Options

Things STO needs next

13»

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    -Dedicated EV suit slot
    -All fleet holdings being able to transport you to all other fleet holdings without needing to go through the starbase
    -Playable Borg Cooperative faction
    -Doing something with Deep Space Encounters so people have some reason to play them
    -Some sort of TNG based expansion
    -Revamping the Borg TFOs and Defera to not be horrible
    -Revamping the DOFF system in some capacity so its not so clunky
    -Doing something with those like 102 Federation only patrols that you can only play once so they aren't so awful
    -Ending the Children of Khan plot that was technically started but never developed
    -Finally ending Mirror Leeta once and for all

STO itself never did a "Children of Khan", that was a foundry mission series from what I hear (though I may be wrong, I have not done every single official mission yet). Before that, the only "Children of Khan" was a novel which neither CBS nor STO would be likely to touch because of copyright issues.

On the other hand, Number One's people, who were supposed to be human augments who controlled their heightened aggression the same way the Vulcans do could be interesting. In fact, that logic-based moral code in place of an emotional one was one of the things transferred from Number One to Spock when NBC insisted the show "get rid of the broad" (as the network rep put it).

For that matter, so would something featuring illegal augments like Bashir, though since they are isolated and do not have a culture (or at least subculture) of their own that might be difficult to do.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yep he's a singh, IIRC from the klingon/gorn arc.
    now IMHO we need QoL stuff as much as content. 1. if you can beam to it you should have access to a vendor, to sell trash, a ctailor, and bank mail and exchange.
    2. you should be able to change your spcs on the fly. how many times have you beamed down without changing from your pilot spec to commando?
    3. let's not have all your crafting stuff list first at the vendors, mkay?
    4. pet tab. people have been asking for one since the second pet became available. while we are at it, why not let us summon 2 or 3 of them at once? maybe build in some mechanics where if you summon the parrot and a cat the cat will try to catch it.
    5. unlock all your outfits so the boffs can wear them.
    6. revamp the outfits so you can use any color. add a check box to color match upper and lower, and change the textures of one or both to match each other.
    7. increased color options for the ships. a blood red BoP would totally kick behind
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    92098010584643df20e049cc38d9eed7.jpg
    Lab coat.
    And TNG dress uniforms.

I've not seen a lab coat, or a TNG Dress Uniform, but there is an Admirals uniform from Season's 1 & 2. You'll need to do a little scrolling to find it.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    STO itself never did a "Children of Khan", that was a foundry mission series from what I hear (though I may be wrong, I have not done every single official mission yet). Before that, the only "Children of Khan" was a novel which neither CBS nor STO would be likely to touch because of copyright issues.
    The Children of Khan was going to be the next featured series after the 2800 featured series, before Cryptic stopped doing featured series mission releases.

Cryptic did set up the story for the Children of Khan arc by having Princep Khan, the leader of the Children of Khan, escape Facility 4028 during the prion riot in that mission.

there was even maps made for that storyline (one was accidently shown in the Ten Forward stream), but for what ever reason they desided to not persue that storyline (at least not yet), though I doubt them stopping FE series was the sole reason.
This discussion has been closed.