New Star Trek Picard Trailer

szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Ten Forward
For our American friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySrgrKJguE

For Europe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKBeOKvblI

P-I-C-A-R-D :D

Wow this one looks awesome. So much nostalgia. I really can't wait for this new series.
Post edited by szim on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    *jaw drop*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    "This video is not available."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Here is the Youtube link from CBS All Access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySrgrKJguE
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    "This video is not available."

Sorry. These darn regional restrictions. I've linked videos from CBS All Access and Prime Video. One of the two should work now.
    I am loving the fact that Picard named his dog "Number One". :lol:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    he did that two months ago when the first trailer came out - and the interview with sir patrick stewart came out shortly after where the name was revealed

also, dog damn that t'liss model looks awesome! like to know what those winged things seen attacking various things across several scenes are, though​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    @2:23

So... it's canon that Vulcans play a game similar to triominoes? fascinating! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

So that is what Picard really thought about Riker.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    This trailer looks a bit better. I kinda like the beginning where Data draws a picture and asks Picard to finish it while both wear TNG-uniforms. I mean it's a dream-sequence and clear fan-service, but in a rather tasteful way this time around.

However, I hope the show is not going to be a flat-out fan-service-rollercoaster. While some fan-service is nice, it can go overboard and get old really fast.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Loved it. Especially seeing the galaxy and rom bird of prey need more was blown away
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Is Seven holding Icheb or Hugh ?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As said in the thread pertaining to the Discovery (S3) trailer, am more looking forward to Discovery S3 as its going in a direction Trek hasn't taken before - and like it or not, 'Picard' isn't.

Discovery might finally find it's own voice, but the first two seasons were an abortion of a series. Captain Pike being present was the only aspect of that show that proved interesting to me. Picard is getting my attention in a much more pleasant way and I look forward to seeing it. By the way if Discovery jumping into a far future era is in your opinion a "direction Trek hasn't gone before?" Then surely, the Next Generation characters post their Starfleet careers twenty years later fits the very same bill; right?

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that seeing Seven of Nine running around with massive rifles didn't impress me.

We can explain this. You see, after Delta Rising she joined a KDF-fleet and purchased the Elite Fleet Dual Disruptor Rifles and also purchased the 'superior rifle-training'-trait at her K-13-holding, then she had extensive training at the local gun-firing range and after maxing all Reputation-Systems she got bored and asked the captain of the Pastak to send her a few years back. Then she became a civilian again. But she's still awsome with dual rifles.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    They made a big mistake.

Picard would not have to spell out his name. ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

And then daring to show up in front of Will a bit later.

Calling Worf a coward wasn't good enough as a 'how do I needlessly offend my own officers'-moment I guess. :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    They should remove the cigar though (did I see that correctly?).

Smoking wasn't cool anymore in the 21st century. We'll have almost entered the 25th in these series.

azrael605 wrote: »
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > They should remove the cigar though (did I see that correctly?).
    >
    > Smoking wasn't cool anymore in the 21st century. We'll have almost entered the 25th in these series.

What cigar?

> (Quote)
    >
    > And then daring to show up in front of Will a bit later.
    >
    > Calling Worf a coward wasn't good enough as a 'how do I needlessly offend my own officers'-moment I guess. :p

Why would naming his dog after Will offend him? That makes no sense.

> They made a big mistake.
    >
    > Picard would not have to spell out his name. ;)

He has been retired for 15 years.

Yes but he's still Picard. People in Starfleet would still remember how to spell out Kirk after 100 years, I'm sure.

I though I saw someone pull a cigar out of his mouth near 1:33

azrael605 wrote: »
    > They should remove the cigar though (did I see that correctly?).
    >
    > Smoking wasn't cool anymore in the 21st century. We'll have almost entered the 25th in these series.

What cigar?

> (Quote)
    >
    > And then daring to show up in front of Will a bit later.
    >
    > Calling Worf a coward wasn't good enough as a 'how do I needlessly offend my own officers'-moment I guess. :p

Why would naming his dog after Will offend him? That makes no sense.

> They made a big mistake.
    >
    > Picard would not have to spell out his name. ;)

He has been retired for 15 years.

Yes but he's still Picard. People in Starfleet would still remember how to spell out Kirk after 100 years, I'm sure.
    Well, Kirk's a lot easier to spell than Picard. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png