PvP Polaron is just fine, even the best phaser and disruptor items aren't "I WIN!" buttons and I can promise even if you gave me nothing but the best possible phaser/disruptor in the game for weapons, a more talented DPSer then me would still beat with a Polaron build and I'm not exactly hopeless with DPS either just nowhere near the top.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Plasma still doesn't have a single mission set, Plasma still doesn't have a second omni it can use except LOL the lobi store, gee thanks Cryptic.

Sure it does, I know Altamid Adaptation has a lock box omni, and I think the borg has an omni too.

jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If polaron has a problem, its that the default proc theme is only one one set. Most of them are completely different procs that have nothing to do with energy draining.
  • killjoy#9606 killjoy Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    In all honesty? The rep sets and jem'hadar sets are pretty powerful by themselves. They dont really NEED new stuff.

Antiproton could use some better sets though, consoles and abilities and such. Plasma could use a few more options aswell.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ah, I remember when Anti-proton was the bees knees that you had to use if you were going to run with the big dogs.

Yes, I remember it well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Polaron(8):
    -Normal/fleet
    -Protonic (Reputation)
    -Thoron (Reputation)
    -Piezo (Reputation)
    -Inhibiting (Reputation)
    -Phased (Lockbox)
    -Vaadwaur (Lockbox)

Plasma(12):
    -Normal/fleet/23c
    -Dewan (Ship unlock)
    -Romulan (Reputation)
    -Chronoplasma (Lockbox)
    -Corrosive (Lockbox)
    -Ferenginar (Lockbox)
    -Isolytic (Lockbox)
    -Plasmatic Biomatter (Lockbox)
    -Altamid (Lockbox)
    -Assimilated (Lockbox)

Tetryon(6):
    -Normal/fleet
    -Refracting (Reputation)
    -Destabilizing (Lockbox)
    -Phased (Lockbox)
    -Diffusive (Lockbox)

Anti-Proton(8):
    -Normal/fleet
    -Radiant (Reputation)
    -Temporal Defense Chroniton (Reputation)
    -Voth (Lockbox)
    -Fluidic (Lockbox)
    -Herald (Lockbox)
    -Delphic (Lockbox)

These lists exclude mission/set/partial types you can't make a full matching setup with on every energy weapon build. (No T6 variants, "Dominion" Polaron, etc.)
    blitzy4 wrote: »

Sure it does, I know Altamid Adaptation has a lock box omni, and I think the borg has an omni too.

you cannot equip those with the crafted omni, it has to be a lobi or mission omni.. surprising the amount of people that don't know this
    edited February 2020
    polaron is in a very good place, because its keystone set (the morphogenic) is freely available - PLASMA got shat on by having its keystone set dumped in the lobi store, which puts it out of reach of a lot of players

we do not need them repeating this with any other damage type​​

Yeah I was pretty pissed off when I saw this happen, was like Cryptic was just laughing hysterically while putting a price tag of like $150 per character on a plasma set. "but you wanted a plasma set with an omni?!!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Even if lobi stuff was account wide I wouldn't buy this set.. it should of been in the lukari arc instead of that crappy plasma ground set, and I swear in the first Picard arc we see there BETTER be a friggin mission plasma set that doesn't blow chunks.

But I bet it's A - Going to suck, or B - be pHaSeR
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    szerontzur wrote: »

Tetryon(6):
    -Normal/fleet
    -Refracting (Reputation)
    -Destabilizing (Lockbox)
    -Phased (Lockbox)
    -Diffusive (Lockbox)

You forgot Piercing and Resonating which are mission rewards. Piercing I can't remember whee to get right off. Resonating is the episode A New Link.

There are also some Polaron ship weapons you can get as mission rewards. Think they're the Dominion ones from teh cardassian episode Boldy They Rode.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    trennan wrote: »
    szerontzur wrote: »

Tetryon(6):
    -Normal/fleet
    -Refracting (Reputation)
    -Destabilizing (Lockbox)
    -Phased (Lockbox)
    -Diffusive (Lockbox)

You forgot Piercing and Resonating which are mission rewards. Piercing I can't remember whee to get right off. Resonating is the episode A New Link.

There are also some Polaron ship weapons you can get as mission rewards. Think they're the Dominion ones from teh cardassian episode Boldy They Rode.

Yes, i was going to post the same, Plasma is quite ok, but do need a mission Omni, that's the only thing missing. With the new borg plasmas finally are getting even. Some aditional Tetryon can come handy
    blitzy4 wrote: »

Yes, but crafted cannot be mixed with those 2... so, the lobi one and the others
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.