test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Trek YouTube Channel

marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @marty123#3757 said:
    > If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

> @marty123#3757 said:
    > If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

They do seem fair and balanced, I just wish they had more Charisma, alittle more sizzle.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    If you haven’t already you should subscribe to Trekyards, they are the best YouTube channel for Star Trek, especially when it comes to Discovery as they are not just haters, that talk about the good and the bad.

They 100% are.
    Every single video they do on DSC ships is laced with pointless, endless, relentless, unceasing, unstoppable, continuous, mind-numbing, repetitive drivel. Constantly banging on about 'prime' as though it was a holy written unchangeable truth completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that every, single, other incarnation of Trek, without exception, deviation, hesitation, or repetition, changed absolutely anything they wanted on a whim.

Like the Constitution. They are utterly, completely, unflinchingly, and wholly consumed by the idea it must be 288m long (based on common fanfiction no less and not canon) and the supposed largeness of the DSC ships is so repetitive they scarcely have any room in the videos to talk about any scrap of detail on the models or supposed functions of knobbly bits as they do with any other ship from any other franchise.

Instead the viewer is subjected to a ceaseless torrent of 'how will they fit this in prime!!!' as though the fan models they showcase as 'what the TOS era should look like' somehow are even close to what the canon production of DSC actually shows the ships of the TOS era look like. There is but a single ship in canon, prior to DSC, from the TOS era and that's the Conni and it's the oddball get over it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    > @artan42 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They 100% are.
    > Every single video they do on DSC ships is laced with pointless, endless, relentless, unceasing, unstoppable, continuous, mind-numbing, repetitive drivel. Constantly banging on about 'prime' as though it was a holy written unchangeable truth completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that every, single, other incarnation of Trek, without exception, deviation, hesitation, or repetition, changed absolutely anything they wanted on a whim.
    >
    > Like the Constitution. They are utterly, completely, unflinchingly, and wholly consumed by the idea it must be 288m long (based on common fanfiction no less and not canon) and the supposed largeness of the DSC ships is so repetitive they scarcely have any room in the videos to talk about any scrap of detail on the models or supposed functions of knobbly bits as they do with any other ship from any other franchise.
    >
    > Instead the viewer is subjected to a ceaseless torrent of 'how will they fit this in prime!!!' as though the fan models they showcase as 'what the TOS era should look like' somehow are even close to what the canon production of DSC actually shows the ships of the TOS era look like. There is but a single ship in canon, prior to DSC, from the TOS era and that's the Conni and it's the oddball get over it.​​

So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    The best Trek YouTube Channel is mine! MINE! I'M THE BEST!!!

Even though some of the stuff on there isn't Trek-related...

Most of it isn't, actually...

In fact only about 10% is Trek-related...

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN"T BE THE BEST REEEEE!!1!!one!!!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    lordgyor wrote: »
    So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆

Iobviouslyy needed more adjectives...​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    > @artan42 said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > So what I hear you saying is that you are a huge fan of theirs?😆
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Iobviouslyy needed more adjectives...​​

Yeah a lot more , you totally didn't get you point across. 😆
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Spacedock does some good Trek videos
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      Trek Actually ,is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7CXa04w_s

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
      > @garaks31 said:
      > Trek Actually ,is my favorite

He’s good until he’s gets all political and brings Trump into everything
      > @garaks31 said:
      > how can we not? he is huge .. tremendous ...

And democratically elected
      > @garaks31 said:
      > how can we not? he is huge .. tremendous ...

And democratically elected

I guess, one of the descendants of John was not available at the time ^^

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html
      edited March 2019
      > @garaks31 said:
      >
      > > @garaks31 said:
      > > how can we not? he is huge .. tremendous ...
      >
      > And democratically elected
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > I guess, one of the descendants of John was not available at the time ^^
      >
      > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

Wow most Presidents are decended for King John the Bad, that explains a lot...
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
      "Junky Time Traveler" for the WIN!
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      > @garaks31 said:
      >
      > > @garaks31 said:
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

John "Lackland" is a more typical name for him. And the methodology of most of those "all of a group of people are descended from a single historical figure" pronouncements is flawed: all they can actually determine is that, assuming no inbreeding (which is unlikely), the DNA mathematically calculates out to a common ancestor who existed in England roughly when John Plantagenet did. (It also neglects Martin van Buren, who was Dutch, not English.)

The same claim is made of 8% of males living in the former Mongol Empire having similar Y-chromosomes, theorizing that they're all descendants of Khagan Temujin Borjigin (Genghis Khan). This one makes significantly more sense than the John Plantagenet claims, given it took place in regions where harems and concubines were common practice: the Borjigin descendants were all rather, shall we say, prolific.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      starswordc wrote: »
      > @garaks31 said:
      > marty123#3757 wrote: » > > @garaks31 said:
      >
      >
      >

John "Lackland" is a more typical name for him. And the methodology of most of those "all of a group of people are descended from a single historical figure" pronouncements is flawed: all they can actually determine is that, assuming no inbreeding (which is unlikely), the DNA mathematically calculates out to a common ancestor who existed in England roughly when John Plantagenet did. (It also neglects Martin van Buren, who was Dutch, not English.)

The same claim is made of 8% of males living in the former Mongol Empire having similar Y-chromosomes, theorizing that they're all descendants of Khagan Temujin Borjigin (Genghis Khan). This one makes significantly more sense than the John Plantagenet claims, given it took place in regions where harems and concubines were common practice: the Borjigin descendants were all rather, shall we say, prolific.
      Heh, Also most of Britain is descended from John, so if you traced it there's a pretty big chunk of the US population that is too.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
      Certifiably Ingame did/is doing (I'm unsure if he's still working his way through) a series in which he goes through the various STO episodes, with his own commentary. (For instance, at the beginning of "Frozen", Admiral T'Nae cautions you to avoid antagonizing either the Remans or the Romulans, as you don't need to start another war. He replies, "Antagonize? When have I ever done anything to antagonize the Romulans? (beat) She hung up on me.") He also comments on the current situation, as when he tried to find some good in the resolution of the situation in "Mine Enemy", but eventually concluded that even his rosiest scenarios were cold comfort for the refugees stuck in the mines.

Jon's Post, supplemental: Turns out he's still doing STO-oriented videos; about an hour ago (as I type this) he released a video about the formation of the Romulan Republic.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU7GYqSF7_E
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
      BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN"T BE THE BEST REEEEE!!1!!one!!!
      I'd like to hear more about these reeeee's. Consider me a subscriber.
    • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
      I'll agree with viewing Certifiably Ingame.
      Rick does a RP/Lore/Let's play type series based from rolling a TOS character and then continues through each story arc. He's taking a side-step right now by rolling a Romulan and doing the tutorial and then the specific missions to lead to the (re)discovery of New Romulus. Once that's done, Rick's TOS character will continue on with exploring New Romulus.

Overall the series is fun and enjoyable. When available, Rick also includes the variable results from multiple choice responses.

While Trek, as a whole, seems to be the main focus of his channel, Rick also delves into other Sci Fi and pop culture IPs. Certifiably Ingame is a worth-wile channel to view.
      STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
      Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
      • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
      • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
      • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content