test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The end of an era, Stan Lee gone at 95 :(

allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Ten Forward
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

Sad to say the reason many of us like what we like in here, whether you're DC, Marvel or whatever else is out there. You knew who he was and loved everything he did. Got a chance to meet him at the Comicon here in Kansas City a few years back. Didn't get to talk to him but was something I won't forget. Good bye sir, you are forever a legend. Excelsior! *salute* o7 :(
Post edited by allyoftheforce on

Comments

• sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    May the Legend that is Stan Lee ascend to the Heavens and rest in peace.

- RIP Stan Lee (1922-2018)
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Assuming that an afterlife does exist, then I am certain that he is creating new stories. Creativity won't be stopped by death. It would be interesting to see what Mozart, Beethoven, Shakespeare, Picasso, etc have come up with after their deaths. The only problem is that we will have to wait for the next stage of existence to experience Stan Lee's new stories.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Growing up, Spider-Man was a massive part of my childhood (and I still make the time for every new Spider-Man film, and try to watch the shows where I can). Still can't believe that the man largely responsible (alongside Steve Ditko and others) for such a large part of my life is gone. RIP Stan Lee. The world will always need heroes.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    He showed us that even despite your flaws you can still be a hero.

Excelsior!
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Growing up, Spider-Man was a massive part of my childhood (and I still make the time for every new Spider-Man film, and try to watch the shows where I can). Still can't believe that the man largely responsible (alongside Steve Ditko and others) for such a large part of my life is gone. RIP Stan Lee. The world will always need heroes.

Greatly agreed! I too have read my share of Marvel comics over the years, from the late 70s onward. I imagine a good number of us have read a Marvel comic at one point or another.

Rest in peace, Stan. Excelsior!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Sad to see him gone, but 95 years is not a bad age to reach. Of course, there could always be more.

This one amuses me:

Dorn is beaming in late for the photo, though.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20160528094641
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)