test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Designations for T6 ships

13»

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Blue is another imperial color. But to me, red = not only blood, but fire, fury, passion. Life. Lashing out, moving forward, and sometimes, red means go faster!

Da Red Wunz go'z fasta
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

Da Red Wunz go'z fasta

a95e1864c3d7ef12ab77a0565a74c746.jpg

"For structure and progression!"
      ​​
      tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
      terran_empire_propaganda_by_bloodrave1984-dc932ez.png
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
        Here's a thing, why is the Federation insignia on MU hull skins?
        Needs a Terran insignia instead
        NMXb2ph.png

The only work around I found for that is using a fleet emblem that is using the Terran Empire insignia.​​

The only work around I found for that is using a fleet emblem that is using the Terran Empire insignia.​​

I do that on my MU skinned Fleet Hestia, the MU skins are missing the Imperial Terra with the background dagger being painted on the hull.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
            edited April 2018
            You know if the prefix was attached to rep that wouldnt be to bad, hit T5 in a rep and unlock the prefixes for that faction. Omega could be the U.S.S. and I.K.S., Romulan could be I.R.W. and R.R.W., etc. The terran could also unlock a Terran hull tattoo that is different then the one from the old mirror lockbox ships. The new dominion rep could do cardassian/dominion prefix.

I hope we see cardassian uniforms as an option in the future, as well as correct neck scales wide but thin instead of just increased neck bulk.
            cardassians_272.jpg
          • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
            I always wanted a t5 mirror universe ambassador class or a t5 mirror universe constitution refit.
          • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
            I've been advocating Mirror prefixes and skins as a costume unlock for ALL ships.
            Indeed, sir. And on this matter, I think it's long overdue for Terran ships to also have the v2 pattern (white/red) as an available option.
            Trying to figure out what I like more. The agony ones or the undiscovered...

-imagery redacted-
            This is yet another argument for implementing weapon model skinning as a cosmetic option. One way would be to adapt the visual slot mechanic currently extant for ships. Under such a construction, each character (and boff) would have another tab for weapon cosmetics - pistols (shared by single and dual pistols), longarms, (rifles, PWAs), and assault (miniguns, etc.). For example - do you have a phaser pulsewave, but want it to look like a TNG phaser rifle? No problem - just pick up a bog-standard one from a vendor, drop it into the rifle slot. This also provides additional an additional Z-store opportunity in terms of special models (perhaps, for instance, someone wants a golden gun...?).
            rattler2 wrote: »
            -image redacted-

Back in the day, before they gave the Terrans the Ent style yellow, then changed it to red... Terran ships were rather dark with purple.
            That looks like a cross between a darker version of the Jem'Hadar shield visual and the Lukari shield visual - there's no reason this shouldn't come back as a hull pattern option; extra credit if the purple accent can be recolored to suit. Come to think of it, would anyone else like to see variants of the Reman shield visual (i.e. one with red instead of green)...?
            So any chance of us getting the MU prefixes and paint jobs yet? (probably not) the mirror event gave me a excuse to ask and keep this thread alive.​​
            azrael605 wrote: »
            Hey there's an idea, put the Mirror designations & skins in the Event rewards.

Awesome I am down for that.​​
          • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
            edited May 2018
            If they make the ISS prefix and Terran skin available for all ships, I wouldn't mind if the markings looked more like the ones in Enterprise; two large 'pincers' on the saucer with an aft-facing terran logo in each pincer, with the Terran logo obviously replacing each Starfleet pendant.

I think the current style looks overdone, like someone started slapping a ship model with a brush while wearing a blindfold...
            tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
          • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
            put it in the C store just like the NX designation
            sig.jpg
          • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
            but a lot of people might just spend 5 real dollars to get the zen and buy it.. if it's easy to do and monetize, it is more likely to happen. just sayin. the more they bring in the longer the servers stay on
            sig.jpg
            > @vetteguy904 said:
            > put it in the C store just like the NX designation

I'd prefer that as well, it was just a thought, but as an event reward it hits several important points. 1. It's something people want (as seen in this thread) 2. It would help metrics lol 3. Not everyone would get it, making it a good addition to the Epic Phoenix tokens and helping stabilize the Dillex

That is a superb idea
            NMXb2ph.png
            • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
              What they really should have is a 40-char long ship name field (all other name fields in the game are 40 chars) and let players type in their own prefixes.
            • krycrowkrycrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
              Is the I.S.S. acronym going to be introduced at all? Would look great for my all Terran ship!
            • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
              Been discussed many, MANY times. The latest thread was

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1239220/mirror-designations-for-t6-ships/p1

but posting to it now would be a necro, so please don't.

On to your topic, yes I would love this, and so would many others from the discussions. However, it is getting tiresome to have the subject pop up so often.​​
              signature.png
              We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
            • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
              The ISS prefix has probably been asked about as often as the mirror skins themselves.
              tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
            • krycrowkrycrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
              Thats ship registry not name.

Thank you that's what I meant lol!
            • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
              Actually, it would not be a necro. ;)

@krycrow

pIWTn8y.png
              GrWzQke.png
              Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
              Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
              Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
              ----> Contact Customer Support <----
              Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
              Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
              Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
              Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
            • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
              Actually, it would not be a necro. ;)

@krycrow

pIWTn8y.png

Cool, glad to hear it.​​
              signature.png
              We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!