What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Train Destabilizing Resonance Beam

13»

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    While I don't have this problem myself...

Does it only not allow you to train from the 3 manuals you were given from the Episode; or does it also effect newly created manuals, created with a padd as well in R&D Officer training?
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I'm going to ask a patronising question, because I don't see it asked anywhere - but I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't have done this - But the BOFFs that you're trying to train are the correct rank for the manual, right?
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    (I actually mentioned that in my March 28 post but I can imagine you may not have gone back that far).

Aye, I missed that one.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Pethaps in abundance, but it's very simple: one day my Rom captain could train DBB to my boffs (a few already have it), then, one day, she no longer could.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    @westmetals

Well seems maybe they finally got to it, with a few polite reminders.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11489503-patch-notes-for-6/10/21

"Resolved an issue that was preventing Captains from training Science Bridge Officers with Training Manual - Science - Destabilizing Resonance Beam II."

Hopefully they meant I/II/III though.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    @westmetals

Well seems maybe they finally got to it, with a few polite reminders.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11489503-patch-notes-for-6/10/21

"Resolved an issue that was preventing Captains from training Science Bridge Officers with Training Manual - Science - Destabilizing Resonance Beam II."

Hopefully they meant I/II/III though.

Not just "Destabilizing Resonance Beam II," but all levels of it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »

IT WORKS!

Maintenance ended early and I was able to get in and try it... all of my affected characters are now able to use the manuals... all three ranks... including both previously stored and newly created manuals.

Hopefully the bug is finally dead and will stay that way...

Yup, works again! Can't believe they finally fixed it. :)

I owe you a great debt of gratitude. I had grown bitter myself, and pretty much given up on it, tbh. Kudos for hanging in there with the reports, and constantly badgering them about it!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Jesus! 2.5 years later and they finally fixed it. I never thought I'd see this day.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.