Install Arc
Options

Can't Train Destabilizing Resonance Beam

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Seems to indicate my theory was correct that it's faction-based....

Nah. It's "We don't care" Cryptic based. Trained 2 of my Rom boffs with it; then, one day, a new rom sci officer suddenly couldn't train it any more. And since there's no money in fixing it, they haven't given a TRIBBLE about this in literally years now. For shame; for shame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Nah. It's "We don't care" Cryptic based. Trained 2 of my Rom boffs with it; then, one day, a new rom sci officer suddenly couldn't train it any more. And since there's no money in fixing it, they haven't given a TRIBBLE about this in literally years now. For shame; for shame.

Well yes, but what I meant is, my Klingon faction captains can use it just fine, but every Fed who has it unlocked, can't.

Well yes, but what I meant is, my Romulan faction boffs COULD use just fine... until one day they couldn't. Haven't tried it on my new Klink, though.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

Well yes, but what I meant is, my Klingon faction captains can use it just fine, but every Fed who has it unlocked, can't.

Well yes, but what I meant is, my Romulan faction boffs COULD use just fine... until one day they couldn't. Haven't tried it on my new Klink, though.

I was going by the faction of the captain, not the BOFFs.... as every one of my affected captains can't use the manuals at all, ANY BOFFs, while the others can use them normally on every BOFF.

And the only un-affected captains I have... are all Klingon.

Ah, I see. ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2021

It's the opposite for me. Zero issues on FEDs. All affected are Rom/KDF based.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    deannadarkdeannadark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This issue still exists. I tried to train my Sci Boff for this ability, but I had no results. I crafter training manual, it was located in my inventory, but nothing happened, when I tried to train 2 different Sci Boffs. Please, pay your attention. This bug exists for a long time.
  • Options
    deannadarkdeannadark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello again.

I did some research and I think I found the cause of this bug that I was reporting.
    This problem happened with my first character created in 2015. About a year ago, I completed all the specializations of this character, from Commando to Temporal Operative. In this way, my character is, as it were, "completed". She is still gaining experience, but she is no longer gaining specialization points. I think there are a lot of such characters, given the fact that people have been playing for 10 or more years.
    Previously, the same character had problems getting Dilithium for completing tasks, but I didn't report this, because the amount of Dilithium was small.
    I tested the same manual with my other characters, and another character (not "completed") successfully trained his officer to get this skill. Please tell the development team to check how the system perceives such "completed" characters, because I have a feeling that the system was not designed for such a quick completion of all specializations by one character, and no longer perceives this character as active. Thanks for attention.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Issue still exists for me also. I can sometimes train older characters, sometimes not. Cannot confirm regarding specializations because both older and newer characters are all fully specialized and it doesn't seem to matter.
  • Options
    I'd have trouble finding it but some dev at some point said they were "unable to reproduce" the bug on their end. Which is hard to believe since they have full access to my account at the name of the affected characters. I don't know about you but once they say they're unable to reproduce the bug, that's dev speak for giving up and moving on.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    I'd have trouble finding it but some dev at some point said they were "unable to reproduce" the bug on their end. Which is hard to believe since they have full access to my account at the name of the affected characters. I don't know about you but once they say they're unable to reproduce the bug, that's dev speak for giving up and moving on.

Well, they didn't say that. The less-helpful GM (the same one who previously "thanked me for my patience") simply said that it was a known bug that had already been referred to the developers as they are unable to fix it on an individual basis. (And again "thanked me for my patience", without informing me when or if that is supposed to end.)

Kudos for hanging in there, trying to get it resolved. Thing just is, they don't give a TRIBBLE -- and haven't for the last 2 years. The bottom line with them is always the bottom line: is there money in fixing it? And will we lose money if we don't fix it? Sadly, the answer to both is No.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User

Usually when they say they are unable to reproduce the bug, it does not meant that the bug does not exist or that they are giving up and moving on. It can also mean that they are not able to reproduce the bug internally. With that said I will be glad for westmetals' sake when this bug is finally fixed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It's clearly not a money maker since it's a mission reward boff power. And it's obvious that money making things are prioritized when it comes to bugs. Still, I wish I had access to it on my affected characters. But since it's been literally years now, I've learned to live without DRB.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Still it would be nice to see them resolve this.
    0zxlclk.png