test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need gangster outfit (suit + fedora) to go with tommy gun.

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
The tommy gun / machine gun has made a couple of appearances in Star Trek, both the holo version used by Picard, and the one used by gangsters in TOS A Piece of the Action.

Now that one of my buffs has a tommy gun, he wants a gangster outfit, complete with fedora hat. When can we expect one?

I'm sure STO/Cryptic are always looking for new C-Store/Lobi opportunities if you don't want to give it away. Make it so!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There is a suit in the formal wear set. Not for boffs, though.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Just no fedora.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The formal suit is only wearable by male characters however. Females get a formal dress.
    Hm... maybe this is why the Mudd outfit is almost sold out on the Exchange...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The formal suit is only wearable by male characters however. Females get a formal dress.

Neverwinter has gangster and flapper outfits.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    tumblr_p47uliZWSO1qcafino1_400.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Neverwinter has gangster and flapper outfits.
    CO has an entire villain faction that dresses like gangsters called the Purple Gang. :p The outfits are easy to get too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Unlock suits for females please. Ties and all. And add hats.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Pretty much what they all said. Make it so!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I'm all for more formal/classic gangster looks, but please for the love of all things good and holy no fedoras.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Unlock suits for females please. Ties and all. And add hats.​​
    Seconded. And I would again as evidence that this can work quite well King (as seen in multiple SNK games).
    valoreah wrote: »
    Wouldn't be complete without the commensurate emote for it too.

-image redacted-
    And yes, using the Thompson's alt-fire does in fact invoke that emote.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    I'm all for more formal/classic gangster looks, but please for the love of all things good and holy no fedoras.
    I disagree with that choice of hat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Also:
    D2xIcdcXgAIVbXq.jpg
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    chipg7 wrote: »

I'd be able to finish my Indiana Jones cosplay with a Fedora though. I mean yea my main is a Trill female, but she makes a good female Indy on the Holodeck. ;)
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I need thise for some of my characters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceGF3M56bE
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    It would definitely be good for anyone wanting to roleplay an Iotian character out to get their piece of the Federation's action, just like Kirk predicted :)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Don't forget the violin case as well
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    This discussion has been closed.