What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Notes from the latest weekly livestream

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    There's not exactly a whole lot left for them to drudge up for whole story arcs at this point.

There's always the rest of the Delta Quadrant, and then... Andromeda. As in the Galaxy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Technically we've already been to Andromeda, thanks to the first mission of the Iconian War arc. AND there are gateways in Andromeda. Its already been established that the Kelvans came from Andromeda, but we really didn't see anything like ships. I'm kinda leaning towards the Kelvans not being a major threat. But it is another galaxy, so I can see something brand new being a major threat and the Kelvans being involved somehow.

Unless somehow the T'Kon Empire made their way to Andromeda...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I don't really see the Sheliak being an issue. They're small, and have rather extensive, detailed, and WORDY treaties with the Federation. Maybe a one off episode, but I honestly don't see how to set that up.

But you're right. There are a bunch of other things that can be covered. Although honestly I hope they don't do a Borg 2.0. They're done to death. IF they do... make their defeat more than just a setback. Make it real crippling to dang near fatal for the Collective. They're NEVER going to be the uber threat they used to be because everyone's learned how to fight them effectively, and the Borg don't innovate.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    There's nothing in canon that links the T'kon to Andromeda though.

There IS one thing... that we already have in STO that IS linked to Andromeda.... Andrea. Oh hey! the names are even similar!
    dcu98st-a75dadb4-8205-45c0-bead-c5d8a75a398e.png
    Yes, THAT Andrea. Well, maybe. I might be thinking of a different group of "Old Ones"...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    And what does God need with a Starship?

The better question is what does god need with an inflatable starship
  • Options
    bahahahahaaa__rainbow_dash_laugh_by_misteralex-d515muw.gif
    Oh god... that's... LOL
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > *reads first post*
    >
    > Hmm, well in my head cannon, Disco is the alternate universe.

Fortunately for everyone, you decide nothing for the franchise.

I can same the same for you. :*<3
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > *reads first post*
    >
    > Hmm, well in my head cannon, Disco is the alternate universe.

Fortunately for everyone, you decide nothing for the franchise.

I can same the same for you. :*<3

Why? When has azrael605 ever decided they can decide anything about the franchise?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There's always the rest of the Delta Quadrant, and then... Andromeda. As in the Galaxy.
    Given Cryptic's primary focus of using already established Trek stuff over making up their own, the rest of the Delta Quadrant would probably be used in a Borg 2.0 arc, and Andromeda would probably have the Kelvans try to invade the Milky way, rather then us going there.
    Cryptic's standard MO has been making up their own stuff and then giving it a name that was mentioned in canon. Iconians, tzenkethi, hur'q, fek'ihri, etc. Or barring that, one-off aliens-of-the-week that they can make up almost everything about. Some of them, like the elachi, are even named Cryptic original.

So yeah, if they went to Andromeda I would totally see them make up something entirely original and call it the Kelvan Empire.
  • Options
    Actually... the Elachi appeared in an episode of Enterprise. They were the unknown aliens that attacked the NX-01 in Silent Enemy. Forced them to actually install the Phase Cannons.
    latest?cb=20101004145059&path-prefix=en
    latest?cb=20171205182911&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    Actually... the Elachi appeared in an episode of Enterprise. They were the unknown aliens that attacked the NX-01 in Silent Enemy. Forced them to actually install the Phase Cannons.
    Actually...that's what I just said.

Everything about them except their appearance, that one ship, and the fact that they're hostile is Cryptic's work. Including the name "elachi."
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Everything about them except their appearance, that one ship, and the fact that they're hostile is Cryptic's work. Including the name "elachi."
    Which is them expanding on something already in Trek lore, and not making something entirely new up. As I originally said.

I doubt we will ever see Cryptic make up some 100% unmentioned in past lore alien super empire to serve as a villain for a future story arc in STO. If we get attacked from Andormeda it will be the Kelvans. If an Iconian-like empire rises out near the galactic rim it will be the T'kon, etc. etc.
    Again, that's what I just said.

Of course it would be the kelvans. Why would it not? Whatever they actually were made to be and do (by Cryptic), there would be no reason not to tack on the name "Kelvan Empire" on it just to score brownie points from fans.
  • Options
    Again, that's what I just said.
    Your original remark was
    Cryptic's standard MO has been making up their own stuff and then giving it a name that was mentioned in canon. Iconians, tzenkethi, hur'q, fek'ihri, etc. Or barring that, one-off aliens-of-the-week that they can make up almost everything about. Some of them, like the elachi, are even named Cryptic original.

So yeah, if they went to Andromeda I would totally see them make up something entirely original and call it the Kelvan Empire
    Which, as both I and @rattler 2 pointed out is wrong.
    No, you just rephrased the same thing in a different tone. What's the point?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Oi. :unamused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Lore says the message from the Federation isn't expected to reach Kelvan space until around 2568 , and they didn't expect a response back until around 2868. So we are a long way off from that.

Ah... but with Iconian Gateways... it may be possible to get into Andromeda a lot sooner than that.
  • Options
    I don't think a story with the Sheliak or T'kon as bad guys would really work. The Sheliak aren't really an enemy, more like annoying neighbors. I'm sure you could come up with an interesting story, but it'd take a few more twists and turns than usual.

The T'kon died millennia ago. A story arc about them would probably be best handled by having the Alliance try to collect T'kon relics to keep them from falling into the wrong hands.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Since a lot of Discovery stuff is coming, how about the totally not overly complex bridge of the Sarcophagus?
    *cue scream of horror from Tacofangs*

Just kidding! Just kidding!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Since a lot of Discovery stuff is coming, how about the totally not overly complex bridge of the Sarcophagus?
    *cue scream of horror from Tacofangs*

Just kidding! Just kidding!
    I doubt our Turakian overlord hates it.
    The Sheliak aren't really an enemy
    I always wanted it to be a more political plot rather then a "they are attacking us" plot.
    The T'kon died millennia ago.
    So did the Iconians, and the Hur'q... we saw how that turned out. And Cryptic stated sometime around when they introduced the Tzenkethi that the T'kon were one of three races, the Iconians and Tzenkethi being the other two, that they originally considered for the role of "big bad" of STO, so they did consider bringing them back.

Out of the "likely" plotlines I would put the T'kon at the bottom for being similar to the Iconians.
    Enh could work, but... given the story we have it's more likely the Iconians killed the T'Kon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.