The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Kurland here?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Kurland here?

While it would be nice to hear from Kurland again as he is an important character now...
    I don't think we'd be that excited to hear from Kurland. Maybe one of the Captains though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    My money is on Patrick Stewart.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    My money is on Patrick Stewart.

It would be appropriate especially with the Picard show on the Horizon.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    It is either Patrick Stewart, or, since they showed off the Red Angel suit at Destination Burmingham, its Burnham.

Its possible we got both, and maybe people who played characters from other points in Trek history as well. So maybe we got another Voyager actor, another DS9 actor, maybe an Enterprise actor...
    Fact of the matter is we really don't know what to expect when the Anniversary event hits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited January 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It is either Patrick Stewart, or, since they showed off the Red Angel suit at Destination Burmingham, its Burnham.

Its possible we got both, and maybe people who played characters from other points in Trek history as well. So maybe we got another Voyager actor, another DS9 actor, maybe an Enterprise actor...
    Fact of the matter is we really don't know what to expect when the Anniversary event hits.

It would be nice, especially since it would be the very first time an actual iconic captain participates in the game (not counting the disco stand ins).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Nope, it is "The Most Interesting Man In The World", he was in Trek too you know...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0326091/​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    questerius wrote: »
    It would be nice, especially since it would be the very first time an actual iconic captain participates in the game (not counting the disco stand ins).

While Lorca still technically counts as a Captain, the nature of Discovery does kinda limit the prestige... unless you're Anson Mount playing Pike.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Nope, it is "The Most Interesting Man In The World", he was in Trek too you know...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0326091/​​

Yes... the one Redshirt besides Scotty that Death feared.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0326091/

Yes... the one Redshirt besides Scotty that Death feared.

You got that right. Death would just get in the way of his wonderful lifestyle anyway.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Meh. Geko is terrible when it comes to hyping something up. Geko should take lessons from someone like TAKA hyping up Zack Saber Jr. in 2018, or even going as far back as 2008 to watch some of the videos that Paul Barnett did for Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

I remember when Geko was trying to hype up or be coy with how 2019/2020 was going to change the game, or the "Klingon Killer" Excelsior ship. Lots of meme-worthy stuff from him.

I know who it definitely isn't, that's in the recording booth putting up w/ him. Not Rene Auberjonois. Not Aron Eisenberg.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    My money is on Brent Spiner joining the game after all these years.....
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    well it won't be Shatner or Brooks... Spiner or Stewart.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It might actually be someone in the Picard show other than Stewart... like the guy who plays Hugh.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    It might actually be someone in the Picard show other than Stewart... like the guy who plays Hugh.

It's possible he's in the game already so we know he's up for it.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    why do I have the feeling it is TNG related - either Picard or Seven of Nine - My money is on Seven.

Be nice if it is Brent Spiner xD
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    why do I have the feeling it is TNG related - either Picard or Seven of Nine - My money is on Seven.

Be nice if it is Brent Spiner xD

We already have Seven of Nine in the game in the Delta Quadrant arc. So not sure it would be her. Would be cool if it was Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, or John De Lancie, so we can have a revamped Q mission called State of Q or whatever it was called.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I doubt it will be Q due to his connection with Star Trek Timelines. I would be very surprised to see Spiner. My guess is Picard. And only doing it to promote his show - ie. he's doing it, by his definition of 'free.'
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I doubt it will be Q due to his connection with Star Trek Timelines. I would be very surprised to see Spiner. My guess is Picard. And only doing it to promote his show - ie. he's doing it, by his definition of 'free.'

Well Spiner is also in the show... could be part of contract to promote show /shrug Hell Admiral Riker could show up in STO.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    I still doubt they could afford Patrick Stewart - my money is on Anson Mount. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    Oi! Geko! Stop teasin' us please!
    Honestly I think the slow reveal of actors from ViL was a bit more hype worthy.

Still sad we didn't get Ezri Dax. :'(
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    With the addition of Spock's Yellyfish that has not really been featured yet, perhaps it's Ethan Peck?

All the other promo ships are seen in content, some of them are even heavily featured such as the Krenim, Elachi and Tzenkethi dreadnoughts.

The Yellyfish is an exception. If the game is going to tie into the Picard series, it makes sense that the Hobus event and thus Spock's ship will be added in a FE.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Denise Crosby wouldn't be that significant for the purposes of Geko's tweet, as she's already done a fair bit of voicing for Sela (and Yar, for the Azure Nebula missions where you go sidetime to the Tholian rule of Beta Quadrant and have to correct the timeline).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    tigeraries wrote: »

Well Spiner is also in the show... could be part of contract to promote show /shrug Hell Admiral Riker could show up in STO.

In the final episode with Sela it was suggested that it was Data whom visited her in prison so Spiner is not completely out of the question. If i recall STO lore correctly the Enterprise E with captain Data (err B4, or was it Data...) had gone missing so a 10th anniversary with the return of said ship and captain would be mighty interesting.

It is also possible that somewhere in secret Lore was reassembled.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Or Jeri Ryan?
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ichaerus1 said:
    > Meh. Geko is terrible when it comes to hyping something up. Geko should take lessons from someone like TAKA hyping up Zack Saber Jr. in 2018, or even going as far back as 2008 to watch some of the videos that Paul Barnett did for Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.
    >
    > I remember when Geko was trying to hype up or be coy with how 2019/2020 was going to change the game, or the "Klingon Killer" Excelsior ship. Lots of meme-worthy stuff from him.
    >
    > I know who it definitely isn't, that's in the recording booth putting up w/ him. Not Rene Auberjonois. Not Aron Eisenberg.

What on Earth is Zack Saber? Never heard of it anywhere. For that matter WTF is TAKA?

Zack Sabre Jr. is a submission style British wrestler. TAKA, aka Taka Michinoku, is a Japanese wrestler and former MMA fighter. Both are part of the group Suzuki-Gun, which is led by Minoru Suzuki.
This discussion has been closed.