Two Ships Join the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

13»

Comments

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @gespensterjaeger said:
    > ambassadorkael#6946 wrote: »
    >
    > We're adding the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser and the brand new T6 Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier to the Gamma Vanguard Pack! Preorder now to have all this when Victory is Life launches!
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10896344
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > thats all nice and good but what Point is the Carriers if you cannot use the frigate hangar pets on them ?
    >
    > there is no jem hadar attack ship tier 5 nor any other attack ship that unlocks the frigate hangar pets so why should people buy this to only get half the ships ?
    >
    > I Think cryptic can get aloot more customers especially old ones like me if they aktually put some effort and give us the frigate unlocks on this pack i mean 125 euro or 145 euro depending on your Place of purchases and STILL no frigate hangar pets..........
    >
    > Sry cryptic but im not buying this untill the frigate hangars unlock are in the pack as well.

Most people think the T5 Bug ship which enables the frigate pets will be the Jem'hadar Starter ship.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > We're adding the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser and the brand new T6 Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier to the Gamma Vanguard Pack! Preorder now to have all this when Victory is Life launches!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > thats all nice and good but what Point is the Carriers if you cannot use the frigate hangar pets on them ?
    >
    > there is no jem hadar attack ship tier 5 nor any other attack ship that unlocks the frigate hangar pets so why should people buy this to only get half the ships ?
    >
    > I Think cryptic can get aloot more customers especially old ones like me if they aktually put some effort and give us the frigate unlocks on this pack i mean 125 euro or 145 euro depending on your Place of purchases and STILL no frigate hangar pets..........
    >
    > Sry cryptic but im not buying this untill the frigate hangars unlock are in the pack as well.

Most people think the T5 Bug ship which enables the frigate pets will be the Jem'hadar Starter ship.

that doesnt change the fact that it's not available to your fed/kdf/rom toons. you "can" get a T5 bug ship via phoenix box but that's still rng aka gambling and leaving things to chance.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    yeswecant wrote: »
    Well true, T5u ships are somewhat decent, as long as you are not maxing and stuff.
    Also, grinding the dilithium for a T6 ship is an absolute nightmare

lol....how many alts you have?

I go the abbreviated version and ONLY do the admiralty on my 14 toons. Can run through all of them in 30-45 min if I choose too (i.e. am ACTIVELY trying to score dilithium) and them just play my main toons. Or as a lifer, if I know a bunch of my alts have dilithium waiting (say they just completed the klingon or ferengi admiralty or whatever) I don't have to log onto that character for the max 8,000 to be refined (perk for LTS) so I usually stumble across about 1 - 1.5 million dilithium a month.

But also I have a baby so I have long nights where I can't PLAY as much as hold baby and click through admiralty with one hand quietly....lol
  • Options
    yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Currently, I got a total of 7 or so toons.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Asking again, because I still have not seen it answered: how does this work with the pre-existing lockbox/lobi ship boxes? Does someone who already has the Galor unboxed now get that ship on all characters? Does unboxing an existing, unpacked box grant anything?

lol no and why would it anyway?
    tigeraries wrote: »
    lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

that doesnt change the fact that it's not available to your fed/kdf/rom toons. you "can" get a T5 bug ship via phoenix box but that's still rng aka gambling and leaving things to chance.

So they maybe giving players one of the best ships in the game for free and you're upset bc you could only use it on a JM char?
  • Options
    Eeeh, the T6 Jem ships are unlocked for all your toons as soon as you max their ship tiers.
    No clue why bother making a restriction in the first place though.
  • Options
    kdb81kdb81 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    If the jem Battle Bug is there starter ship they may just add it to the other faction's as a dil ship or fleet ship
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    The new Jem Hadar ships look amazing. That is all.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    If my theory is correct and the Galor and Cardassian Intel ships can trade parts the real value of adding the Galor is space Barbie: Cardassian Edition.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Carrier seems interesting, but I need stats if you want my money
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Okay originally it looked the Vanguard pack was made up of effectly 2 three ship bundles, a Cardassian Intel ship bundel and a Jem'hadar Vanguard three ship bundle, plus so former T5U lock box ships.

While the Galor is another T5U ship, the Vanguard Carrier makes 4 Vanguard ships.

Could this be the first of a second Jem'hadar Vanguard Bundle or will outside of the Vanguard Pack, will it be part of a Jem'hadar/KDF/Fed/Rom Carrier bundle given that KDF and Roms still don't have C-Store Carriers?
  • Options
    Took a look at the Vanguard promo pack itself, the Galor is in the exact same pose as the other Cardassian ships and they all seem to have the same basic configuration.

Also it occurs to me that we know that the Jem'hadar Battle ship hasn't been announced yet, but it's in, so that could be the second ship of a second Vanguard Jem'hadar bundle. That leaves the question of what will be the 3rd? Perhaps a none carrier Science/Support Ship?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The Jem carrier really has gotten my attention. The T5 Galor has always been a ship I have wanted as well. Will it be the same BO layout as the lock box Galor? I didn't see an answer mentioning if it unlocked the Spiral Wave Disruptors as well. That would definitely sweeten the deal. STO needs more carriers! What else can you add to make me buy...? How about that Jem'Hadar melee weapon most of us have been wanting forever?!
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    yeswecant wrote: »
    Eeeh, the T6 Jem ships are unlocked for all your toons as soon as you max their ship tiers.
    No clue why bother making a restriction in the first place though.

The entire ships unlock for all chars? I thought just the traits did.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    This ship is for Dominion Captains only initially. It will be outfitted with a Tier 6 Starship Mastery Unlock which enables its use on all other characters on your Account once attained.

This kind of implies that you only need to get its starship mastery to Tier 6 on a dominion toon first, then you can freely give those ships to whatever toon you want.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    > @jcsww said:
    > The Jem carrier really has gotten my attention. The T5 Galor has always been a ship I have wanted as well. Will it be the same BO layout as the lock box Galor? I didn't see an answer mentioning if it unlocked the Spiral Wave Disruptors as well. That would definitely sweeten the deal. STO needs more carriers! What else can you add to make me buy...? How about that Jem'Hadar melee weapon most of us have been wanting forever?!

This T5U Galor Its the exact same ship as was in the original Cardassian lockbox, it got pulled from lockbox and will be part of this pack and most likely added to the C-Store as well. Heck you might even be able to pick it as your free level 61 ship hypothetically.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I don't know why people are always so confused about just about everything. The Galor in this Pack will unlock the Spiral Wave Disruptors in the Dilitium Store. In fact it, like the T6 Keldon from the Lockbox, come equipped with 4 VR Spiral Wave Disruptors to begin with.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I wish spiral waves had an actual spiral looking visual.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I still find this a laughable selling point:

"Three (3) High-End Upgrade Kits

Improve your gear! Turn a Mk XII to a Mk XIII with this High-End Upgrade Kit. *This option un-locks once per account on a character of your choice."

Please tell me that Mk XII to Mk XIII is a typo lol. At least Cryptic recently increased the bonuses of the boosters for scalability. If the latest (2) added ships don't increase sales enough perhaps they could add a couple of more titles to the package as well in case (6) isn't enough fluff.

I also wonder how many glitches these packs might have given the bug-free success of that Elite Starter Pack.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I don't know why people are always so confused about just about everything. The Galor in this Pack will unlock the Spiral Wave Disruptors in the Dilitium Store. In fact it, like the T6 Keldon from the Lockbox, come equipped with 4 VR Spiral Wave Disruptors to begin with.

In my opinion it is this addition of the Galor with it's Spiral Wave Disruptors which adds more value to the pack possibly more than that carrier depending if a player was planning to use it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20151101183347
    YAY! Spiral Waves!
    And BOTH my KDF and Romulans need more Cruisers. They're so frickin' Tac heavy for Admiralty.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The so-called 'High-End' Upgrades, at this point, should be the Ultimate Upgrade Tokens that you get with the 20-Key Ring Bundle. What they will be are the 110k Upgrades that don't even increase the normal chance of a Rarity upgrade. At upper Mk Levels and Rarity you will probably need two (or possibly all three) of them to go up a Level on Ship Weapons.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    The so-called 'High-End' Upgrades, at this point, should be the Ultimate Upgrade Tokens that you get with the 20-Key Ring Bundle. What they will be are the 110k Upgrades that don't even increase the normal chance of a Rarity upgrade. At upper Mk Levels and Rarity you will probably need two (or possibly all three) of them to go up a Level on Ship Weapons.

Gotta agree with that.
    Upgrading something from Mk.XII to Mk.XIII?
    Might as well exclude it from the pack altogether since the amount of normal tech upgrades needed to hit Mk.XIII, even on a rep set item, is negligible, especially during upgrade weekends. Not to mention that people who got a temporal recruit get their rep set items at Mk.XIII UR straight outta the box.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

In my opinion it is this addition of the Galor with it's Spiral Wave Disruptors which adds more value to the pack possibly more than that carrier depending if a player was planning to use it.

Well, cryptic truly does not know what its doing.
    theres so much to consider.. Think about it.. The T5 ships are inaccessible to anyone below lvl 50. that means you spend twenty lvls in a T4 ship ( lvl 30 - lvl 50 ) and those ships are the absolute worst. No one will want to create new characters..
    Cardassians are a playable race! woohoo.. Just like the aliens.. nothing more than a fancy skin to put on someone.. No planet, no history, no purpose.. Theyre less than romulans and will be more ignored than either romulans or klingons. You get a cardy in a fed uniform.. Joy oh joy. What, you thought youd get a cardy uniform?? I highly doubt it.. Klingons cant go to qonos if their fed, and they cant wear aanything klingon.. I doubt cardy's will be different.. Who's going to care?? Cryptic doesnt give a hoot. theyre catering to the few that remain and are doing nothing to bring in new business.. I realize that neverwinter is their flagship product now, but they seem to be purposely trying to kill STO.
    I WILL be buying the pack, but only because i'm the eternal optimist, hoping against hope that i'm wrong, but so far i never have been..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    So let me get this straight.

If I buy this pack I won't be able to use the Jemhadar ships on my main untill I finish their masteries on a new Jemhadar character, is this right?

I think this should be reevaluated as I don't think the Jemhadar are greater than any other species, I'm sure I'm not alone.

I don't mind giving you money, but you shouldn't restrict my choices based on forced metrics.
  • Options
    mrtokenmrtoken Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I really don't think the t5 bug will be part of the pack or a "starter" ship. The bug is still part of a current re-run promo pack (phoenix) where the other t5 lockbox/lobi ships have not been part of a active/current promo for a very long time.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    I think this should be reevaluated as I don't think the Jemhadar are greater than any other species,

I don't either, but as there isn't any stat boost for T5 mastery... there won't be any stat boost for the T6 mastery account unlock. And frankly... this is an interesting take on making ships available for other factions outside of the Dominion. It was either that or total faction lock to Dominion alone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Um, what?

I just want to play with the Jemhadar ships I bought on my main instead of having to advance through their masteries on a new Jemhadar character first.

Perhaps they should cut the price in half seeing I have to carry their metrics for them just to use the ships I paid for on my favorite character.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Um, what?

I just want to play with the Jemhadar ships I bought on my main instead of having to advance through their masteries on a new Jemhadar character first.

Perhaps they should cut the price in half seeing I have to carry their metrics for them just to use the ships I paid for on my favorite character.

Your going to have to max them out on a Jm char first.