test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question regarding ability to skit cutscenes

accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
I know that some of them can't be skipped by anyone, but riddle me this: My best friend and I frequently team up to knock out missions together. HE can skip almost ANY cutscene, and I can NOT. Can anyone explain why that is?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    If it is skippable... escape key?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    It's either ESC or Spacebar that allows skipping cutscenes but the game is rather inconsistent on what is and isn't allowed to be skipped.
  • Options
    Sorry guys, guess I should've been more descriptive. I'm aware that the ESC or Spacebar will skip the cutscene. It's this "inconsistency" that I'm wondering about. Let's take last night for example. The mission that my friend and I were running was "Dust to dust". That one has a fair amount of cutscenes. Now I had already played this mission several times with the character I was in at the time. But for some reason, my best friend COULD skip ALL of the cutscenes, but I couldn't. Didn't matter WHAT key I hit, or how many times I hit it. He and I were working on the Iconian War arc, and it was the same thing. He could skip any cutscene that popped up, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me skip any of them. So that's my issue...
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    It might have something to do with who is team leader, the game has some weird quirks in team mode.
  • Options
    New
    Romulus
    Every
    Time
    !!!!

There's a solution for THAT :) Depending on your faction, you'll need to talk to the Romulan Ambassador wherever she may be, and get the "offer to help out..." or something to that extent...BEFORE you go to New Romulus. Otherwise you'll get that cutscene every time you beam down.
  • Options
    It might have something to do with who is team leader, the game has some weird quirks in team mode.

Hmm...I will have to experiment with that. I do know that I was NOT team leader for the missions we were doing last night.
This discussion has been closed.