test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans, Fly the Ships of Your Allies!

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Honestly i dont see a reason for this for the romulans. They already have a large amount of ships, they do not need access to the other factions. The JH dont even need this as they will launch with the same amount that the roms did, give them access up to T5 of other factions and they are fine. The romulans 100% dont need this at this point.

the reason is quite simple, cryptic now has a excuse to not make romulan ships, cause they can just use the fed/kdf ships. that is the only reason for this anyone who says otherwise is lying.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Kinda of amazing how, despite the fact that they get access to 99% of ships in the game, the Romulan players are STILL complaining about this being a bad thing for them, and how the Federation somehow beats then out.

I am only for this decision if the Federation and Klingons get the same unrestricted access that the Romulans are getting.

Fair proposition, but one must look from all angles: no one single way to play this game that makes it "right." Existing Fed-Aligned Romulans are receiving major buffs (ships, ship traits, admiralty cards, possibly consoles and console set bonuses if they are unlocked to port on rom variants like the vestas). This relates to in-game power. Existing Romulans are losing the little bit of faction identity they actually had (apart from KDF/Fed alliances) because in addition to the alien ships (watering down all factions) and Fed/KDF specialty ships like the Sarcophagus and Crossfield, copy-paste stats like the T5&T6 Sci & Destroyer Timeships, they now will see and use both KDF & Fed ships. The only thing left to tell one is Romulan is the little republican logo next to a player's name.

To some like me, who put in tons of resources to enjoy a variety of play styles (3 factions, 3 careers, multiple species, multiple loadouts, multiple ship types) who worked out unique player biographies for soft-role play, it is not about power
    which the Romulans and KDF already have in their own unique ways apart from the federation (singularity abilities, SRO boffs, Scimitars, cloaks of all types, warbird-specialty consoles, ambush bonuses, etc), but faction identity. This impacts my Terrans (federation & my KDF who will no longer be unique - save for the new specialty 'exempt-list' ships which will no doubt grow, but which otherwise still blend in with existing 'allow nearly everything.'

For new players, it is just like Vorwoda said, which is worth quoting in full:
    vorwoda wrote: »
    KDF and Starfleet don't even have access to Rommie Ships or their OP BOff's that can stack up and do massive amounts of damage +10% Crit & +25% Crti Dmg.

But that's what's REALLY going on here! Oh, not with the ships. But with the BOFFs? Heck, yes, the KDF and Starfleet DO...now.

Cryptic isn't really giving Romulans anything. Geko hates us, and the KDF. What's actually being done is completely giving the Romulans TO the Feds.

Roll a Rom, and fly FED ships all the way to endgame...while using a crew of those sweet Rom BOFFs you're going on about. FED ships with ROM crews, that's what the FED players have wanted all along, and now they have it. Oh, sure it says "Romulan" on your character sheet, but who are you trying to kid? The DPS Feddies now have what they want: Fed ships, with Superior Operatives and/or Superior Infiltrators at every station. You can always pretend you're a Vulcan. Heck at that point, you practically are: pointed-eared FED officers. And if you can't stand even that, roll a ROM alien-gen captain, and make it look human. Captain Bob Smith with an all-ROM crew in a Defiant with Battle Cloak.

No, this was a real Trojan Horse, in the original sense - presented as a gift to the Romulans, it's actually the end of any remaining shreds of uniqueness, independence or diversity.

Resistance is futile, we HAVE BEEN assimilated.

But by the Federation.

Surprise.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I just hope we can use Romulan ship skins/color schemes on Fed/KDF ships.
    I wouldn't mind using the Scimitar's blue material on Federation ships.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    Honestly i dont see a reason for this for the romulans. They already have a large amount of ships, they do not need access to the other factions. The JH dont even need this as they will launch with the same amount that the roms did, give them access up to T5 of other factions and they are fine. The romulans 100% dont need this at this point.

the reason is quite simple, cryptic now has a excuse to not make romulan ships, cause they can just use the fed/kdf ships. that is the only reason for this anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Notice the official wording too, "We feel this change opens the options for a Romulan Captain. We’ll still be building more exciting Romulan ships to fly, but now you have even more choices of how to defend the Final Frontier."

It does not say, Romulan ships will continue to be released as usual, or expect exciting Cross-Faction packs to be released as usual, but "still build" as in if they don't really sell as good as the fed ships, we can get away with just a fed ship or a fed-kdf pack.

The precedent is already here: the T5 & T6 Temporal Science vessels and Temporal Destroyers remain copy-paste stats of the federation ships. It was probably the easiest thing to modify some existing code to port in "singularity core," "romulan subsystem power levels," "battle cloaks," "warbird ship masteries," minor tweaks to shield & hull modifiers, and there you have authentic warbirds and Klingon ships.

The same applies to the Tal-Shiar ships, which also lack everything (except basic build-in cloak shared by fed-intel ships), and which are regarded as 'alien' ships that all factions can use.

Also on a side-note, Romulans and KDF factions needed (and were rightfully given) more in-game power in order to attract the clear majority who prefer federation because the IP's own focus is the federation, therefore enticing fed faction players to play outside of the federation, helping the game overall (financially & with active player base) and to allow these other factions to expand (KDF) or to be made in the first place (Romulans), and that they definitely did and am very thankful for as a fed-only game would not be very exciting. Non-feds also have fewer canon things to enjoy purely for cosmetics, so there needed to be a something more (faction-specific gimmicks, slightly different play styles, and slightly more power).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Awesome. It was long overdue, this.
    Kinda of amazing how, despite the fact that they get access to 99% of ships in the game, the Romulan players are STILL complaining about this being a bad thing for them, and how the Federation somehow beats then out.

I am only for this decision if the Federation and Klingons get the same unrestricted access that the Romulans are getting.
    Right. It's a garbage argument anyway. If someone doesn't want to fly an allied ship, they don't have to. I for one definitely do want to stack all the Fed catalog into my admiralty collection if nothing else.

And yes, they should make all ships unrestricted crossfaction next. We're all in this Alliance together.
    nightken wrote: »

Notice the official wording too, "We feel this change opens the options for a Romulan Captain. We’ll still be building more exciting Romulan ships to fly, but now you have even more choices of how to defend the Final Frontier."

It does not say, Romulan ships will continue to be released as usual, or expect exciting Cross-Faction packs to be released as usual, but "still build" as in if they don't really sell as good as the fed ships, we can get away with just a fed ship or a fed-kdf pack.
    Copypasting ships just to have all faction versions of the same builds was silly to begin with. Maybe we'll get more unique ships now. Especially if they unrestrict them for all factions at some point.
    The precedent is already here: the T5 & T6 Temporal Science vessels and Temporal Destroyers remain copy-paste stats of the federation ships. It was probably the easiest thing to modify some existing code to port in "singularity core," "romulan subsystem power levels," "battle cloaks," "warbird ship masteries," minor tweaks to shield & hull modifiers, and there you have authentic warbirds and Klingon ships.
    I had actually expected them to crossfaction the Wells and Mobius, not redo the skinjobs at all, since according to the game storyline none of the K/R versions should even exist.

EDIT: OK just read the post it's sad we don't get to choose the allied version of these box ships, too. Because I'd much prefer the canon Wells to the romulan skinjob.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Im somewhat relieved to see the majority of posts calling this for the BS it is and seeing the reality... Also genuinely surprised.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @lunatic773 said:
    > Khenn as either T5U or T6 for Romulans would be a nice surprise sometime in the future :)

That’s the reason I’m surprised the D7 is on the excluded list.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User

Nah.....just the ones who think the Romulan people should continue the foolish policies of Sela (truly a disgrace to both of the peoples who birthed her) or the treasonous ones of *spits* Hakeev and his Tal Shiar minions. The rest of us look forward to assuming our posts in Starfleet Intelligence, the Federation Diplomatic Corps, and on the bridges of Federation starships....the perfect place from which to save the Federation from it's own naivete (and counter the influence of the thuggish Klingons where necessary).

I'll be rolling a Fed-Rom the moment the Delta Event hits X-Box. My KDF-Rom will just cycle through the upper tier KDF ships for the Admiralty cards and perks,
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Huh, check out those overreactions. (I'll honestly never understand getting that worked up over a game)

Personally.... yeah, it's nice for the Admiralty cards. My Fed/Rom will keep flying her Adapted BC. But this does give a couple more options for my KDF/Rom. (I haven't bought many Rom ships at all, because most of my characters are fed or kdf. Actually, I think the only top-end Rom ships I have are due to buying cross-faction 3packs.)

So basically other than for a handful of ships, why even play anyone else except Romulans for crit stacking?

Because not everyone picks their stuff by min-maxing? (and no, I'm not just talking about RP'ers)

Why do you think the game has a overwhelming amount of Tac players? Because most people care about min/maxing.

Same reason most MMOs are buried in DPS characters, not tanks/healers/support - DPS is easy. Especially when you're not a min-maxer/theorycrafter.

MMOs are full of DPS players - especially bad DPS players. Picking "DPS" spec/class doesn't mean you're Super Pro.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Well not everyone wants to be Federation puppet. You guys can enjoy flying Fed ships and dress in their pyjama uniforms. The only thing Romulan about you at that point is the ears but even then you would be confused of being a pacifist Vulcan.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    Well for me it is. Might only be cosmetic now. But oh well.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Well not everyone wants to be Federation puppet. You guys can enjoy flying Fed ships and dress in their pyjama uniforms. The only thing Romulan about you at that point is the ears but even then you would be confused of being a pacifist Vulcan.

Considering that Cryptic has to deal with the ramifications of JJ Abrams blowing up Romulus because he couldn't write a original story to save his life, I think the RR came out pretty well. While not perfect, the lore they created out of that event at least makes sense. Better to be pulled into the Federation's orbit, than descend into Stupid Evil like the Mirror Universe has.

What amuses me, though, is how certain KDF and Rom fanbois really think Romulan and Klingon culture is so weak that they'll be swallowed up without a trace into the Federation "blob". Hardly. Humans are a lot closer to Romulans and Klingons by nature than they want to admit....and they know it. I think Picard or Janeway would be far more upset by a trip to the 31st Century than Kirk, Archer, or perhaps even Sisko would.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Considering that Cryptic has to deal with the ramifications of JJ Abrams blowing up Romulus because he couldn't write a original story to save his life, I think the RR came out pretty well. While not perfect, the lore they created out of that event at least makes sense. Better to be pulled into the Federation's orbit, than descend into Stupid Evil like the Mirror Universe has.

What amuses me, though, is how certain KDF and Rom fanbois really think Romulan and Klingon culture is so weak that they'll be swallowed up without a trace into the Federation "blob". Hardly. Humans are a lot closer to Romulans and Klingons by nature than they want to admit....and they know it. I think Picard or Janeway would be far more upset by a trip to the 31st Century than Kirk, Archer, or perhaps even Sisko would.

Um, it was TNG you can thank for there being no romulus not JJ. The last episode of TNG 'All Good Things' covered that period of time and it was stated in the show that the RSE was no more, the neutral zone was gone, that the klingons had invaded the former RSE and that the Federation had opposed them leading to war with the klingon empire. JJ simply followed up on that story line by having spock get pulled into the alternate universe leading to the kelvin time line alternate universe.

Now back onto topic, i think romulans getting full fed and kdf ships is a bad move, it utterly destroys the lines between the diff factions leaving little to define them. This will turn romulan into a super faction basicly giving them much more then the other 2, not a good move. I never liked the Feds having more then the KDF, but that was way more balanced then what this will turn into.

I know we dont get a vote, but my personal vote.
    I say no, dont do it. After all its unneeded, the romulans have more then enough ships atm to stand on their own.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I really do want to know what the actual reason to not play Romulans is now. Nothing that either the Klingons and Federation have is exclusive to themselves any more, meanwhile the Romulans have suddenly got more than the both of them combined.

Aside from "But what if you *want* to play as a Klingon", what reason is there?
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Did the Romulans have enough ships before this? Yes and no. I guess you could count the number of ships and argue that they had a fair number, and say "yes". The problem is that every single Romulan ship has a singularity core. That's fine if singularity cores fit your play style. But, if you don't like singularity cores, then you don't get to have a Romulan ship. As a Romulan player who hates singularity cores, my only options were cross faction ships or the recently added Suliban ship. Ok, so Fed and KDF ships are still not Romulan designs, but it at least gives us non-singularity Romulans more options. I really hope this leads to what I have wanted for a long time: a Romulan warbird cruiser with a warp core.
    As a Romulan player I can tell you, we needed the help. Was it too much help? Maybe. Personally, I think Romulans should have at least been given T5-6 versions of everything they we currently had at T1-4. Not to mention, the D7, which the Romulans actually had in TOS.
    I think it's important to note that there is a list of Fed and KDF ships that Romulans do not get to use. This means that any Fed or KDF ship released in the future may also be restricted this way. Sure, the game may favor Romulans for now, but the devs won't keep it that way forever. I don't know how they will shift the balance, but they will find a way. Possibly with new, restricted Fed and KDF ships?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gurluas wrote: »
    When I first started on this game I was really disappointed to find out Romulans would be locked into using Warbirds. I rebelled against that, I wanted to fly a D'kyr. I refused to use Warbirds and instead opted to use a T4.5 Intrepid, that I later updated to a Tier 5 Ambassador when that was made available. The fact that I can finally get to fly a D'kyr on my main is such amazing now, I'm so happy!

My sig has been there since I joined the game, which was shortly after Romulans were released.
    You know that the T6 version of the D'Kyr is a Romulan ship right?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    deathray38 wrote: »

rezking wrote: »
    deathray38 wrote: »
    Could You make all quad-cannons cross-faction then? I wish to use plasma quad cannon on my federation character... If federation content is no longer exclusive to federation, then it is logical to give us something in return

Funny.
    It's because of Fed whine that faction diversity was sacrificed.

If anything, faction diversity should be:
    1. story-based (now non existant - except few missions all factions work together on everything)
    2. battlezone-based (now non existant - factions fight together as allies nearly everywhere)
    3. design-based (non existant... 99.9% of content [weapons, equipment, traits, reputations, officers, DOFFs] are cross-faction already, and ships differences are mostly cosmetic... and now most of ships will be cross faction too)

So is entire "faction diversity" concept in current release of STO is based on not allowing me to use quad plasma on federation ship? Is this one thing REALLY going to change anything in terms of faction diversity?

Yup...that whine.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I really hope this leads to what I have wanted for a long time: a Romulan warbird cruiser with a warp core.
    The thing is, Singularity Core has been part of the Romulans ship identity.

If the ship has not Singularity Core, then the ship isn't a Romulan Warbird.

What I'm more concerned is this question I fear to answer.

Is there any point in playing a Fed or KDF toon? I dread that answer is No.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If this turns out to be an excuse to not make a Romulan ship for multi-ship packs, I'm going to be *livid*. >:C
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I really hope this leads to what I have wanted for a long time: a Romulan warbird cruiser with a warp core.
    The thing is, Singularity Core has been part of the Romulans ship identity.

If the ship has not Singularity Core, then the ship isn't a Romulan Warbird.

What I'm more concerned is this question I fear to answer.

Is there any point in playing a Fed or KDF toon? I dread that answer is No.

I disagree. Perhaps, to you, it's not the same, and I respect that. But if you take the phasers and photon torpedoes off of a Galaxy class cruiser and put in plasma weapons, it's still a Galaxy class cruiser. If you take the stock engine out of a Volkswagen and put in an American engine, it's still a Volkswagen. When the British took the stock engine out of a P-51 Mustang and put in a Spitfire engine, it was still a P-51 Mustang. If you prefer, we can agree to disagree, and I'll change the wording of what you quoted. I have always wanted a T6 ship that looks like a Romulan warbird and in every way, to me, feels like a Romulan warbird, but has a warp core and can tank like a real cruiser. Or, maybe what I want is a Reman warbird cruiser with a warp core. Looking at the story, or canon, of STO and the way D'Tan has been pushing for reunification, as well as cooperation with Feds and KDF, it just doesn't make sense to me that we have yet to see a Romulan (or Reman?) warbird/ship with a warp core.
    > @jrdobbsjr#3264 said:
    > terranempire#7881 wrote: »
    >
    > Well not everyone wants to be Federation puppet. You guys can enjoy flying Fed ships and dress in their pyjama uniforms. The only thing Romulan about you at that point is the ears but even then you would be confused of being a pacifist Vulcan.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Considering that Cryptic has to deal with the ramifications of JJ Abrams blowing up Romulus because he couldn't write a original story to save his life, I think the RR came out pretty well. While not perfect, the lore they created out of that event at least makes sense. Better to be pulled into the Federation's orbit, than descend into Stupid Evil like the Mirror Universe has.
    >
    > What amuses me, though, is how certain KDF and Rom fanbois really think Romulan and Klingon culture is so weak that they'll be swallowed up without a trace into the Federation "blob". Hardly. Humans are a lot closer to Romulans and Klingons by nature than they want to admit....and they know it. I think Picard or Janeway would be far more upset by a trip to the 31st Century than Kirk, Archer, or perhaps even Sisko would.

Better stupid evil, then stupid good. Least we look cooler.
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    SOoooooooo.....

Can feds now get superior romulan doffs now?

It's only fair.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    KDF and Starfleet don't even have access to Rommie Ships or their OP BOff's that can stack up and do massive amounts of damage +10% Crit & +25% Crti Dmg.

But that's what's REALLY going on here! Oh, not with the ships. But with the BOFFs? Heck, yes, the KDF and Starfleet DO...now.

Cryptic isn't really giving Romulans anything. Geko hates us, and the KDF. What's actually being done is completely giving the Romulans TO the Feds.

Roll a Rom, and fly FED ships all the way to endgame...while using a crew of those sweet Rom BOFFs you're going on about. FED ships with ROM crews, that's what the FED players have wanted all along, and now they have it. Oh, sure it says "Romulan" on your character sheet, but who are you trying to kid? The DPS Feddies now have what they want: Fed ships, with Superior Operatives and/or Superior Infiltrators at every station. You can always pretend you're a Vulcan. Heck at that point, you practically are: pointed-eared FED officers. And if you can't stand even that, roll a ROM alien-gen captain, and make it look human. Captain Bob Smith with an all-ROM crew in a Defiant with Battle Cloak.

No, this was a real Trojan Horse, in the original sense - presented as a gift to the Romulans, it's actually the end of any remaining shreds of uniqueness, independence or diversity.

But by the Federation.

Surprise.

Who are you trying to kid? Child... You claim to see this as maintaining faction ''uniqueness'' in terms of species, i see this as a Statistical Combat Balance... It's no secret RR BOff's can have space traits up to with 5x Superior Operative + Subterfuge to boost Rommie Characters with a total of +10% Crit Hit, +25% Crit Dmg, +75% Cloak CD time and +12.5 Defense combined... KDF and Fed characters do have the access to Rom BOff's via Fleet Embassy, but those Rom Embassy BOff's space traits compare to their RR BOff's are limited in space trait stacking and are inferior overall. I don't see Geko or his team trying to deal with this issue, and there is no other BOff's in game that can outperform a combined 5x RR BOff's. I see you don't want RR BOff's to be use by KDF or Fed players... interesting enough, Romulan Republic players can use KDF and Fed BOff's, but even though they have access to them, i see they in no rush in using them... being that KDF and Fed BOff's suck in terms space trait performace. Just admit it, you just want to out DPS KDF and Fed players.

I been playing the KDF since the beginning, i know how Cryptic maintain their faction imbalances over the years, when they announced a Romulan faction i was hoping for a Full Playable Romulan Star Empire (Real Romulans) recovering from the ashes, fighting off the traitorous Tai'Shair led by Hakeev, while being hostile towards KE and UFP, only allying with them when needed to fight a common foe... Not some sort of Romulan Republic lapdogs that kneel to their Fed and KDF overlords while licking their boots.

The Real Trojan Horse is giving Fake Rommies more access towards High-End Tier Ships of KDF and Feds... not to mention more consoles from those ships and also more Starships traits to gain which in turn will increase Rommie combat performance compare to that of KDF and Feds even more, while the KDF and Feds will get nothing in return.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    it just doesn't make sense to me that we have yet to see a Romulan (or Reman?) warbird/ship with a warp core.
    Well, we DO have the Silik-class Suliban stealth cruiser....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

But by the Federation.

Surprise.

Who are you trying to kid? Child... You claim to see this as maintaining faction ''uniqueness'' in terms of species, i see this as a Statistical Combat Balance... It's no secret RR BOff's can have space traits up to with 5x Superior Operative + Subterfuge to boost Rommie Characters with a total of +10% Crit Hit, +25% Crit Dmg, +75% Cloak CD time and +12.5 Defense combined... KDF and Fed characters do have the access to Rom BOff's via Fleet Embassy, but those Rom Embassy BOff's space traits compare to their RR BOff's are limited in space trait stacking and are inferior overall. I don't see Geko or his team trying to deal with this issue, and there is no other BOff's in game that can outperform a combined 5x RR BOff's. I see you don't want RR BOff's to be use by KDF or Fed players... interesting enough, Romulan Republic players can use KDF and Fed BOff's, but even though they have access to them, i see they in no rush in using them... being that KDF and Fed BOff's suck in terms space trait performace. Just admit it, you just want to out DPS KDF and Fed players.

I been playing the KDF since the beginning, i know how Cryptic maintain their faction imbalances over the years, when they announced a Romulan faction i was hoping for a Full Playable Romulan Star Empire (Real Romulans) recovering from the ashes, fighting off the traitorous Tai'Shair led by Hakeev, while being hostile towards KE and UFP, only allying with them when needed to fight a common foe... Not some sort of Romulan Republic lapdogs that kneel to their Fed and KDF overlords while licking their boots.

The Real Trojan Horse is giving Fake Rommies more access towards High-End Tier Ships of KDF and Feds... not to mention more consoles from those ships and also more Starships traits to gain which in turn will increase Rommie combat performance compare to that of KDF and Feds even more, while the KDF and Feds will get nothing in return.

First, thank your for that "Child". To be considered youthful is a compliment at my age. For your information, I'm retired, with grandchildren, and was a fan of TOS in its original run. I sincerely doubt you're actually old enough to call me child, but thanks anyway.

Second, like you, I was also hoping for a "Real Romulan" faction, and would have MUCH preferred the RSE to the RR. The reason my Romulan main (KDF-allied, by the way) still flies a T5-U fleet T'Varo instead of the T6 Malem I bought is because you can't use the IRW prefix on the latter, while you can on the former.

Third, your accusation that I want to out DPS anyone is false. I don't honestly CARE about DPS at all. If I did, my main character wouldn't still fly a T5-U. I certainly don't use DPS as some way of keeping score, as you seem to do.

With my Romulan characters, what I DO care about is playing a Romulan, not a human or a Vulcan or a Klingon. I have FED and KDF characters for that. And speaking as a Romulan, I don't want your ships, weapons, consoles, equipment, BOFFs, DOFFs, uniforms, races or traits. I don't want ANYTHING from you or your faction. AND I don't want you to have anything of ours. Not because of DPS. I don't care if your BOFFs are worse than ours or your Warp Cores better. I don't care if you have better consoles or weapons or traits. As a Romulan, I just want to be Romulan.

Re-read my first post at the top of this thread (right after the good Ambassador's). I wouldn't be caught dead flying a FED ship as a Romulan (except for Temporal Ambassador, where I didn't have a choice. Fortunately, that was in an alternate timeline, so it never really happened). :) So much for wanting to out DPS anyone.

What I was trying to point out is that, in effect, what this is doing is giving our BOFFs to you. No, not the crappy and limited Embassy ones, but the full range. All you have to do is what I said in my previous post, and you'll be flying a FED ship with SRO's all over the place, which is what you've been whining about.

We Romulans lose what little is left of our cultural identity, so you can get a few more bonuses. You win. Yay for you.

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    With my Romulan characters, what I DO care about is playing a Romulan, not a human or a Vulcan or a Klingon. I have FED and KDF characters for that. And speaking as a Romulan, I don't want your ships, weapons, consoles, equipment, BOFFs, DOFFs, uniforms, races or traits. I don't want ANYTHING from you or your faction. AND I don't want you to have anything of ours. Not because of DPS. I don't care if your BOFFs are worse than ours or your Warp Cores better. I don't care if you have better consoles or weapons or traits. As a Romulan, I just want to be Romulan.

I wouldn't be caught dead flying a FED ship as a Romulan

We Romulans lose what little is left of our cultural identity, so you can get a few more bonuses. You win. Yay for you.

soooo much this
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2018
    Yea I also think this is GREAT news, mostly for new players, as they hope to get started.

I don't think this will really add or enhance, that much for long time players... still there's nothing to complain about this change, cause it simply provides more flexibility. It will add a few more Admiralty ships to your Romulan's, so it isn't really much different than how KDF can farm contraband.

It certainly is a nice side benefit! <3 And if your Romulan did need or want a few extra Starship Trait's, now they have a few more good options. Again no down side!

Still I think I'd likely keep most my Romulan's likely flying Romulan Warbird's the vast majority of the time. Riker volunteered for the Officer Exchange program - but a Federation citizen is likely happiest on a Federation Ship, as I suspect a Romulan citizen, would likely be on a Romulan ship...

But this is an important first step to building a strong, trusting & peaceful alliance... if were going to tear down those old walls, cultural barriers, and continue to know our neighbours & strengthen the alliance!
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.