test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Substituted Assimilated Ships

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
I used the Nanite Laced Torpedo to assimilate a Borg Tactical Cube in the Hive Onslaught TFO on Advanced and received an assimilated Breen Cruiser instead LOL?!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It might be the placeholder for ships that don't have a specific assimilated look. After all, how do you assimilate a ship that has already been assimilated?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    yes, all borg ships - and transwarp gates, which can be assimilated too - result in chel gretts​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    d515muw-b590d57a-dd85-4fe0-bd0a-917f38a73a7d.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi9iZmM4ZGUwYS0yNzZiLTRmYjMtOTI1My0yYzc0OWJhM2UzMDgvZDUxNW11dy1iNTkwZDU3YS1kZDg1LTRmZTAtYmQwYS05MTdmMzhhNzNhN2QuZ2lmIn1dXX0.uuJFB3Y1PRbvKeojHJRzYzZeTVHILHUXjSmSPYIGev0
    Seriously? They turn into Chel Gretts? OMG!
    Although now that I think about it... I did a Crystalline recently and saw an Assimilated Chel Grett at the end...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    personally, i find the fact a TRANSWARP GATE can be assimilated - and turn into a starship to boot - a lot funnier than what ship assimilated ones with no specific model default to​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    A lot of things turn into chel gretts, including npc versions of playable ships that would have a proper "assimilated" model. On the other side we do get crazy stuff like assimilated undine planet killers, voth citadel ships, etc.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    It might be the placeholder for ships that don't have a specific assimilated look. After all, how do you assimilate a ship that has already been assimilated?

what do u mean by cant have?

it happens with ships we can also play (from lockboxes for example) and it would be super ez to just give em the looks as if the borg assimilated set was on......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I successfully assimilated the Voth Dreadnought in the Borg Disconnected TFO LOL. I thought it would turn into another Chel Gret but it grew borg implants and joined the fight on my side.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    The crystalline entity also becomes a breen ship.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    I successfully assimilated the Voth Dreadnought in the Borg Disconnected TFO LOL. I thought it would turn into another Chel Gret but it grew borg implants and joined the fight on my side.

I was just as surprised that the Voth core in the final room of the Breach could be assimilated.

To be fair, I find it a bit crazy. They should restrict the ability, up to cruiser level. With all the hangar pets, tactical flyers, half a dozen beacons and traits that can be used to summon allies, we don't need huge dreadnoughts further filling up the map.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

I was just as surprised that the Voth core in the final room of the Breach could be assimilated.

To be fair, I find it a bit crazy. They should restrict the ability, up to cruiser level. With all the hangar pets, tactical flyers, half a dozen beacons and traits that can be used to summon allies, we don't need huge dreadnoughts further filling up the map.

Yah, It followed me rather closely disrupting my piloting.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

what do u mean by cant have?

it happens with ships we can also play (from lockboxes for example) and it would be super ez to just give em the looks as if the borg assimilated set was on......

He said 'don't have' not 'can't have'.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.