test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to Saavik?

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
she should still be around.. and it wuold be cool to have either Kristy Alley or Robin Curtis do voiceovers
We Want Vic Fontaine

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    You're assuming nothing happened to her between 2286 and 2409...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Wasn't she imprisoned for treason against the Federation and crimes against the Empire?
  • Options
    I think that's Valeris you're thinking of.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    so she should still be around......
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    Maybe, maybe not. 123 years is a long time to go without being killed, assimilated or going MIA.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    In theory, she could still be alive. I mean Spock was alive well into the latter half of the 24th Century.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    She became a Vulcan Extremist spy and was captured and imprisoned by Vulcan Authorities (see TNG: "Gambit Part II") ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    that wasn't saavik; MA says nothing about her appearing in gambit​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    She became a Vulcan Extremist spy and was captured and imprisoned by Vulcan Authorities (see TNG: "Gambit Part II") ;)
    That WAS Robin Curtis... but the character she played was T'Paal...

Which reminds me... she had forehead ridges.... even though she was Vulcan.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    As noted, canonically, we don't know: she simply disappears from canon after Star Trek IV. However, some of Pocket Books' novels state she was an admiral circa the loss of the Enterprise-C. And being a Vulcan, it's easy enough for her to still be alive as of STO.

Oh, and she was also carrying Spock's child as of Star Trek IV courtesy of the Genesis Planet pon farr (it was supposed to have been implied by an exchange between her and Kirk before she got off the HMS Bounty at Vulcan, but the scene was cut) and eventually married him.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I'm willing to say that with Saavik being a Vulcan/Romulan (and therefore probably too impulsive for her own good), along with whatever havoc the Genesis Effect played with her biology (especially if she did wind up with Spock's kid from that Pon Farr) means that despite the fact that she could be Admiral T'Nae's contemporary, she most likely didn't make it all the way to 2409.

Though yeah, some sort of "shout out" to her would be nifty, even if it's a throwaway line in "Path to 2409" or a reference to her works by somebody in a mission somewhere...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    dareau wrote: »
    along with whatever havoc the Genesis Effect played with her biology...

I don't think Genesis did anything to her. Its not like the planet was radiating Metaphasic Radiation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    dareau wrote: »
    along with whatever havoc the Genesis Effect played with her biology...

I don't think Genesis did anything to her. Its not like the planet was radiating Metaphasic Radiation.

Even if it was, Spock was down there for weeks longer and yet he lived for over a century afterward. And he's half-human, not half of a Vulcan subspecies.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Exactly. Saavik was not down there very long herself. Not only that, the reason Spock was affected was because he was dropped down there shortly after the planet formed, and there was still a LOT of energy. By the time the Grissom got there the energy probably calmed down to the point it couldn't affect complex lifeforms. The bacteria on the casing, on the other hand, was still in supercharged evolution state, hence why we see two different kinds of lifeforms around it at different times. The... ray looking things when the Grissom away team finds it, and the eel things when the Klingons get there.