test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How did we go from over 30 episodes for an expansion to 6?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I REALLY don't want to see this thread closed, so please, I beg you

GWAAj06.jpg

If you want to argue about Discovery there's at least one open thread for the show in Ten Forward.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Can someone explain something to me? We have a discussion that's been ongoing for half a month. Suddenly on the last page a FEW people go off topic, and suddenly those FEW people potentially have the power to get the thread closed? WTH kind of precedent is that? Does that mean if I post a thread someone doesn't like for (reason) they can get a few friends to post a few off topic comments and get my thread closed? Why would you close a thread with an ongoing discussion rather than just remove the offending posts?
  • Options
    widlast#3003 widlast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The number of episodes is not really what bothered me with this "expansion", but the fact that I went from 60 to 65 just completing Admiralty and BOff missions before I even looked at the episode list for the first time. From chat I was not the only one. That made it feel like just more of the same as I was doing the days before the expansion and the days after it launched. Also no I did not have or use any XP increases of any type.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    One full spread of Admiralty Assignments (8), including a Tour of Duty or so and full load of Doff Assignments (20 or more) would easily get you from 60 to 65+. No boosts needed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    My only complaint is the newest episode finished the Hur'q arc. But I am sure there are more Gamma Quadrant episodes coming. Gotta find new Khitomer after all.

Only 2 real complaints was no Sisko(but I knew that was likely to never happen) and no Dax while she's mentioned twice by Bashir. Would of loved to see the Aventine.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    For all the people parroting "quality over quanity", I have 1 very simple question for you:

What is the minimum number of missions you would accept for an "expansion"?

From LOR until now, STO's expansions are shrinking at an exponential rate. If the trend continues, the next expansion would have even less than 6 missions. Again, what is the absolute minimum amount of missions an "expansion" could have before "quality over quantity" just doesn't work anymore?

If that is the case, make the story longer in the shorter eps, then.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    So long as this isn't the last time i see my favorite Cardassian tailor again ill be happy.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok