test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal Machinations

shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
With there now being three playable Fek'Ihri ships - the Kar'Fi battle carrier, S'torr warship, and Fe'rang dreadnought carrier - with a fourth being likely to come with the next winter event, it is reasonable to wonder why their consoles do not comprise a set (as is the case for the Breen, Tholian, and Vorgon ships). Possible factors:
  • the Kar'Fi is currently only available to the KDF, meaning that Starfleet operators would never be able to get the phase shift generator (PSG);
  • said console can only be used on the Kar'Fi; and
  • as a T5 console, the PSG does not have any passive bonuses

To resolve this, I propose the following:
  • introduce an R&D project for KDF operators which takes an existing PSG and dilithium and returns an upgraded PSG;
  • modify the PSG equip restrictions to match those of the other Fek'Ihri consoles; and
  • add the upgraded PSG to the winter event store, following the precedent of the cryoplasma-infused cores

Note that this does not preclude the future existence of a T6 incarnation of the Kar'Fi, which would come with the upgraded PSG.

With respect to the theoretical set bonuses, I suspect the 4-piece bonus would include '50% recharge time reduction to Fek'Ihri console abilities' (similar to the Hypercooled Technology Set).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    or we just wait for them to come out with the T6 kar'fi which will obviously have an enhanced PSG with no need to bother with any crapting nonsense​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    or we just wait for them to come out with the T6 kar'fi which will obviously have an enhanced PSG with no need to bother with any crapting nonsense​​

This is much more likely to happen than creating a new crafting method for one console.

I'm hoping we get the T6 next Winter, but who knows?

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator

The issue with that is that it takes a KDF exclusive ship and turns it into a cross faction ship, which would anger the KDF side with more calls of Cryptic taking content away from KDF and giving it to [insert insult of choice to refer to Fed Players].
    In the case of the Kar'fi... its probably best to leave that one KDF and give them a C-Store T6 while making a seperate ship for the Winter Event that can be in the same family but not a direct converson of the Kar'fi to cross faction status.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

The issue with that is that it takes a KDF exclusive ship and turns it into a cross faction ship, which would anger the KDF side with more calls of Cryptic taking content away from KDF and giving it to [insert insult of choice to refer to Fed Players].
    In the case of the Kar'fi... its probably best to leave that one KDF and give them a C-Store T6 while making a seperate ship for the Winter Event that can be in the same family but not a direct converson of the Kar'fi to cross faction status.

All true, but I just want my T6 Fek'Ihri SCIENCE! carrier, I don't care how I get it. :disappointed::confounded::cry:
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Even if it was belched out of the bowels of Hades?. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    well, that's where it came from to begin with...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I do find it odd for Klingons to be flying Fek'lhi carriers chucking out the damned souls of cowards and traitors.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The issue with that is that it takes a KDF exclusive ship and turns it into a cross faction ship...
    Which I do not propose as a solution (the theoretical T6 Kar'Fi would still be a KDF-specific ship) - for a fourth Fek'Ihri ship there are, aside from an all-new design, the Fer'Jai and K'Norr to consider. Besides, it can be argued that the closest analogue to the Kar'Fi available to Starfleet operators would be the Atrox-class.
This discussion has been closed.