test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reveal Mine Trap – Mines Vanishing

redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
I'm having a problem with Reveal Mine Trap. It seems like a neat power, but if the enemy I targeted to spawn the mines dies during the 4 second arming delay the mines vanish so nothing else can be harmed by them. This dramatically limits the usefulness of this module.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Shouldn't this be in the bug report forum?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,478 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk Please move this to the Bug Report forum. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    Before it is moved, which type of mines are you using?
    It'll be useful if this happens with a specific type of mines or with mines in general.

Be sure to add info on you affiliation, level and career (e.g. Level 64 Federation engineer) in case that plays a role.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it's a kit module...it doesn't use mines, it spawns its own​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's a bug that why it's not in the bug forum.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,478 Arc User
    Seems like a bug to me, what does it say in the description that the kit module does?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Activating this kit module reveals [pre-deployed mines] in a tight ring around the intended victim.
    Reveals 6 Stealth Mines for 60 sec that arm within 4 sec
    Armed mines detonate when enemies get within 1.5m

The frequency with which the target moves far enough away or dies before they blow up is very high. If the target dies before they blow then I lose the AOE function of the mines because they just vanish. I love the flavor text of mines that Section 31 already had in place but its difficult to get use out of them with that 4 second delay.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    it's a kit module...it doesn't use mines, it spawns its own​​

My mistake, thought you were referring to the space power.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.