test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play as a Cardassian when Victory is Life Launches!

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One of the most requested races in Star Trek Online history - the Cardassians, will finally be playable with the launch of Victory is Life!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824

I hope that if there's a tutorial involved (like the Romulan Republic one), I hope that Garak will play a part in it :smiley:
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @schloopdoo said:
    > There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe

It took me awhile to realize you we're refering to the Kardassians.

Keeping up with the Kardassians!
  • captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    My question is this: will this also include Cardassian Bridge Officers so that we won't have to make "alien" Bridge Officers into Cardassians?
    zv66x44hmssm.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    captainrc1 wrote: »
    My question is this: will this also include Cardassian Bridge Officers so that we won't have to make "alien" Bridge Officers into Cardassians?

Good question, I would not not mind a Cardassian on my Terran Empire crew as an unranked slave
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
      szim wrote: »
      I wish they would introduce a species respec token with Victory is Life. I would like to turn by alien Cardassian into a proper Cardassian.

^THIS PLEASE.
    • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
      I wish they would introduce a species respec token with Victory is Life. I would like to turn by alien Cardassian into a proper Cardassian.

^THIS PLEASE.

Nope. Its never going to happen as it isn't even remotely technically feasible
    • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
      edited April 2018
      winters83 wrote: »
      FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!

I think it's not a biological pattern color indicating gender as much as it is a fashion statement. So who are we to say that this particular Cardassian want to have that blue part? Or maybe this Cardassian is transgendered? Either way, it's their choice.
      Will we be getting the Cardassian uniforms? That is really my only concern. After that, I am cool with Playable Cardassians being allied with Fed/KDF. Admittedly, I would have rather had a Cardassian Union faction, but I can live without it, if I get their uniforms for my Cardassian.

I hope that too and that we will get some better hair options then the current "balding" one the Cardassian in this picture is using.
    • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
      nommo#5819 wrote: »
      For the BOFF concerns I'm sure Cryptic will offer us some sort of Cardassian "Tovan".

You can have my Tovans. I've been trying to airlock them since LoR with no luck! So be careful what you wish for...
      shadowkosh wrote: »
      schloopdoo wrote: »
      There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe

for gods sake no

Relax, there won't be many Captains named Kim and Khloe. Probably a ton of blue-spooned bridge bunnies, though. ;)
    • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
      So is anyone else mad at the fact that we where told the new faction would be the Jem'hadar? And instead we get the whiny Cardi's? Now if the Jem'hadar are playable is it going to be a "We are leaving the true way" kind of story arc? Because the last race in Star Trek that needs a voice are the people who traded there freedom for security. Occupied Bajor and chose the losing side in the dominion war and have not stopped crying about it since? I mean I don't know about you, but that would be like playing as an STO version of a fascist. Or at least some Southern rebel moaning the "The south will rise again!blah blah blah"
    • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      edited April 2018
      Bajoran terrorists ? Wait till they get a load of me

hehehe
      GwaoHAD.png
    • shadowhand#8240 shadowhand Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      winters83 wrote: »
      FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!
      Very True.
      Does the Romulan Republic get Cardassians too?
      Please let them get one. they only have three.

splitboy wrote: »
      Add Cardis to the Romulan Republic not to FrED or KDF.

I would rather play a Cardassian that helps Romulans to get back on their feet and in the process ending up with Star Fleet, then having to bend over and join that oppressive Regime the Federation is.

i think from a storyline point of view it would be almost impossible to consider as the early missions point specifically to an internal Romulan and Reman matter. it would mean adding extra dialogue for alien characters in some missions in the republic and doing more voice work.

i would imagine that is the reason, but it would be nice if the Romulans were thrown a bone and the Acamarians or Suliban ended up in the republic, but it isn't a stable or secure one, so you got some suliban who prefer to remain free and neutral and others who want to do something for their own people by working for the Republic to protect their people. that would make it more believable for the storyline purposes.

• msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      i guess this means no Cardassian faction in the future, witch is what i think was wonted more then a toon in a existing faction.
      and if the Jem’Hadar faction is forced to pick a faction like the Romulans, then the hole back story on why the Cardassians joined the other factions is lost. i know that the Jem'Hadar that we play as is lead by Odo, but most if not all of them probably fought against the Cardassians in the Dominion War. So why would the Cardassions join a faction that is allied with there greatest enemy.
    • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
      As much as I would like to see Cardassians added to the Romulan race selection, they would be so out of place in the Romulan tutorial and storyline.

Even on the KDF side, they are out of place in their tutorial and storyline... considering the KDF/Cardassian history in DS9.

Being in Starfleet, I can see, as some could very well apply and make it through the Academy.

Regardless of the backstories, though, I am glad we do get playable Cardassians. I am hoping, though, that they can wear the Cardassian uniforms that the NPCs have. Nausicaans, Orions, and (to a lesser extent) Gorn have their own uniforms at character creation
      -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      Bajoran terrorists ? Wait till they get a load of me

hehehe

hahaha. Such bitterness is very gratifying! :tongue: .
      Even on the KDF side, they are out of place in their tutorial and storyline... considering the KDF/Cardassian history in DS9.

Probably a nod to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance from the Mirror universe and it is only seen from Deep Space 9 anyway. I can't see many reasons why a Cardassian wouldn't be welcomein the empire, so long as they understand and fight with honor for the KDF. The Empire isn't anywhere near as unforgiving of outsiders as you might expect.

I still have my concerns about joined trills though as canon puts the numbers of Trill symbionts at a low number and great demand for a promising initiate to receive one. Unjoined trills i would have far less problem with just from that point of view alone.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
      ishigami2 wrote: »
      I play an alien made Cardassian.
      While I will say thanks, I will also say: Worthless to me since you have no race change token...

I agree with you. My main character was created back in 2010 and is a Cardassian/Alien. He flew a Galor for several years and then a Keldon as soon as he could get his hands on one. If we had race change tokens then I would pay to have him become a real Cardassian. But he has been my main for 8 years. No way I would start a new character from scratch.
      Dahar Master Qor'aS
    • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      WOO HOO YES!!! I will definatley role one
    • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
      nommo#5819 wrote: »
      If we are lucky, & Cryptic feels generous, like they have in the past there will be no need for a race respec token. Cryptic will offer (1) free character slot for all to decide how to enjoy for the VIL.

I don't think that's quite why people are wanting a race respec token. Like, I have a Federation "Romulan", she's the second character I created and I've been a lifer since closed beta. I've put a lot of time and resources into her. If it ever became possible to create Romulans that serve in Starfleet, I would rather convert her than start all over again just to recreate her. I think that's what other people are asking for. I for one think it could be a popular seller in the cstore

bridges.jpg
      Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
      While it would be nice for my future Cardassian to have his own tutorial and some Cardassian specific dialogue options showing a more pragmatic way of doing things, sadly I think its a little unlikely.

In the same way existing species choice from the Federation and KDF fit a certain mold any captain in these factions upholds the views of those sides. So my Cardassian captain is going to be second mate in the KDF and be outsmarted by a human that should have been broken long before a rescue attempt could be made.
    • vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
      schloopdoo wrote: »
      There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe

I know. Can't we just give Garak some assistants in his new tailor shop and get the bad puns over with? Wonder if they'd do some voice acting for us?
    • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
      I knew holding off making a custom cardassian would be worth it eventually

Well, more power to you.
      My character is old. Don't even remember exactly how old but probably about 5 to 6 years old. It wasn’t created with the intend to play a Cardassian back then. I just wanted to choose all traits myself. However for the last 2 years or so it has been constantly be an Cardassian.

trygvar13 wrote: »
      I agree with you. My main character was created back in 2010 and is a Cardassian/Alien. He flew a Galor for several years and then a Keldon as soon as he could get his hands on one. If we had race change tokens then I would pay to have him become a real Cardassian. But he has been my main for 8 years. No way I would start a new character from scratch.

Yea the issue is the grind. My character is now pretty decently geared and build. Almost everything is Epic XIV and some fleet ships and stuff. I just can not afford to play a new one.
      I know some people here seem to have a competition about how many character fit on one account but I’m not one of them. I have one character for each class on federation which I consider main and a token Romulan and that is it, just not enough time and motivation to make others.

There is hope that we get at least adjusted hair styles unlocked on Aliens?
      Pretty please?
    • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
      > @winters83 said:
      > FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!

Cardassian Science Officers use blue “makeup” as a sort of division colour, it’s just that most Cardassian scientists are female because they’re apparently better at the sciences
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      > @winters83 said:
      > FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!

Cardassian Science Officers use blue “makeup” as a sort of division colour, it’s just that most Cardassian scientists are female because they’re apparently better at the sciences

Only from what we know of unfortunately.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
      edited April 2018
      I think that cryptic/pwe should open up cardassians home planet cardassia that way the we can go down to cardassia on the planet surface with our playable cardassians I already bought the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack early so I can be prepaired.
    • notgraynotgray Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Pleeeeeeaaaaase. I NEEEEED it. https://i.imgur.com/xXZm7hh.jpg
    • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      That is why I held out making a Cardassian, because I knew that someday we would get a mini-faction. And it looks like it paid off.​​
      tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      tr717771 wrote: »
      I think that cryptic/pwe should open up cardassians home planet cardassia that way the we can go down to cardassia on the planet surface with our playable cardassians I already bought the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack early so I can be prepaired.

There might be a small chance that we can visit Cardassia Prime in a future ep. Be a miss opportunity not to with Garek around.​​
      tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    • tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
      tr717771 wrote: »

There might be a small chance that we can visit Cardassia Prime in a future ep. Be a miss opportunity not to with Garek around.​​
      Well I hope so cause it wouldn't be right without their home world being open especially the way the cardassians coming in and I find it crazy that the cardassians are joining star fleet and the kdf you would think they would have their own small story arc like the romulans but I guess they are going straight to the two major factions with the cardassians and if I read this correctly the dominion is having their own story arc and faction? if so why isn't the vorta involved and certain other speacies from the gamma quadrant ? thats the real question and I feel the cardassians need their own story arc but we will see what happens on later dates.
    This discussion has been closed.