test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Evolution of the Infinity Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
We've made some big changes to the Infinity Lock Box for Season 14.5, including six new T6 ships - updates to the classic Temporal Science and Temporal Destroyer Vessels!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10849844

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    GREAT NEWS!!!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So...what does that mean for owners of the Wells and Moebius T-5U starships? I'm thinking the fair thing to do is give us free upgrades to those ships we busted out asses to get.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    This console mod can be equipped on any starship. Only one of these consoles may be equipped on a ship at a time. This cannot be true . some kind of mistype right backstep on any ship? correct this
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    So...what does that mean for owners of the Wells and Moebius T-5U starships?

Same thing as previous T5->T6 box/lobi ship updates, our consoles get better (passive buff and can be used across any ship.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I will never be a fan of the Gamble Boxes. I prefer systems where I know what I'm paying for.
    It means "Welcome to obsolescence" and "buy more keys to gamble for a slim chance at the newer shinier better version of what you had!"

Pretty awesome, right?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    GREAT NEWS!!!

I agree. An occasional updating of the Infinity-everything offerings is great & these newest inclusions: Temporal Science Vessels & Destroyers are all spiffy.

Picking 1 of each per faction I like the designs/looks of the: Verne more than the Klein, Chargh’poH more than the Qul’poH, & Sui'Mor more than the Tal’aura.

My favorite is that Chargh'poH, imo, it just looks wicked for the design & color scheme.

Well done on all 6 ships! Well done on the Infinity additions too. Now only if you would increase the odds of winning or better yet publish the gambling percentages.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    As of the release of this updated to the Infinity Lock Box, the special Consoles associated with these starships are no longer ship-restricted, but may instead be used on any starship you own. This includes both the newly “Enhanced” versions of these consoles obtained from the new T6 ships, as well as existing versions obtained from the T5 versions of these ships.
    Oh boy...
    Temporal shenanigans for everyone and their past and future selves! My Valkis will appreciate getting more temporal goodness, thanks.

And the T6 versions are beauties.
    Though, which "Klein" does the T6 Mobius refer to? I hope it's Étienne and not the WW2 war criminal Fritz (though since it's a Mirror ship, that wouldn't surprise me).
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    I hope it's Étienne and not the WW2 war criminal Fritz (though since it's a Mirror ship, that wouldn't surprise me).

obviously it is, since the romulan version is named after the woman who murdered the senate and praetor with a banned biogenic weapon​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The new Fed Temporal ships look awesome - my only wish, and I know that's all it will ever be, would be to be able to use the Wells or Verne skins on the Mobius or Klein (or vice versa) if both of the applicable ships are owned - for example, I love the stats of my Mobius but I think the Wells (which I also own) is better looking, so my perfect scenario here would be to be able to get the Klein and slap the Wells skin on it.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I just melted!!!, I need a lot of lobi!!!!... i'm so happy!!!, and I have all the T5-U versions and I'm not complaining!! :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • notgraynotgray Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    F***ING FINALLY. THANK you, I've been waiting for this since that first set of 5>6 lockbox upgrades.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    We've made some big changes to the Infinity Lock Box for Season 14.5, including six new T6 ships - updates to the classic Temporal Science and Temporal Destroyer Vessels!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10849844

Does this mean that there'll be a change in the Admiralty system, when it comes to rarity? Considering the shift in rarity of ships/availability?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I hope it's Étienne and not the WW2 war criminal Fritz (though since it's a Mirror ship, that wouldn't surprise me).
    obviously it is, since the romulan version is named after the woman who murdered the senate and praetor with a banned biogenic weapon​​
    Oh, you mean the woman who later became Praetor after Shinzon died?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Someone has probably bought all the Vonphs now to re-sell them at higher prices.

Anyway, this is fantastic news even though I no longer have an Acheros or Vonph.

Combining the blue packs with old T5 ships is also nice - the Palisade for example is weirdly expensive right now and that will probably change after this update.

I'm also very happy to see the N'Kaam being brought to the new pack. I've been sitting on a couple of the blue boxes for a long time now because most ships weren't that interesting to me - except for some Admiralty cards for my Romulan but otherwise saving them until the Lukari ship would be added :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User

Same thing as previous T5->T6 box/lobi ship updates, our consoles get better (passive buff and can be used across any ship.)

Wait-Has this always been the case for the T5->T6 updates? If so I'll be tweaking some builds...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Excellent skin designs for the Fed and Rom variants!

Prefixes included is definitely nice, though hoping the 'None' option is also available.

Sad they haven't added singularity core for the warbirds and cloaks of any kind on the non-feds.

Also only LtC Temporal on hero temporal ships is sad.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    A lot of great news here, and I love the ship traits and the references they contain. Brilliant.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    This console mod can be equipped on any starship. Only one of these consoles may be equipped on a ship at a time. This cannot be true . some kind of mistype right backstep on any ship? correct this

Muhahahahahha this is the end now. :D
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'll have the six ships... i must!... ohh, and I'll be broke for a few months..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Sad they haven't added singularity core for the warbirds and cloaks of any kind on the non-feds.

Absolutely..Especially since these ARE temporal ships...Im also just sad the ensign universal didn't get bumped to Lt Universal..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Absolutely..Especially since these ARE temporal ships..

I'll tend to agree this is a missed opportunity to make these full Temporal ships with the mechanic...but still the stats are nice.

-Captain James T. Kirk
    edited March 2018
    But she gained a LTC Science

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Can’t wait to get the new Verne for my temporal toon. Gonna use the aeon skin for it
    Wil the Aeon Skin work on Rom and Kdf versions of these ships?

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• maritainmaritain Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Hi, Kael, Borticus --

Why, oh WHY, on a specifically Temporal Science Ship, would you NOT have a Commander Temporal station?

Indeed, on the paradigmatic Temporal Ship - the one that started it all?

Now is the right time to exercise the "NOTE: The above stats for all ships are subject to change" clause you always include in your ship descriptions. Please fix this!

Thank you!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    So...what does that mean for owners of the Wells and Moebius T-5U starships? I'm thinking the fair thing to do is give us free upgrades to those ships we busted out asses to get.

yeah that is not going to happen
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    I like the Infinity Lock Box changes, and the T6 Temporal ships. It is only too bad they don't have access to Commander Temporal Spec BOff seat. Still, major props for the Back to the Future love in reference to the Starship traits.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

That's not fairness you're clamoring for that's entitlement you're seeking. It hasn't been done for any other T5 ships that had a T6 version released neither.