test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Personal Endeavors!

15678911»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,761 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Without a foundry, what is currently the best spot for killing captains on the ground?

Trans-Dimensional Tactic has one.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The best place to Defeat Captains (Ground) seems to be the Voth Battlezone. The Artillery Point, Comm Array Point will spawn Voth Dacentrus-Class Exosuit which count as Captains as the final mini-boss for that point. You can clear them out in a few minutes.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    questerius wrote: »
    Without a foundry, what is currently the best spot for killing captains on the ground?

Re-roll or skip it.

@seaofsorrows
    @zedbrightlander1
    @tobywitczak

It seems to overseers (is that their name?) in the ground part of "Home" on board of the ship are counted as Captains.
    Easy enough to run though and it saves the reroll token in case there is a really bad one for elite.

Thanks for the input though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Two gripes I'm sure that have already been brought up either here or somewhere else... First, let's post the pic and then I'll explain:

bu4ryuV.jpg

Storming the Spire is Voth Sphere that doesn't seem to count toward this Hard Endeavor. In fact, the wording seems go to against the TFO for draconian reasons. In fact based on the current configuration you have to faff around the sphere doing missions from Joint Command and also hope for good RNG that for alerts to kill Voth ships, not all of which are actually Voth.

This makes for tedious grind in the Dyson Sphere which makes little sense for players that don't have the time to sit there for hours at a time to do this.

Second, if Endeavors are an account based rewards then the Endeavor grind should be account based as well. This means being able to have all accounts see the accumulation of these numbers instead of having to start from scratch for each account in order to complete them.

While it's worthy to note that this is definitely a feed into the power creep, at least it gives this product *some* new life.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Two gripes I'm sure that have already been brought up either here or somewhere else... First, let's post the pic and then I'll explain:

bu4ryuV.jpg

Storming the Spire is Voth Sphere that doesn't seem to count toward this Hard Endeavor. In fact, the wording seems go to against the TFO for draconian reasons. In fact based on the current configuration you have to faff around the sphere doing missions from Joint Command and also hope for good RNG that for alerts to kill Voth ships, not all of which are actually Voth.

This makes for tedious grind in the Dyson Sphere which makes little sense for players that don't have the time to sit there for hours at a time to do this.

Second, if Endeavors are an account based rewards then the Endeavor grind should be account based as well. This means being able to have all accounts see the accumulation of these numbers instead of having to start from scratch for each account in order to complete them.

While it's worthy to note that this is definitely a feed into the power creep, at least it gives this product *some* new life.

The best way to kill voth ships for that is to go to the space battlezone. After turning the zone sections all blue and killing the planet killers (which is all Undine, not Voth) you get a Voth invasion to deal with that has enough Voth ships to take care of that endeavor.
    phoenixc wrote:
    The best way to kill voth ships for that is to go to the space battlezone. After turning the zone sections all blue and killing the planet killers (which is all Undine, not Voth) you get a Voth invasion to deal with that has enough Voth ships to take care of that endeavor.

This relies on entering the Undine Space Battlezone and having a team take down the sections and killing all of the planet killers. At the time of day that I have the chance to playing it, this is not always the most ideal of events as it's a losing fight against the zones when there's not enough people to clear and hold the sections. If anything, it's easier to PUG up a TFO and killing Voth without all the added work.

I liked where this went, truth be told though it's more busy work. And again, why is this being limited to Voth in only the most generic of terms where there is a TFO that can accomplish the same?
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Looks like you only missed a small handful. Not to bad. I do wonder at this stage if there is anyone who has not missed a single one.

I've missed one or two universal endeavours, usually PvP stuff. And I'm currently at level 60 (no life). I'm really curious now if anyone is at a higher rank, with the exception of the occasional PvP universal, I'm fairly sure I've hit every daily one.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Two would only be 800 points, which is fairly insignificant for the 20,000 points needed per level.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,153 Arc User
    bluejaye1 wrote: »
    Looks like you only missed a small handful. Not to bad. I do wonder at this stage if there is anyone who has not missed a single one.

I've missed one or two universal endeavours, usually PvP stuff. And I'm currently at level 60 (no life). I'm really curious now if anyone is at a higher rank, with the exception of the occasional PvP universal, I'm fairly sure I've hit every daily one.
    Doesn’t it work out something like doing one single day of bonus Endeavours is the same as over an entire month of Universals? I skip 99% of Universals as even over 2 years it won’t have much of a noticeable impact.

I haven't done todays personal set and I missed a few personal in the first week when we had the bugged ones. With almost all the universals skipped I am at level 59.
    I reached 46 last night.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I would like to see a few more science-ability related things. Like dealing exotic damage or something like that.

bu4ryuV.jpg

I think the best way is go to the Contested Zone and play the capture & hold game. The points spawn plenty of Voth ships, and if you capture all the points, you summon 4 Voth Dreadnoughts and their support fleets - plenty of Voth to blow up.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    bluejaye1 wrote: »

I'm at 60 also.
    raf,750x1000,075,t,353d77:4d8b4ffd91.jpg
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm at 60 also.

Phew, nice to see I'm not alone in not really having a life. Oh and I hit 61 yesterday. :smile:
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
    Starting with our Ninth Anniversary Update, you'll be able to engage in Personal Endeavors, and work towards unlocking account wide stat increases!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11055733

Personal Endeavor Reroll Token - Do we know what the maximum number we can have is? I know that we can only have 50 RRT in the Admiralty System, is it the same for Personal Endeavor Reroll Tokens?
    I had 26 last night.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    New Romulus Alerts do not come around very often - IMHO. :frowning:

When I was grinding up the reputation on one of my alternative accounts, I spent 2 hour in the morning for 1 week on New Romulus. Out of 7 days I was there about the same time each morning 5 days had one such red alert going on.

Maybe you need to change the time you play there.

When I was grinding up the reputation on one of my alternative accounts, I spent 2 hour in the morning for 1 week on New Romulus. Out of 7 days I was there about the same time each morning 5 days had one such red alert going on.

Maybe you need to change the time you play there.

Most of the time things like that are on a regular rotation, like triggering every hour on the hour or half hour (some are set for 15 and/or 45 minute points in a particular hour). The most common seems to be strait-up on the hour.
    Seems it was on the half hour.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Aww, man, the re-roll tokiens went working today. :(
    Good thing that the Endeavor - Deliver at least 10 prisoners to Star Fleet - isn't a daily. In fact, I glad it only pops up on Fridays as I sometimes need the entire weekend to complete it. :)
    I have missed a lot of the endeavors lately, mostly I have only been doing them as a side effect of other things (mostly the FTFO) instead of actually working towards completing them.

If they stack up so they can be done at the same time is one of the exceptions to that (when I get the time). One time they even aligned perfectly and I was actually able to do them all (including the universal one) at once, but they are still a low priority for now since I do not respec which means most of my current build ideas are on lower level characters which are not eligible to do endevors and I have not had the time lately to do both the new and endgame stuff that much.
    Good thing that the Endeavor - Deliver at least 10 prisoners to Star Fleet - isn't a daily. In fact, I glad it only pops up on Fridays as I sometimes need the entire weekend to complete it. :)

I found this one easy enough to prep for. Thanks to the Admiralty missions, there's plenty of prisoner payouts there that you can end up running with 20+ prisoners at any given time. Then when this endeavor pops, it's simply a mater of standing near the security officer. Grabbing two prisoners from the packs... Run the mission and in an hour, repeat.... Five hours later you're done.
    I had about 120 Tribble Carcasses in the Account Bank. Had a KDF Character turn 10 in for the Bounty which counts as well. Six hours and you are done.

Ground Captains can also be picked up on Nimbus III. The larger Anthropods in some groups count. The odd thing is they count for the one needing 10 Captains but not the one for 6. On Kobali Prime, I believe the Vaadwaur guys in the Longcoats count. On Defera I believe that the Elite Heavy Tactical Drone as well as the bosses in the Hard areas are the only ones that count.

At this stage I wish they just upped the XP by 233% and run them on the same schedule as the Universal Endeavors, three times a week. The other thing that they could do is run Endeavor Events on Weekends for double the XP.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I am that mythical unicorn that has done literally all of them that you could up to this point, including a couple of "bonus days" when they changed some personal endeavors in a patch. If you had logged in and finished yours for the day before the patch, you got a brand new set after the patch. With all of that, I hit 100 points today.

https://imgur.com/LT28t4q
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited July 2019
    anodynes wrote: »
    I am that mythical unicorn that has done literally all of them that you could up to this point, including a couple of "bonus days" when they changed some personal endeavors in a patch. If you had logged in and finished yours for the day before the patch, you got a brand new set after the patch. With all of that, I hit 100 points today.

https://imgur.com/LT28t4q

At 98 I'm hot on your tail. :p

Edit - And today I hit 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwAHURPQ-s
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on