test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Picard

khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
Your pain runs deep.
Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    it will take place 18 years after Star Trek: Nemesis, and it will involve Picard coping with the news of Romulus' destruction in the Prime timeline in the 2009 Star Trek film.

It takes 10 years for Picard to cope with the news of Romulus' destruction? Any series dealing with Romulus' destruction should happen shortly after its destruction not 10 years later.
  • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Can't wait for the show! And the uniform looks kinda like the STO Odyssey uniform... just my opinion ;P
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I bet it will follow the comic that leads up to "2009". I hope the Borg make an appearance because they are big part of Picard's life for better or worse and considering we never had a proper invasion Destiny Novel Style, I think its time we get one.

I really hope this one brings justice to TNG which obviously is the most widely watched, known and loved Star Trek series, sorry DS9 Niners and Voyagers (I am a proud member of that Trek Club) but Next Gen makes the rest look like groupies. Enterprise maybe getting more appreciation over the years but the 24th Century will always be Star Trek's golden years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Kinda neutral on the uniform until I see more of it.

Although he is right in it kinda looks like a cross between several uniforms, including some STO. At least based on what little we can see.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    from the clip, i get a sitcom ambiance feel. I would not mind. obviously, dscvry has a dystopian ambiance. tos, utopian ...
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Right at the end...was that the Ressikan flute from "The Inner Light"?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    What if... they make Section 31 blow up Romulus...and that's why Picard left Starfleet cause they looked the other way

I wouldn't mind seeing Starfleet taking on a more Foreign policy role preventing Wars with super powers after the Dominion war and Section 31 decided to take out the Romulans and starfleet takes more active roles with potential threats to the federation because of unpopular opinions of not taking action against the Dominion to prevent a war or at least cripple them knowing a war was coming

the Prime directive being seen as outdated when it comes to Federation security
    GwaoHAD.png
    Section 31 doesn't make sense, especially since Hobus was a rather unique event that threatened the entire quadrant. Besides... the Star Empire was already hurting after Shinzon's coup as the Senate got taken out. You don't recover that easily from having an entire branch of government basically dusted. With a civilization like the Romulan Star Empire, it takes time to recover from that, nomiate new Senators to represent regions in the Empire, probably cause some infighting...

The events of Nemesis left a power vacuum in the Empire. That is a recipe for all kinds of problems, and that is BEFORE Hobus happened. If Hobus was a normal Supernova, it probably wouldn't have threatened Romulus, let alone the rest of the Quadrant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Section 31 doesn't make sense, especially since Hobus was a rather unique event that threatened the entire quadrant. Besides... the Star Empire was already hurting after Shinzon's coup as the Senate got taken out. You don't recover that easily from having an entire branch of government basically dusted. With a civilization like the Romulan Star Empire, it takes time to recover from that, nomiate new Senators to represent regions in the Empire, probably cause some infighting...

The events of Nemesis left a power vacuum in the Empire. That is a recipe for all kinds of problems, and that is BEFORE Hobus happened. If Hobus was a normal Supernova, it probably wouldn't have threatened Romulus, let alone the rest of the Quadrant.

Not really government changed on Romulus a lot...not to mention we don't know if it was a unique event and if Section 31 could have had a plan to make sure it didn't reach Federation space, but Spock decided to take matters in his own hands

Would prefer that to the event just happening and no one but Spock decided on doing something and Nero trying to stop him for reasons...never made sense to me that the Vulcans and everyone didn't want to help or took their sweet time cause of other reasons

Would prefer Nero having reasons to be angry then just for the sake of being angry
    GwaoHAD.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

It's possible that the show will be about Picard's role in the Romulan civil war as seen in the Path to 2409.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @neoakiraii said:
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > Section 31 doesn't make sense, especially since Hobus was a rather unique event that threatened the entire quadrant. Besides... the Star Empire was already hurting after Shinzon's coup as the Senate got taken out. You don't recover that easily from having an entire branch of government basically dusted. With a civilization like the Romulan Star Empire, it takes time to recover from that, nomiate new Senators to represent regions in the Empire, probably cause some infighting...
    >
    > The events of Nemesis left a power vacuum in the Empire. That is a recipe for all kinds of problems, and that is BEFORE Hobus happened. If Hobus was a normal Supernova, it probably wouldn't have threatened Romulus, let alone the rest of the Quadrant.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not really government changed on Romulus a lot...not to mention we don't know if it was a unique event and if Section 31 could have had a plan to make sure it didn't reach Federation space, but Spock decided to take matters in his own hands
    >
    > Would prefer that to the event just happening and no one but Spock decided on doing something and Nero trying to stop him for reasons...never made sense to me that the Vulcans and everyone didn't want to help or took their sweet time cause of other reasons
    >
    > Would prefer Nero having reasons to be angry then just for the sake of being angry

Hmm, a few corrections, after the Shinzon incident, the remaining Senate asked for Federation assistance while they re-established government. Captain Riker and the USS Titan headed up the task force. This was mentioned in the closing of Nemesis.

As for the Hobus disaster, Nero and his crew discovered the coming problem. When he reported it to the Senate, Spock whose work had by now progressed to where he could walk openly into the Senate, promised to secure Vulcan aid. The Vulcans let him down, refusing to help, Geordi Laforge, now teaching at the Vulcan Science Academy, gave Spock the Jellyfish ship which he had designed. Nero provided the ore to process Red Matter, Captain Data and the Enterprise processed it, and Spock still failed. When he failed, and Romulus died, Nero turned on everyone who had failed, the Romulan Senate, the Vulcans, the Federation, everyone.

I doubt the show is going to follow the comics or this game and will do their own thing
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited May 2019
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I doubt the show is going to follow the comics or this game and will do their own thing

It would be boring if the show followed the comics or the game. Most TV shows based on a novel series seems to go in their own direction to keep the fans of the novel series surprised.
    Also isn't Stewart involved with production as well?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Thing is, Kurtzman set up the story for Countdown, and he is running Trek right now. While I don't expect Countdown to be followed exactly I expect broad strokes to utilized. In fact the trailer references a plot point from Countdown, Picard leading the post-Hobus rescue. While in Countdown he was an Ambassador leading via respect held by all parties this interpretation has him an Admiral. There is also the fact the show is set after the destruction of Romulus, again events set up by Kurtzman himself.

However it all comes together the pitch for the show was enough to not only convince Stewart to come back but also inspire his very obvious enthusiasm for the project, less than a year after stating that only something on the scale of all existing crews coming together or a truly special story would get him back. Only 1 of those is possible.
    I'm pretty sure you can be an ambassador and an admiral at the same time.

I could see Stewart getting excited if he was able to get Dina Meyer (Donatra) to be part of it. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I'm watching new shows from the US and it is utter stupidity on stupidity. The supernatural unicorn show (a half witch, half vampire, half werewolf rainbow being...OMG that was mind numbing stupid), the magic college where it seems wizards all took int as their dump stat...yeah.

Which show is that? I have seen some ads for something called The Magicians and Legacies, but had no interest in watching them. Although, I seriously doubt a supernatural unicorn show would be as bad as Twilight.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I'm still very curious how STO will deal with Picard.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I'm still very curious how STO will deal with Picard.

I would assume one big reason we never got any picard in STO because of how much money it would take to get him to do it. Although on the other hand the way content works and such any 2 seconds of content is more than the artists need to get anything into the game. Plus it is pretty obvious if you take in consideration how much work and time goes into a game like this that either they are able to watch these episodes far sooner than they are released through cbs access.

Then there is the other aspect like people have been saying for years how fighters, shuttles, drones, hangars, etc are not star trek canon but that has been debunked with that finale of discovery season two. The possibility when working hand in hand with different cbs controlled assets such as this game and the various series overall if they would even use STO characters and/or canon. So I could forsee Franklin drake being in one of these series or the section 31 series they plan on where they find out Kurland is NOT here and have to make him HERE again. Oh also though I want to see Georgiou punch a ferrengi.
  • drspade#6313 drspade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would expect Geordi and/or Troi to have a roll in this series at some point as well. I didn't see the cast, but those two characters always seemed to "center" Picard during struggles, and this series seems like it will be dealing with his personal struggles, after losing so much. Admiral Picard, not Captain , so .... things have happened.