test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game/character will crash if attempting to run a Borg Mission.

nathankomarannathankomaran Member Posts: 56 Arc User
ATTENTION!!

This is a fatal crash, which happened while I was re-playing the mission, Where Angels Fear to Tread. As I was at 40% of the loading screen, the game crashed and threw an error as noted above. Due to the fast response of a previous ticket I filed, this error no longer occurs. However, I would like to demand compensation for what could have been lost progress on my main character and/or account. I'd also like to use this ticket as a 'warning beacon' for other players to avoid this game-breaking glitch.

I would not want to see me or my fellow players and/or fleet-mates end up getting stuck in the game and unable to play the game, complete endeavors, and so on, due to being unable to use their characters. Will you provide compensation to us as a result of this? It's 2020, and my birthday is coming up on the 29th of this month. This wouldn't have happened if you had paid closer attention when starting your new event. (-_-)

I have attached a screenshot(s) of the issue.

https://sta.sh/02c7yqfxxuot ... https://sta.sh/02c7yqfxxuot
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Confirming this.

Map transition crashes at 40% at STF ground map "Vega Underground Facility".
    Character is stuck on crashing map.

Error message:
    ERROR: Unrecognized command "(null)" (did you mean "-(null)"?)
    Line: utils\cmdparse.c(2802)

File force verify did not help.
  • Options
    tfcivtfciv Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Just happened to me as well. Tried to load the mission Where Angels Fear to Tread and crash to desktop upon attempting to load the map, every time.

Gotta wait for the map instance to close before I can log back in.
  • Options
    nolie#4807 nolie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been having a problem with the Khitomer in Stasis TFO all evening. Every time I have accepted and the loading page comes on, it crashes and completely kicks me out of STO with a crash error number ffba8. When I manage to log in again, I have been locked out of ALL my TFO's for 30 minutes (very aggravating!). I have managed to play other TFO's this evening without a problem. It just seems to be Khitomer in Stasis (which happens to be a favourite of mine).
  • Options
    mctron#1738 mctron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @nathankomaran said:
    > This is a fatal crash, which happened while I was re-playing the mission, Where Angels Fear to Tread. As I was at 40% of the loading screen, the game crashed and threw an error as noted above. Due to the fast response of a previous ticket I filed, this error no longer occurs.

I am encountering the same issue on the same mission. What was the action taken in your previous ticket to resolve this error?
  • Options
    hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'm thinking someone forgot to go over the old Borg missions after the revamped TFO's launched as I ran all Borg content perfectly fine prior to update, now all old Borg missions and TFO's result in a CTD.
  • Options
    sironinsironin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having this happen during the Borg ground section of Butterfly Effect (Murphy's Law). I've completed this mission previously so they did something that broke old Borg ground content.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Just hit me too on Where Angels Fear to Tread, ground portion. Starting out in space worked just fine. Although as a side note I wish Cryptic would move that one Asteroid I keep sticking my nose into on warp in.

My KDF is now unplayable until its resolved as its not giving me the option to load into a safe map. Crashed 3 times trying to load my KDF.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I can truthfully tell you that the issue with borg missions only just started. I ran butterfly last week 4 times to get the tetryon equipment for one of my toons. This was only a week ago today when i ran them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Most likely came with the remaster of the Borg STFs, which was yesterday.

Edit: KDF is playable again. Just had to wait out the invisible instance timer. But mission still unplayable.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    finn#4225 finn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just had the same: Where Angels Fear to Tread: Weapons of Misdirection- Go to I.R.W. Areinnye (Ground). Fails at 40:98. Have gone through support for two days and tried all of their recommendations, their final recommendation was to post in the Bugs forum. Only have one (Fed) account, it is currently stuck here and unplayable from a story/ episode progression POV. Trying PVE and System Patrols, as well as miscellaneous missions to keep levelling in the meantime.
  • Options
    seandragon553#0683 seandragon553 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    New forum member here. I have encountered this problem as well on a Romulan Republic character during the mission "Sleepers" where you transport to a Derelict Borg Cube. Loading screen comes up and the game crashes to desktop.

I submitted a Trouble Ticket and the gamemaster moved me out to Sector Space, but if I tried the mission again, same thing. Multiple incident ID's, I assume due to where I was transporting from when the crash occurred. Also, IIRC I believe it was around the 40% loaded point when it crashed my game.
  • Options
    ducimax#4289 ducimax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here as @"seandragon553#0683" . On the mission "Sleepers", the game crashes on loading the derelict borg cube ground instance. For me, I made it out to sector space just fine on my own, but I still stuck with the mission progress. The crash occurred at 40.75% of the loading.
  • Options
    papy1986papy1986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I just got this trying to replay the mission Mind Games. Worked fine before the borg patch and now it crashes at 40% loaded.
    FYI if you log out for 15 mins the affected toon will get kicked back to sector space.
  • Options
    mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Same here. I've signed for ISA, game crashed on map transfer. Restarted game and try login that character back, game crashed again(tried that 3 times) It says character is in Vega Underground facility, not on ISA.
    I have loged another character, but im getting Join channel Team, Left channel Team spam in chat and cant join queue.
  • Options
    cerathascerathas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue here when attempting to finish Butterfly Effect on my Orion character.

Took a look through the dump files and it appears that at least in my case there is a missing or corrupt file causing the problem.

"Error Message: Model Brg_Ship_Props_Pillarlamp_01 could not be found in map Ico_Romulus_Borg_Ground"
  • Options
    cerathascerathas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    To expand a little... I believe the previous posts suggesting that something was either renamed or left out following the recent update to Borg missions is the source of this problem.
  • Options
    ducimax#4289 ducimax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It seems they've solved it. I can enter and play normally.
  • Options
    sironinsironin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yup working again for me too as of the 1/9 maintenance.
  • Options
    mranderson29mranderson29 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I had big crashing issues totally random with odd errors (99% of time when loading or just starting a mission) turns out it was crashing my graphics driver. When i turned off lighting 2.0 it resolved all my crashes may not be a solution for you but worth a try.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Rather than turning off lighting 2.0, try turning the bloom quality down. I found long ago when that all went in my game went BOOM, when i brought it up without it in safe mode it worked and i ruled out everything until i figured out what was causing my issue.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Yep, was able to play Into the Hive last night. It was fun! Though there was a problem waiting for a non-existent timer to go off and for the D'Vak pop-up for the next section to show up. That needs to be fixed otherwise there were no bugs though I do not like being shot at during a cutscene. So they fixed it on Thursday as mentioned on Reddit.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.