What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch 11/21 - Crashes at Cryptic loading screen

2»

Comments

• Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    THANK YOU to all who are trying to help - your time and effort is much appreciated!
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Yeah I think I’m pretty much going to give up on it now. Sadly.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    logang19 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I’m pretty much going to give up on it now. Sadly.
    I don't blame you one bit. It's horrendous customer service on the part of the devs and their company...

:/
  • Options
    > @kain9prime said:
    > (Quote)
    > I don't blame you one bit. It's horrendous customer service on the part of the devs and their company...
    >
    > :/

Yeah it’s sad in the past they had been amazing when I needed help. Now two weeks and no response at all but they have the gall to send me a survey on how they are doing. Sad cause I love this game.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    Well, I'm back in the game - got a completely new computer, and so far, STO is running normal (the usual rubberbanding and random disconnects). What a pain - I'll miss the event ship by 1 day. These people did a great job at making just about everyone mad and disappointed with their shenanigans for the past 2 months. You guys at cryptic really need to care more about player feedback. We are fine to invest in your product, but the price of that is to take time to interact with us regarding what we like/dislike, and dealing with the major problems in STO which need to be solved.

If you want players to leave or build up animosity, then keep doing what you've been doing recently. Again, we want to keep investing in your product, but as with anything else people buy, if they feel the product isn't good anymore, they will find a replacement.

• Options
    phoric#1415 phoric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Sadly I can neither afford a new computer or the time taken to check 'does it work yet? does it work yet?'...it does not, still... I'm off, farewell. Ah just one more Incident ID for good measure: f2c50 ;) Bye
  • Options
    Glad you got back in man. Yeah I’m pretty much done with them. Which is sad. After thousands spent over the years and two fleets I run I’m not able to play now. I guess all good things come to an end? I’m so frustrated and mad at support though. Still haven’t heard a peep since the start of December. Oh well I guess. Needless to say they aren’t going to be getting any good reviews from me. Enjoy the game man. Glad you got back into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Glad you got back in man. Yeah I’m pretty much done with them. Which is sad. After thousands spent over the years and two fleets I run I’m not able to play now. I guess all good things come to an end? I’m so frustrated and mad at support though. Still haven’t heard a peep since the start of December. Oh well I guess. Needless to say they aren’t going to be getting any good reviews from me. Enjoy the game man. Glad you got back into it.
    Thanks, friend. Hope you can find a way back in.

Side note to their November update that effed some of us over: Since they decided to cut back the days if the Winter Event, I'm going to miss the ship by 2 days, i.e. will have to pay out if I want the ship. And it's not in Zen like with the Kobayashi Maru, it's with Lobi. Such a scam! So not only are they cutting back on fun again, they're taking advantage of people who either had trouble logging in, or simply could not make extra time due to work, family, etc. Would it really hurt to have the event last an extra week?

I'm "fortunate" in that I was able to get back in when I did - I'll only have to use a little bit of Lobi. It's the other people who didn't and are asking for solutions in Zone chat. Just terrible this direction the devs and suits are choosing...

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    kain9prime wrote: »
    Thanks, friend. Hope you can find a way back in.

Side note to their November update that effed some of us over: Since they decided to cut back the days if the Winter Event, I'm going to miss the ship by 2 days, i.e. will have to pay out if I want the ship. And it's not in Zen like with the Kobayashi Maru, it's with Lobi. Such a scam! So not only are they cutting back on fun again, they're taking advantage of people who either had trouble logging in, or simply could not make extra time due to work, family, etc. Would it really hurt to have the event last an extra week?

I'm "fortunate" in that I was able to get back in when I did - I'll only have to use a little bit of Lobi. It's the other people who didn't and are asking for solutions in Zone chat. Just terrible this direction the devs and suits are choosing...

They removed a week from the event time, but they also removed 5 days from the days required. So people did not really lose time.

We had 5 days less of a grind and had another 3 ways to meet the daily requirement.

Overall this was a change for the better even if your PC problems (caused by Cryptic) messed it up for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    They removed a week from the event time, but they also removed 5 days from the days required. So people did not really lose time.

We had 5 days less of a grind and had another 3 ways to meet the daily requirement.

Overall this was a change for the better even if your PC problems (caused by Cryptic) messed it up for you.
    Except I'm one of those people who DID lose time. I've encountered a few more in game chat also. Would one more week really have killed them? It didn't for the past few years. A number of people still doing missions were wanting more time as well. Again, keeping it until the 2nd week would kill them how?

Clever ploy using Lobi as the buyout currency though. That "want some candy?" move to get people to buy lockboxes for for it is pretty slick.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    FYI you can buy out the event with zen or dil or credits. Buy lock boxes or R&D promo packs with credits, or with dil to zen, or with zen.
  • Options
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > FYI you can buy out the event with zen or dil or credits. Buy lock boxes or R&D promo packs with credits, or with dil to zen, or with zen.

Except you see that’s not the correct fix here. Some people missed pretty much the whole event so those few days don’t matter. And when cryptic emails you saying it’s their fault you can’t get into the game and they don’t effing care you should not have to buy out to get something they are saying is their fault. Their entire service through these issues has shown they don’t really care two cents about any of the players at all. Which for me is more upsetting then any event thing they TRIBBLE those people over ok.