test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Ships or Characters rendered on Wine

josef615josef615 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I just downloaded Wine 2.21 on my MacBook Pro and ran STO. Login and gameplay seems to be working fine, only problem is that nothing seems to be rendering; characters or ships, neither in gameply nor in the character selection menu. I know nothing about coding or working with wine, so I just need simple instructions to fix this.

Answers

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Sounds to me like Wine isn't communicating with your GFX properly, but without knowing exactly what MB Pro you're running, it's kinda hard to be more helpful than that.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    try disabling lighting 2.0?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • srwreizero#7259 srwreizero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    You could also try wine 3.0, which is the newest stable version, or 3.5 development version. They added DirectX 11 support to wine since 3.0 earlier this year, so lighting 2.0 should work on it. Search for winehq in google (I'm still too new to the forums to post links, sorry).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I believe wine support went away with the graphics upgrade. There maybe a way around it...but as I don't use it, I have no idea personally.

Cold, why are you using a jail in your picture?, I have seen this in others too, but I don't know what that means :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    The jail overlay is used on people that have been visited with admin mediation.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    NM, I believe I found the answer to my off topic question via a Google search
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • josef615josef615 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    Sounds to me like Wine isn't communicating with your GFX properly, but without knowing exactly what MB Pro you're running, it's kinda hard to be more helpful than that.
    I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro with OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
    Anything I can do to fix this GFX issue?
  • josef615josef615 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    try disabling lighting 2.0?

Already checked that, it was automatically disabled