test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Victory is Life: The Search

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
In Episode 3 of #VictoryisLife, team up with Elim Garak, Kira Nerys and Odo to take part in The Search, and protect the Gamma Quadrant from the Hur'q!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10904643

Comments

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A good trio to team-up with for sure.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    wasn't this the name of the two-parter that immediately followed The Jem'Hadar at the end of DS9's second season?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Great to see Garak in action.

Is the plan to release all of the new mission plots prior to release? Seems we are going to know what we will be doing in each chapter of Victory is Life before we have an official launch date or new ship stats.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    And you announce this just 24 hours after the last blog, where it says "rescue an old friend", as if to try and hint at something special.

GEE, I WONDER WHO CAN IT BE! I'M SURE FOR IN A SURPRISE TO PLAY THESE EPISODES NOW!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I enjoy these teasers. However, I agree that reading them in such quick succession before launch is spoiling much of the story ahead. I hope this marketing plan works as intended.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I wonder if we will know how the war will end, before we know what date it is going to start.
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    And Another Mission Title teaser?!

To be honest i don't care for those until the Expansion is live and i can actualy play the missions.
    Throwing out Titles and involved Cast for those missions is like spoilers not everyone appreciates the idea.

How about disclosing the Ship stats for the Gamma pack the one that is been sold via pre order for weeks now without People actualy knowing what they buy beyond fancy ship names and some screenshots without a sense of scale.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i'm also more concerned with ship stats at this point than the reveals. that leaves 3 days left in the week where it can come and if the stats aren't in one of those days? the starter pack if off the list. i mentioned this a few weeks ago.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    "Odo’s fleet is small and spread thin."

Sounds like the Dominion converted to Starfleet fleet reductions prematurely... I get from the last fiction post that Odo may have been hiding the nature of the war from the founders, so one of two things in my mind:

1) It's just Odo's part of the fleet that is small and spread thin, or

2) The Dominion's last ships with Odo are small and spread thin.

Either way, doesn't really bode well that a new Jem'Hadar spawned at level 60 will become a new warlord killing thousands of ships like our Fed characters have over their time in-game. Just hope Dominion stays its own faction and doesn't start an embassy fleet project on their soil, or allow any long-term presence for Alpha/Beta quadrant fleets.

A DS9 or Bajoran holding perhaps, but as the Bajorans wanted Bajor for Bajorans, I think Gamma for Dominion myself...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    "Odo’s fleet is small and spread thin."

Sounds like the Dominion converted to Starfleet fleet reductions prematurely... I get from the last fiction post that Odo may have been hiding the nature of the war from the founders, so one of two things in my mind:

1) It's just Odo's part of the fleet that is small and spread thin, or

2) The Dominion's last ships with Odo are small and spread thin.

Perhaps both. Odo could of been given a token fleet of ships to keep him happy so the other founders don't have to keep stonewalling him over the operational details of the Dominion. He probably spread it thin because he has little other choice with the Hur'q closing in, especially if Odo knows the exact details of the war and what is currently going on inside the Dominion.

At one point it may have been a larger fleet and the majority of the fleet has been frittered away to the Hur'q invasion, but then again it may have always been that size and the fleet is there for Odo's protection. That fleet could be an elite guard if you like: better trained; better equipped; better everything. If the Dominion is losing that badly that elite personal forces are needed..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.