test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I've been playing other games and visiting websites for the last few hours so I'm pretty sure my network is fine.

Seems like the log on servers are taking a break?

Comments

• rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    baldotest wrote: »
    So I've been playing other games and visiting websites for the last few hours so I'm pretty sure my network is fine.

Seems like the log on servers are taking a break?

Same issue here when I restarted the Arc launcher.
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Yup, same problem., Came home from Doctor. Then went on forums a bit but when I tried to log in I keep getting Time out issue. It seems to me that Arc itself isn't launching.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    same... even tried using facebook to log in
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Try launching through STO direct launcher ... I had the same issues with Arc launcher, no problems going through STO directly
    CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
  • kedranikedrani Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    What is direct launcher?
    they don't have link anymore to the old direct launcher
    just popped up that "ARC is having some issues and being investigated"
  • carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The launcher should be in your STO file folder .... mine was under ... \Star Trek Online_en ... look for Star Trek Online Application ... this is the .exe file or direct launcher
    CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
  • rockhoundxozrockhoundxoz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Or if you have Steam as a secondary in situations like this, you can launch it that way. I just like using Arc better cause its already logged in and I can just launch, except for today when it stopped working.
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I got in fine launching the game direct while bypassing Arc. However, they seemed to have gotten it fixed because my login earlier this morning I launched things normally with no problems. :)
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Logging in through the Steam launcher doesn't work for me, same timeout error everyone else is getting. I figured out how to start the game directly (with Steam running but skipping the launcher and using the x64 GameClient.exe) but it also gave me the account server timeout error message.

To start directly using GameClient.exe I had to make a Windows Shortcut to it and set it's "Start In" folder to "C:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\" so it could find the data files.

Murphy's Law strikes again. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

Edit: Right after I made this post, I decided to try one more time to login through the Steam launcher, and amazingly it worked. So now I'm in. If others are still having trouble, maybe it means something (background process?) on the account server computer is limiting it's ability to respond to login requests, so only a certain number get through, the rest getting delayed too long for the client/launcher's timout value. Just a somewhat educated guess.
  • bugboy#5120 bugboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    THANK - YOU - CARVIN72. You, sir, are a life saver. Well, a sanity saver anyway. =D Now to get a whopping half hour of gaming in before I have to go to bed. Srsly, thx man.
  • bugboy#5120 bugboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    THANK - YOU - CARVIN72. You, sir, are a life saver. Well, a sanity saver anyway. =D Now to get a whopping half hour of gaming in before I have to go to bed. Srsly, thx man.