What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starting at level 60

13»

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    im not craycray about startig at 60 heck i have a insta60 token i have not used
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

STO has insta 60 tokens now??
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    If there is it might be a LTS/Sub thing.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    If there is it might be a LTS/Sub/Vet thing.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

STO has insta 60 tokens now??

No it does not. I am LTS and do not have any.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    yes it does, but they're only handed out through e-mail bribes offers​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although to me the biggest part of the fun is playing through the story arcs, I can see why someone that's already raised a toon to lvl 60 would like to be able to instantly promote a new toon to lvl 60.

On the flip side, I can also understand why Cryptic might not want to make that option available even though a lot of people would gladly play a decent amount of Zen for it. Player metrics. While bringing in money from players buying zen is of course of utmost importance, having players actually on-line and in the game is also extremely important. Only Cryptic knows for sure but someone somewhere likely decided that the money brought in by selling insta-upgrades wouldn't be enough to counter act the massive drop in on-line players due to all the altoholics no longer having to actually play to level their alts.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    On the flip side, I can also understand why Cryptic might not want to make that option available even though a lot of people would gladly play a decent amount of Zen for it.

oh, cryptic certainly has no issue with it - or at least other branches of cryptic don't, because both CO and NWO have instant level tokens (though in CO's case, it only takes you 3/4ths of the way to max, that being 40 and the token only takes a character to 30)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.