test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Trek YouTube Channel

marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,325 Arc User
    > @marty123#3757 said:
    > If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

> @marty123#3757 said:
    > If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

They do seem fair and balanced, I just wish they had more Charisma, alittle more sizzle.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 9,916 Bug Hunter
    If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

They 100% are.
    Every single video they do on DSC ships is laced with pointless, endless, relentless, unceasing, unstoppable, continuous, mind-numbing, repetitive drivel. Constantly banging on about 'prime' as though it was a holy written unchangeable truth completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that every, single, other incarnation of Trek, without exception, deviation, hesitation, or repetition, changed absolutely anything they wanted on a whim.

Like the Constitution. They are utterly, completely, unflinchingly, and wholly consumed by the idea it must be 288m long (based on common fanfiction no less and not canon) and the supposed largeness of the DSC ships is so repetitive they scarcely have any room in the videos to talk about any scrap of detail on the models or supposed functions of knobbly bits as they do with any other ship from any other franchise.

Instead the viewer is subjected to a ceaseless torrent of 'how will they fit this in prime!!!' as though the fan models they showcase as 'what the TOS era should look like' somehow are even close to what the canon production of DSC actually shows the ships of the TOS era look like. There is but a single ship in canon, prior to DSC, from the TOS era and that's the Conni and it's the oddball get over it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    > @artan42 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They 100% are.
    > Every single video they do on DSC ships is laced with pointless, endless, relentless, unceasing, unstoppable, continuous, mind-numbing, repetitive drivel. Constantly banging on about 'prime' as though it was a holy written unchangeable truth completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that every, single, other incarnation of Trek, without exception, deviation, hesitation, or repetition, changed absolutely anything they wanted on a whim.
    >
    > Like the Constitution. They are utterly, completely, unflinchingly, and wholly consumed by the idea it must be 288m long (based on common fanfiction no less and not canon) and the supposed largeness of the DSC ships is so repetitive they scarcely have any room in the videos to talk about any scrap of detail on the models or supposed functions of knobbly bits as they do with any other ship from any other franchise.
    >
    > Instead the viewer is subjected to a ceaseless torrent of 'how will they fit this in prime!!!' as though the fan models they showcase as 'what the TOS era should look like' somehow are even close to what the canon production of DSC actually shows the ships of the TOS era look like. There is but a single ship in canon, prior to DSC, from the TOS era and that's the Conni and it's the oddball get over it.​​

So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,500 Arc User
    The best Trek YouTube Channel is mine! MINE! I'M THE BEST!!!

Even though some of the stuff on there isn't Trek-related...

Most of it isn't, actually...

In fact only about 10% is Trek-related...

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN"T BE THE BEST REEEEE!!1!!one!!!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 9,916 Bug Hunter
    lordgyor wrote: »
    So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆

Iobviouslyy needed more adjectives...​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

> @artan42 said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Iobviouslyy needed more adjectives...​​

Yeah a lot more , you totally didn't get you point across. 😆
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,335 Arc User
    Spacedock does some good Trek videos
    blackadder_tribute_by_finchley.jpg

• valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,752 Arc User
    Pass, thank you.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    > @garaks31 said:
    > Trek Actually ,is my favorite

He’s good until he’s gets all political and brings Trump into everything
    > @garaks31 said:
    > how can we not? he is huge .. tremendous ...

And democratically elected
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 6,986 Arc User
    > @garaks31 said:
    > Trek Actually ,is my favorite

He’s good until he’s gets all political and brings Trump into everything

Dude Steve was a radical lefty before he got Trump derangement syndrome. He was so far left that he thought stuff that TYT was spewing was right wing. What is sad is that with TDS becoming rampant, he ain't radical anymore. His utterly scary political stance aside, his trek content isn't bad per say and while I do attempt to seperate the art from the artist...I found that his belief bleeds into his art and I am just not a fan of his belief so I feel it pretty justified to say I don't like his take on Trek...other than the hate on Janeway...she is a monster.
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,752 Arc User
    ^ Please leave the political stuff out.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,298 Arc User
    edited March 20
    > @garaks31 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > > @garaks31 said:
    > > how can we not? he is huge .. tremendous ...
    >
    > And democratically elected
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I guess, one of the descendants of John was not available at the time ^^
    >
    > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

Wow most Presidents are decended for King John the Bad, that explains a lot...