test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating a texture

This is the error code I keep getting. I've searched everywhere for a solution. I've removed program's to free up VM. My current memory is 8.00GB (3.19GB usable). My paging file size is currently 3217mb.

My OS is 32 bit. There is no option in the launcher to use a 32 bit system. I waited after Engage popped up to check it in options but it's not available for some reason. Here is my DxDiag:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/10/12 18:56:59 Ver: 06.07
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3272MB RAM
Page File: 3572MB used, 2968MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    D3D out of memory is specific to your video card and has nothing to do with how much system memory you have, unless you are using an onboard video with shared memory that is.

I had that same error for a while and eventually tracked it down to the fact that my system was trying to use my on board video to run STO, where in STO, my game config was set to use my Nvidia card instead. Using safe mode and setting STO to use my on board chip got rid of the error...and then I finally found how to get the system to let me use my Nvidia card for STO, still no problems as system, and STO are both configured for the same video.

As for the 32 bit option in the launcher, since you are using a 32 bit OS, it defaults to 32 bit and removes the option for using 32bit/64bit. Just like a while back when you could still use DX9, the game option for DX10/11 would not even show up unless your system supported it.

If you actually provide the Manufacturer and Model info for your system, along with what type video it has someone might be able to give some help.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    queeniliciousqueenilicious Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply! I've tried running in Safe Mode and the same thing happens. This is my video card info:

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_844D1043&REV_09
    Display Memory: 1635 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 256 MB
    Shared Memory: 1379 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: HP LE1901w
    Monitor Id: HWP2842
    Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: igdumd32.dll,igd10umd32.dll,igd10umd32.dll
    Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.4229 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.17.10.4229
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/1/2015 21:01:18, 11223896 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4242-11CF-7663-47A4B7C2C435}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x0102
    SubSys ID: 0x844D1043
    Revision ID: 0x0009
    Driver Strong Name: oem7.inf:Intel.Mfg:iSNBD0:9.17.10.4229:pci\ven_8086&dev_0102
    Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

My PC is a ZooStorm 9888-9022 Penitum
  • Options
    Luckily the PC model helped. According to the specs you are running Intel® HD Graphics 510. Others running that might be able to give specific pointers.

1. I would start here, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005510/graphics-drivers.html
    Download and install the Driver and Support Assistant, run that and let it find/install the latest drivers.

2. Although this next link does no good until you can actually get into the game, once you do, go here https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/GameSelectedCPUSearch/Index/12480

Go ahead and run the autodetect system, yes, you'll have to install their little program to do it but go ahead. It will then show you the optimal settings for running STO using your graphics chip. I hate to say it, but you likely won't be happy with what it tells you as most settings will likely be recommended to be set to low/off.

Did some digging and although the user manual for your system says i might have a dedictaed graphics card, everything else states that none of those models come with a dedicated graphics card so.....

You have expansion slots available, according to the specs you have
    1 x PCI-e 3.0/2.0 x16 Slot
    2 x PCI-e 2.0 x1 Slots

The best thing you can do is to go buy a dedicated graphics card. Why Zoostorm would make and sell a system with 8GB ram but preload 32b Win that can only use 4GB is beyond me. Currently your system is only using 4GB out of that 8GB and it's sharing that 4GB with your on chip graphics. Even if you get STO running, STO, and most other graphics intensive games, will not run very well on your current set up.

Pick up a dedicated graphics card with as much Vram as you can afford but definitely no less than 2GB, and you will definitely not regret it
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    My graphics card is up to date. I am going to install Windows 64 bit and will look to get a new graphics card with a min vram of 2gb. I'm just hoping this sorts it out!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Installing a 64-bit version of Windows will definitely help.

The reason why you were getting the error is because the 32-bit version of Windows will only recognize up to 4GB of RAM... even if you have more than that installed. It is a limitation of a 32-bit OS (operating system). Actual RAM available to Windows will be less than 4GB because the laptop must use some of that RAM to address (recognize and interact with) all the hardware components within the laptop. So... Windows has about 3.3GB of RAM available to it

That means the 3.3GB of RAM is going to be used by Windows, any programs you have running (like STO) and the Intel integrated graphics core. That is not a lot of RAM for playing games especially since the integrated Intel HD 510 needs to use system RAM. Installing a 64-bit version of Windows means all of the 8GB of RAM can be recognized and probably around 7.3GB will be available to Windows.

Since you bought a new GPU (hopefully something like a GTX 1050), then you will definitely see a performance improvement.
  • Options
    I finally have gameplay. I updated to windows 10 32 bit then fresh installed Windows 10 64bit...sorted the problem! Thanks for all your help guys!
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Just a tip for anyone, when you install any windows version, it is always recommended to install a 64 bit version. That way if you plan on going beyond 4gb of ram. This is due to the fact that 32 bit can only be upgraded to 32 bit so like the situation above, you have to re-install windows, this is not an option. This goes for linux operating systems as well.
  • Options
    That's awesome news queen, hope to see you in the game now.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png