What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WAR

13»

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    KDF are the Fed's and Romulans b*tches... It's just the natural order.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Agreed. The majority of the playerbase are probably like me, who come on and do whatever. Dil farming, missions, the occassional RA or Event or both. PvP is about as far from what I want to do as the east is from the west. Do I want them to completely get rid of it? No. I just don't want it forced on me while I'm moseying around sector space.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    patrickngo wrote: »
    and that's assuming Cryptic hired someone who understood what they were doing and didn't view the mere concept with contempt...and it assumes said magical unicorn **** person didn't look at what they've done, submit a resignation immediately, and flee as fast as they could to literally anywhere else in the industry.

latest?cb=20120507021217
    They'd probably look like this after taking one look at the code. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    By the way, this thread seems to be invisible in General Discussion

For some reason it's showing up all the way at the bottom of page 1 in General Discussion for me, despite you having just commented in it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the stupid new downvote system.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    By the way, this thread seems to be invisible in General Discussion

For some reason it's showing up all the way at the bottom of page 1 in General Discussion for me, despite you having just commented in it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the stupid new downvote system.

That is correct! The more downvotes a thread and the posts inside get, the further down it is buried regardless of how new replies it gets. People are going to a person's profile and downvoting their entire post history to basically sink anyting poisted by certain users as well. This whole system is broken!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    > @jcsww said:
    > kyle223cat wrote: »
    >
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > By the way, this thread seems to be invisible in General Discussion
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > For some reason it's showing up all the way at the bottom of page 1 in General Discussion for me, despite you having just commented in it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the stupid new downvote system.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is correct! The more downvotes a thread and the posts inside get, the further down it is buried regardless of how new replies it gets. People are going to a person's profile and downvoting their entire post history to basically sink anyting poisted by certain users as well. This whole system is broken!

If true that goes way beyond trolling. Anyone doing such should recieve at least a temporary forum ban.

The following post by a moderator can be found over in the Trying Out Reactions thread.
    I'm not seeing any reports generated off of any of these "reactions". The only thing I've noticed is that down voting is "sinking" threads, a power that only mods had before. Effectively driving a thread to the bottom even if it remains active. This is problematic for mods because, now, we have to hunt for active threads rather than them "rising" to the top.

Others are already finding that certain people are going out of their way to go to a users profile and downvote their entire post history. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any abuse policy or notification for this type of behavior.
This discussion has been closed.