test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something I need to get off my chest about the Romulan/Dominion situation

jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
Before you just roll your eyes and copy paste the quote from the Dev stating they're not giving up on Romulans or slap down a comment about how Discovery doesn't have Romulans or the Dominion in it so they won't be in AoD packs I want to point out a few things.

The first being the much quoted post when Romulan players complain about a new ship package lacking ships.
Hey folks,

I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship. I was just chatting with our concept artist, Hector, about designs for those guys. That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall, and the Anniversary in 2019, I wouldn't expect to see those ships right away. As always, we'll keep you updated.

So first things first, it's often stated how he mentions chatting with the concept artist as proof Romulan ships are in the works. So? Concept artists draw lots of things, concept artists have lots of ideas and plans most of it never sees the light of day in the game. Simply talking about some ships doesn't mean anything.

Second is the statement of they're putting everything into AoD so not to expect the Romulan ships right away. Well to me this has a few issues of it's own, First being if AoD is the only reason we're not seeing Romulan ships than why can Romulans (and Dom) fly allied ships all the sudden? I don't think that a small expansions content drought would warrant such a measure if the plan was to go back to releasing Romulan ship packs afterwards. The other point I'll touch on in a bit in a bit

The other much touted statement when Romulan players gripe about the lack of ships in the packs is "Well there are no Romulans in Disc so of course there's no ships coming out"

I suppose I could of bought this argument if they hadn't put out the Recon Destroyer pack and the Support Cruiser pack, two ship packs with nothing to do with Discovery but still lacking Romulan (and Dom) variants. This also feeds into my point about "everythings being put into Disc", Really? than how have you had time to spit out not one but two packs of current age designs separate of Disc? Some will try to defend that by saying designs are done well in advance so perhaps these ships where designed than AoD rolled up and they cut short the Rom/Dom versions.. but we've seen 2 such packs lacking Rom/Dom ships.. not just one this shows they cut Rom/Dom ships earlier as they could of rolled out a 4 pack with that development time vs 2 Fed/KDF packs. OR it shows they made these packs and just opted not to design Rom/Dom variants.

TLDR I guess my main point is fairly simple.. I don't like being lied/mislead to, and I don't think anyone else does either. I feel if Cryptic had just stated the obvious "Romulan ships aren't selling well so unfortunately we'll be heavily dialing back how often we produce them, fear not we'll still make them from time to time but you can now fly your allied factions ships so you won't be left out" would of gone over better than just trying to lie about the reasons, I find it insulting and I feel many other people do as well.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I believe they unlocked all the allied ships for Dominion and Romulans because that way the factions would have access to new ships because it was less of a work load for them.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Most likely cause they didn't plan the Disco ships and now have all hands on deck focusing only on disco ships, cause no way they planned the Discovery ships cause look how the packs were released clearly they been rushing this as fast as possible if it was planed the Packs would have came out the same time with way more ships, we only got one C -store ship with the release of AoD and a big gap of no C-store Disco ships since AoD dropped
    GwaoHAD.png
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Most likely cause they didn't plan the Disco ships and now have all hands on deck focusing only on disco ships, cause no way they planned the Discovery ships cause look how the packs were released clearly they been rushing this as fast as possible if it was planed the Packs would have came out the same time with way more ships, we only got one C -store ship with the release of AoD and a big gap of no C-store Disco ships since AoD dropped
    GwaoHAD.png
This discussion has been closed.