test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh sweet jeebus...AGE OF DISCOVERY?!!!

talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
Why in the name of all that is holy would you bring that dumpster fire of a series to STO?!!!

Bad enough the Discovery and Shenzou came in, but now a whole story arc?!

Yes I am one of those which abhors TRIBBLE. Makes Divide at Imperia look like freaking Shakespeare!

God...I swear Gene Roddenberry is looking down at us and hanging his head over that perversion of his dream.

Not that DS9 wasn't(I love DS9 BTW, but let's be real, Gene would of hated it) but TRIBBLE, sorry from the aesthetic, to the protagonist advocating for SHOOTING first with zero provocation given....yeah....

Not a big fan of TRIBBLE and I never will. Rather Orville do a cross over than TRIBBLE.

Unless the rewards are outstanding for that little jaunt...count me out.
afMSv4g.jpg
Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1

Comments

• Options
    soapbucketsoapbucket Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I for one am simply going to pretend the story arc does not exist like I pretend TRIBBLE does not exist (whilst acknowledging this may well put me into the same camp of people who said there is no true Trek without Kirk, Spock and Bones), and merely hope whatever STO does with it is self-contained enough so it does not taint all/most future content following it.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ehh, ok... see you there then!! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    you must talk to dead or something to tell use what would and what would gene roddenberry not like...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Well... People said the same about TNG, DS9, Voy and Enterprise...

All very fine series with interesting stories...

Cool down... enjoy the content
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of TRIBBLE but if they put it in I wonder if the first episode will be free and the others behind a Zen pay wall like CBS did with the episodes? That'd be interesting.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    matthewr1990matthewr1990 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    Does this story addon also add the ships to buy or are they still stuck inside lockboxes? also why not try Netflix, pay a monthly fee and get all the episodes you want.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Gets really tiresome when the same crowd of whiners turn up to hate on everything that gets announced.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of TRIBBLE but if they put it in I wonder if the first episode will be free and the others behind a Zen pay wall like CBS did with the episodes? That'd be interesting.

How many missions have you payed for...

Cryptic understands how to make money... Locking missions behind money, does not make money...

Frankly, I find the suggestion silly.
    Does this story addon also add the ships to buy or are they still stuck inside lockboxes? also why not try Netflix, pay a monthly fee and get all the episodes you want.

Not for those who live the the US...

Fortunally... I don't :)
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Finally the forums are interesting again, my popcorn needed salt thanks
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Finally the forums are interesting again, my popcorn needed salt thanks

Do you have beer?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    [Mod Hat] Mindless rageposting and mostly off-topic for this subforum. There's also already a main thread for this in Galactic News Network and this is already starting to turn into a flame war, so we're done here. [/Mod Hat]

si2w6.jpg
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.