test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fresh Install Won't Start

Hello,

I reimaged my PC, Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates and drivers. I installed STO from the DVD and when I tried to launch it nothing happens. It is excluded from the AV and it appears in the task manager as running but after a half hour nothing has still happened.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    dozeball#9196 dozeball Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    aoav160 wrote: »
    Hello,

I reimaged my PC, Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates and drivers. I installed STO from the DVD and when I tried to launch it nothing happens. It is excluded from the AV and it appears in the task manager as running but after a half hour nothing has still happened.

Thank you.

I have had the exact same problem during my reinstall attempts over the last few days.

I suspect that the old launcher no longer works for one reason or another, because both the Steam and Arc (*gag*) versions launch perfectly.

I have tried running the old launcher in Windows XP & 7 compatibility modes, running as administrator, and get the same nothingness...My GUESS is that the old launcher is trying to connect to a server or address that no longer exists.

If anyone can dispute this, or assist in resolving this strange nothingness, we'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    My GUESS is that the old launcher is trying to connect to a server or address that no longer exists.
    This would make sense - the old DVD installs are probably trying to find "startrekonline.com" or some other such address that now redirects to arcgames.com.
    However, the old DVD installers are outrageously out of date by now too.
    I'd suggest download & install Steam/Arc and get the installation from there.
    Then copy the install folder somewhere and uninstall Steam/Arc if you don't want them.
    Then create a shortcut to the game in the place you copied it to.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/