test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 4/4/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/28 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Another reduction to the distress calls? Weren't they only dropped down to 5mins just last week.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the Machine Gun seems to be a Character unlock. Heading backwards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Interesting to see how the avenger/arbiter consoles are being made non-ship specific.
    edited April 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Not to mention they aren't letting you get the tokens on more than one character a day.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Not to mention they aren't letting you get the tokens on more than one character a day.
    I don't believe that is correct (see highlighted wording):

"Play the event to unlock the following rewards:

When you complete the queue for the First Contact Day event, you will receive a special Zefram Cochrane Memorial Hologram Voucher (limit one per day, per character). A minimum of 4 Holograms are required in order to receive a Special Event Prize Box that includes:

1x Captain Specialization Point
    Launch Toy Rocket
    Holo Emitter - Phoenix Shuttle
    (NEW!) Replica Thompson Submachine Gun"

Source

Today's patch notes seem to include a lot of fixes and items (apologies for off topic).
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »

It's an account unlock.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I am hoping that the machine gun can be obtained for all of my bridge officers AND me.

It would appear that this is classified as a unique item and can only have one per character.
    Oh well soo much for that, another useless item to leave in storage and not use.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    protoneous wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I don't believe that is correct (see highlighted wording):

"Play the event to unlock the following rewards:

When you complete the queue for the First Contact Day event, you will receive a special Zefram Cochrane Memorial Hologram Voucher (limit one per day, per character). A minimum of 4 Holograms are required in order to receive a Special Event Prize Box that includes:

1x Captain Specialization Point
    Launch Toy Rocket
    Holo Emitter - Phoenix Shuttle
    (NEW!) Replica Thompson Submachine Gun"

Source

Today's patch notes seem to include a lot of fixes and items (apologies for off topic).
    I did read that part but I must've misinterpreted it, perhaps from getting up after only 5 hours of sleep.

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Resolved an issue that would cause an activation of Cryotronic Modulation to do nothing if you were already affected by the power.

Thanks for fixing this.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• edwardhamham#8075 edwardhamham Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Another reduction to the distress calls? Weren't they only dropped down to 5mins just last week.

It sounds to me like the cool down after using one of them will still be five minutes, but the shared cooldown (the one that's placed on the others after using one) is being lowered to two minutes.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Removed equip restrictions on the following universal consoles, to be usable on all starships:

-Ablative Hazard Shielding (Fed and Kdf versions).
    -Dynamic Defense Deployment System.
    -Variable Auto-Targeting Armament.

Neat. Ablative Hazard Shielding being all ships sounds fun, as it's a very nice emergency heal and a minor passive durability enhancement. The torp that launches torps (Fed) and the torp that launches mines which shoot lasers (KDF) are mostly fun, they should probably be dropped when higher end gear becomes available. The two-piece is pretty meh.
    Reduced equip restrictions on the following universal consoles, to be usable on All Warbirds:

-Ablative Hazard Shielding (Rom version).
    -Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator.
    - Ionized Particle Beam.

This is a bit more interesting, as the two-piece on this set is a useful -25% Weapon Power Cost for Warbirds. Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator is decent, though behind the meta, shield booster effect when firing (and was already equip-able on all Warbirds). Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator is basically the same as the Fed/KDF versions. Ionized Particle Beam was a bit lacking against level 60+ enemies last I took it out on my Morrigu, but IIRC is scales with EPG, so it might be worthwhile to try on a Sci Warbird.
    The two piece does give a turning bonus though, could probably help with certain slow turning ships.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    "Removed equip restrictions on the following universal consoles..."

Cool. I guess those are showing up in lockboxes soon. Don't like special ship consoles locked to ships. It's a reason I don't buy some ships; that I can't take that console to my preferred ship.

Time to see if the Avenger console set is something I can use on my preferred ship...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    i see some icons are being changed or updated...now if all the icons in the game would be updated to a less...simple art style

and some really need to be changed completely to better indicate the thing they're attached to...because really, does ANYONE get 'sensor analysis' from any part of this? Sensor_Analysis_icon_%28Federation%29.png?version=3ffed1c1e42340da1ec9f8ad388f7fc3

it looks like a simplistic hourglass, and hourglasses have nothing to do with sensors​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Another reduction to the distress calls? Weren't they only dropped down to 5mins just last week.

It sounds to me like the cool down after using one of them will still be five minutes, but the shared cooldown (the one that's placed on the others after using one) is being lowered to two minutes.

Makes this Trait and Fleet Support nearly useless.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Command_Frequency
    With 3 Distress calls you have a cooldown of 2 Minutes to activate the next.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    > @postagepaid said:

Far from useless, the best part of that trait always has been the removal of the low health restriction which still stands.

Is it worth using a trait slot for? That really depends on what other traits you have access to.. but being that it's a free trait it has a place in low budget builds.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    > @postagepaid said:

Far from useless, the best part of that trait always has been the removal of the low health restriction which still stands.

Is it worth using a trait slot for? That really depends on what other traits you have access to.. but being that it's a free trait it has a place in low budget builds.

Yes. But the Discress Calls (except Beacon of Kahless) had a shared cooldown of 15 minutes.
    When I used the Delta Discress, Nimbus got 15 minutes cooldown too.
    Fleet Support got 5 minutes.

• alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    How is the Variable Auto-Targeting Armament console becoming usable on all ships? It has firing modes for only three of the four cruiser commands. What does it do on a cruiser using Attract Fire? What does it do on a ship which doesn't have cruiser commands? This announcement doesn't say.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/28 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
    You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

The removal of some of the equip restrictions for universal consoles could open up a nice can of worms to play with.
    Going to take some time this weekend to go though the various combos.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmm - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the T5 Vesta consoles being made universal. I would LOVE the Quantum Field Focus Controller on my FT5-U Nova!

I will note that I won't get my hopes up on this one, due to the nature of the Vesta class and the way it was brought into the game.

Yes please!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    That would be nice. For sets like the T5 vesta set i am partial to only allow their use on science vessels.

I am interested in the universal consoles mentioned in the patch since i have a few fabrication spawn builds in space and those may be quite useful.

Does anyone else think that the release of these universal consoles for all ships is connected the the "Earn zen ships" which is mentioned in the roadmap?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    That would be nice. For sets like the T5 vesta set i am partial to only allow their use on science vessels.

I am interested in the universal consoles mentioned in the patch since i have a few fabrication spawn builds in space and those may be quite useful.

Does anyone else think that the release of these universal consoles for all ships is connected the the "Earn zen ships" which is mentioned in the roadmap?

Yeah, did wonder that myself to be honest.

That would mean the avenger, mogh and Mogai being made available. All speculation though.
    Still i will be keeping an eye out for other universal consoles being released.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    "-Variable Auto-Targeting Armament."
    It was always frustrating how it says Star Fleet battlecruisers but none of my battlecruiser could use it. Glad to see that has been fixed now.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    "Cloaking devices now indicate the duration their Ambush bonus will last in their tooltips."

Was this a last-minute update added when Kael asked that same question in yesterday's live stream? :tongue:
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The usefulness of the fleet support trait depends partly on the players faction. For roms and klinks its less useful given the supports habit of cloaking and leaving.

I think the icon for sensor analysis was lifted from the shows although it does look more like a turbolift door button than something sciency.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Looking forward to getting A Piece of the Action.
    501px-Pieceoftheaction_SpockMcCoy.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Nice fixes. I would like the sensor analysis icon to remain the same. I like the hourglass design. Though I would like there to be a ground revamp.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    We're going to make some old-style phone calls from this locale. So you locate the man on the other end of the blower and give him a ride to this flop
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Love the cool down reduction for space assets, now if we could just get the Fleet Operational Assets (ground and space) to be usable in all missions and TFOs instead of just Fleet TFOs, that would be awesome.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    With respect to not the notes but the patch, is the 20% off sale on services working?

Bank and Inventory slots in the C-store appear to be regular prices to me (300 & 400 zen respectively).

https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11128393-20%25-off-character-slots%2C-bank-slots-and-more%21
This discussion has been closed.